Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Special artwork

ninja2bceen

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry potts43, doesnt look like the .png files work as special!! My mistake

but i tried the custom xbox .swf from post #80 and that works

if you get a chance just try doing them as swf

im not sure how all the special A1 B1 stuff works. It looks to me like my system menus read the special art from Main menu just puts it in a different place depending on the ini, dont know if thats normal

sorry potts43, doesnt look like the .png files work as special!! My mistake

but i tried the custom xbox .swf from post #80 and that works

if you get a chance just try doing them as swf

im not sure how all the special A1 B1 stuff works. It looks to me like my system menus read the special art from Main menu just puts it in a different place depending on the ini, dont know if thats normal

Sorry potts i previously said that the xbox.swf files made my hyperspin crash, after thatman84 said they worked on his i went back and tried again...Again it crashed so i deleted specialA1.swf file (frame) and the xbox controls seemed to work fine.

Does the specialA1.swf file make your hyperspin crash thatman84?

Thanks

Sorry potts i previously said that the xbox.swf files made my hyperspin crash, after thatman84 said they worked on his i went back and tried again...Again it crashed so i deleted specialA1.swf file (frame) and the xbox controls seemed to work fine.

Does the specialA1.swf file make your hyperspin crash thatman84?

Thanks

Um I have switched off tonight now. Possible as I was only messing with SpecialB1.

I'll try tomorrow.

BTW Potts43 the system buttons look amazing for Shield but I think for my setup I will have to double the size as I think they will be to small (from testing on my laptop)

I'm going to track down a flash program next week so I can have a go at this animation stuff. Looks like fun!!

I may see the issue here. The original custom swf file had embedded action script to have the current date and time show. For kicks I'll do a frame without action script to try. It's possible that your shield TV doesn't like pngs so not showing.

Can you try this. They are unanimated png converted to swf. It may point us in the direction to completely solve this issue.

I also need to know if these work if the original SpecialB1,2 and 3 work but the SpecialA doesn't. This will highlight the Actionscript is the issue.

Cheers

HyperSpin.zip

Can you try this. They are unanimated png converted to swf. It may point us in the direction to completely solve this issue.

I also need to know if these work if the original SpecialB1,2 and 3 work but the SpecialA doesn't. This will highlight the Actionscript is the issue.

Cheers

Hi potts, the frame shown up :) just got to try get the correct x and y coordinates, im assuming the buttons are just wrong x an y coordinates as they dont show. Anyway here is a clip again

https://youtu.be/o1WRcazRLRU

Thanks for this potts

So done some testing

Files from post #80 Customised special art.zip

A1 = Crashes my Shield TV hyperspin

B1,2,3 display fine but are fairly small  (I did not change my x and y)

post-93349-0-56125800-1465718200_thumb.png

Latest Shield Buttons.swf test

A1 shows up but does not scale up to fit the screen on the Shield TV (scales ok on my laptop)

post-93349-0-85285500-1465717577_thumb.png

B1 has something weird going on both on Shield TV and my Laptop

post-93349-0-37441000-1465719006_thumb.png

Hope this helps diagnose

Ok chaps thanks for testing. It appears that shield TV doesn't upscale like expected which probably means that I need to create the SpecialA at the intended resolution- probably 1920x1080? Is that what you are displaying?

Clearly the action script in the original SpecialA that displayed the current date is the issue as my latest one didn't crash your system. Therefore that issue appears to have been resolved!

The button icons were created to match the original SpecialA and fitted well with its design. The bottom had a transparent bar and they were sized to match. However on the PC they had to fit 1024x768 which was a HS thing/issue. This may be the issue you are seeing as there's no resizing going on.

I'm thinking if you get me your screen resolution I can provide several files that should produce the best fit for android based systems.

Ok I have redone the  artwork for you at 1080p.

Normally the SpecialArt is made up from A and B...background and buttons.

I have created them as separates and combined so you can choose how it works best for you.

It might be easy to just choose the combined and rename to SpecialA.

I have created pngs and swfs. NO Action scripts for you lot!

The template at 1080p inc buttons is included so that you can edit the text for your individual systems if you wish to.

Hopefully by now you see what is required to get these positioned correctly once you get your correct x and y positions.

I have made the buttons larger as requested!

I hope you can now get these to work pain free!

post-12442-0-32923300-1465853175_thumb.png

post-12442-0-73100800-1465853186_thumb.png

1080P.zip

Ok I have redone the artwork for you at 1080p.

Normally the SpecialArt is made up from A and B...background and buttons.

I have created them as separates and combined so you can choose how it works best for you.

It might be easy to just choose the combined and rename to SpecialA.

I have created pngs and swfs. NO Action scripts for you lot!

The template at 1080p inc buttons is included so that you can edit the text for your individual systems if you wish to.

Hopefully by now you see what is required to get these positioned correctly once you get your correct x and y positions.

I have made the buttons larger as requested!

I hope you can now get these to work pain free!

Thanks for all the work on this, beat your own deadline!

Had a very quick test before work and not sure if it's going to work

Tried the main menu combined,

Png didn't load as expected

The swf looked like it was zoomed in but didn't have time to change x and y

Viewing the png normally the buttons looked great.

I'll test them all tonight properly

Archived