Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Special artwork

ninja2bceen

OK my Android Shield tv friends. I've created these pngs for you. It works and gets around the swf flash crashing your systems. Hope you like them.

If you get stuck on how to use them .....Just ask.

wow this is going to look amazing. Im stuck already tho so could u please help me use these please.

Thanks very much potts :thanks:

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will but I'm busy at the moment. Look at renaming them and placing them in :

HS\media\main menu\images\special and also the same for the systems versions. The PSD file is so that you can create the fully filled out version of the system SpecialA1.png with the details per system.

I think that I explained in one of the zip files I made above. It might be worth grabbing them. These are similar to the .swf but aren't animated so they are png.

I found 5 minutes to put two demo folders together.

1) The main menu

2) Atari 2600

All you need to do is unzip to your Hyperspin folder and it will put the files in the right place for you.

PLEASE bear in mind that the two files: Main menu.ini and Atari 260.ini will overwrite yours - SO PLEASE back them up first if you care.

For every other system you have would need the files from the Atari 2600 putting into its own folder of the same location.

You would have to adjust the SpecialA,B and C sections in EVERY ini file as it stores the coordinates/location of where to display the artwork.

In my System specialA1 art I have edited every version to add stuff like Generation version and dates and the system name. It only takes five mins using the PSD template I have provided for you.

Also the Genre icon will show up in the top right. I have provided the artwork for you also.

hopefully you can sort it now.

Cheers Android users!

HyperSpin.zip

Hi potts, just tried the shield tv special artwork. Its not showing for me :( well i replaced my main menu.ini with yours and transfered the special art over too. Booted hyperspin up and all my system icons were tiny but there wasnt no buttons showing at the bottom. So i replaced my main menu.ini and just copied

[special Art A]
default=false
active=true
x = 512
y=384
in = .4
out = .4
length = 3
delay = .1
type =normal
start =none

[special Art B]
default=false
active=true
x = 110
y=750
in = .4
out = .4
length = 3
delay = .1
type =normal
start =none

[special Art C]
active=true
x=974
y=12
in=0
out=0
length=3
delay=0

from your main menu.ini and replaced them with the ones in my ini.

Any clues why?? Thank you

Ninja,

here is your version with the larger coin buttons. Hoping it is to your liking!

Cheers

amazing Potts, beautiful

I have no idea how to animate swf, so good!

You were saying that it's easy to integrate things here. Alpha said he did something with button presses? Did you ever play with that idea with his arcade assets? You all took this so much further than I thought it ever would

Thank you!

amazing Potts, beautiful

I have no idea how to animate swf, so good!

You were saying that it's easy to integrate things here. Alpha said he did something with button presses? Did you ever play with that idea with his arcade assets? You all took this so much further than I thought it ever would

Thank you!

The button presses are easy to animate. I will look at that ....with time[emoji16]

Hi potts, just tried the shield tv special artwork. Its not showing for me :( well i replaced my main menu.ini with yours and transfered the special art over too. Booted hyperspin up and all my system icons were tiny but there wasnt no buttons showing at the bottom. So i replaced my main menu.ini and just copied

[special Art A]

default=false

active=true

x = 512

y=384

in = .4

out = .4

length = 3

delay = .1

type =normal

start =none

[special Art B]

default=false

active=true

x = 110

y=750

in = .4

out = .4

length = 3

delay = .1

type =normal

start =none

[special Art C]

active=true

x=974

y=12

in=0

out=0

length=3

delay=0

from your main menu.ini and replaced them with the ones in my ini.

Any clues why?? Thank you

I found that the x and y coordinates can be way out on a per system basis. Try experiments

Ok, I only provided a main menu setup and Atari 2600 system setup. (As a system example to replicate) Please re-read my instructions again. I did say for every system you have they need to have the same files/settings as the Atari 2600 I provided. You may need to adjust the x & y coords to suit your setup.

Post #154

So i started again and copy and replaced all the files u put in the zip, still doesnt seem to be showing for me.

Made a little vid to show

https://youtu.be/-avLL2EDpbc

Thanks

I can't view the video it's just says 'you need to sign in to view this video'.

I really want to get this working but as I don't have android I can't try it out. Perhaps you need to see if your android friends are having the same issues....

However I have a Samsung tablet that runs android-would that run hyperspin?

I'll give this a go tonight, not had a chance yet.

The Android forum has been a bit of a ghost town this week!

Let us know if your tablet works. You will soon see in play store if it's compatable.

All you need is a Hyperspin folder with media, databases and settings folder inside. Nothing else.

Archived