Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Are there any compatibility issues in general from Windows 7 to win 10? I have a amd card, graphics card is maybe 4 years old. Nothing special in general. Like it has a hard time playing dead rising for pc sort of thing. If my pc can't handle that game, do you think it will handle win 10? Activex12 does so much for gaming though

Free offer expires at end of July

The only issue I had that the Win10 support for my ASUS Z98I-PRO motherboard sucks. Most drivers are updated through Windows Update, but the utilities are not updated at all. I had to fiddle a couple of hours to get them working.

If you are doubting if you should upgrade, you can do the following:

• Update to Win10
  • Create an installation ISO. It's a while ago I did this, but I think the Windows 10 updater can do this
  • Use Google to find a tool that shows your Win10 key
  • Revert back to Win7

Now you can install the legit Win10 whenever you want, even after July :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having a hard time getting the TTX games running on Windows 10

What issues are you having? I think I've only got a couple that won't load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently upgraded my Desktop from 8.1 to 10 and all of my TTX games still work just fine, including all the ones you listed. I ran 10 on my laptop for 5 months or so as a test before installing on my desktop and once I saw there weren't any issues I updated then wiped and did a clean install on my desktop.

Yea....that's what I don't understand. They worked fine on 8.1....I'm determined to get em going though just needed to stop for a few days and regroup my brain

It could be something small like not having one of the c++ runtimes installed.

Tried the runtime libraries and they are already installed, rechecked all permissions, compatibility mode and added my TTX games folder an an exception in Windows defender and it's still a no go....

Bummer. They all still work on mine after upgrading, so it's possibly just one simple thing.

Oh well.....I'm stubborn and don't give up easily. I'm confident I'll get them running again.... It night not be tomorrow or next week but eventually I will :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well finished upgrade. Retroarch needs to be upgraded it doesnt work. I had to run a bunch of rl exe files as administrator or that did not work at all. My older version of daemon tools works fine. Ps1 works. Dont have my cab all setup so just rdp in so cant test it all. Seems ok and didnt break too much stuff. Disabled defender and uac. Will upgrade retroarch and should be mostly fine. Not too shabby.

I just clicked the GO button and it went through a bunch of really friendly "We're almost done! Yay!" type screens (which took quite a long time) and when it was done everything was still right where I left it and it worked. I just had to re-exempt HS files and the only program I had to re-download was Devcon. Everything else worked just like it did before hand.

Your results may vary.

I hear dolphin 5 really needs to be on Windows 10 so that's enough to do it. I think I'm going to this weekend. Does it take a liot of space? Does it wipe everything you had on it from Windows 7?

I think it saves everything so you can go back to 7. I think it added like 30-50 gigs to my setup. I have a copy of my win7 on another drive if I have more issues than I can handle. I like win 10 though and use it in everything else. Having my cab on 7 was annoying... Good luck!

You csn use disk cleanup to remove all the backup files too once you decide to stay.

Couple of other notes from my experience:

1. my rocketlauncher needed to be updated so I had to adjust settings for Saturn (ssf emulator set bios paths0

2. My daemon tools had to be updated but followed another thread post for that and downloaded 10.2 from downloads section and worked great

3. Retroarch updated and all my systems that use that work great

4. Updated Dolphin to 5.0

5. Still need to test:  Trackball, dual light guns, mame, and a few more emulators but can't  until I have my cab setup (using RDP)

I moved to a different  house last year and have had the pc sitting in the basement while working on projects and it was just great to see how cool my setup is after not using it for a year!  I would rate windows 10 as a worthy upgrade and would recommend it!

Archived