Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Asteroids Deluxe Hyperspin Cabinet

Snakerake

Thanks!, not a copy of the CP, but designed in the style of it, I tried to use slot of the same elements.

The original CP had a more washed out orangy-red ... but then bright red on the bezel. Color consistency didn't seem that important to Atari back in 81 apparently.  

But yeah.. I agree ,I made the red brighter to match the buttons, but I'm gonna try it with the OG color tomorrow, see if I like it better 

No coin door at the moment, or at least not a functional one. I'm gonna use the bottom for storage so I don't want to lock the door.  I'm afraid my 2 yr old son will mess with it and break it if he can get to the rear of it. (And probably eat the coins.)

I'm thinking on building something to mimic the look of it though... it does needs something on the bottom.

Yeah I think if you match to the blue, red and purple in the marquee it will come together better.

I also didn't put a coin door on mine... and then immediately regretted it when it was done. Just doesn't look right without one so at some point soon I need to break it down, cut it up and add one.

Easier to do now at the stage you're at.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi Snakerake,

I LOVED your Asteroids control panel design for staying true to the spirit of the original. I was looking for a custom panel design for my Arcade1UP asteroids multicade and I used your modification as a base.  Thanks for sharing!

Looking forward,

Cam

ASTEROIDS CPO.png

Archived