Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Auto-generating games database based on RocketLauncher audit?

ryanjg11

I'm using RocketLauncher and HyperSpin and have a large collection of Game Boy Advance ROMs, though only about half of the entire catalog. Rather than spending five hours going through the XML in Notepad++ and manually removing the ones I don't have, is there any way to auto-generate an XML list that only features the games that have actually passed the RocketLauncher audit? 

Surely there has to be a utility that would automate this? 

Multiple programs in the download section that will make a database when you give it a directory of roms. You could also just use the roms only option in HS to only display the ones you have and not worry about the database.

Do you know if this capability is built into Don's toolpack? I played around with the List Generator tool but its looking for an Exclude file, and I'm not sure how to generate an Exclude file that only shows missing ROMs.

I attempted to use "ROMS Only" in HyperHQ for GBA games, and selected the ROMpath, but after opening HyperSpin it wouldn't let me get into the GBA games... The GBA system is listed on the main wheel, but after selecting it, it just keeps going back to the main console wheel. Weird. 

Do you know if this capability is built into Don's toolpack? I played around with the List Generator tool but its looking for an Exclude file, and I'm not sure how to generate an Exclude file that only shows missing ROMs.

I attempted to use "ROMS Only" in HyperHQ for GBA games, and selected the ROMpath, but after opening HyperSpin it wouldn't let me get into the GBA games... The GBA system is listed on the main wheel, but after selecting it, it just keeps going back to the main console wheel. Weird. 

I use Don's tools for this... no need for an exclude file, it's optional.

You need the set the rom extensions in hyperhq

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a very similar conversation about this topic earlier today. I don't use RL but I'm guess you point it to the same xml database as Hyperspin?

If so this thread should have a possible solution for you if you want to cut out the missing games from the xml. If not just use the roms only filter.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/28015-generate-an-xml-of-missing-roms-only/#entry253201

Use filter list in dons tools

• 3 years later...

You can actually generate the new database based on your ROMs directly in Rocket Launcher UI.

You need to go to the tab on the left, where the systems are, and delete the system you want to generate the database for. Choose to not also delete the arts folders in the checkbox that pops up. After adding an emulator for your system in “global”, you will add your system again in the left tab. But this time you will be aided by the wizard, which will give you the option to replace the existing database with one generated from your Rom list.

Check the attached file for a step by step guide with screen captures.

Replacing database in RL UI.docx

You can actually generate the new database based on your ROMs directly in Rocket Launcher UI.
 You need to go to the tab on the left, where the systems are, and delete the system you want to generate the database for. Choose to not also delete the arts folders in the checkbox that pops up. After adding an emulator for your system in “global”, you will add your system again in the left tab. But this time you will be aided by the wizard, which will give you the option to replace the existing database with one generated from your Rom list.
Check the attached file for a step by step guide with screen captures.
Replacing database in RL UI.docx
The last post in this thread was from 2016!

Also, you fail to mention that RLs database creation only contains filenames, NO extra metadata like publisher or year will be included.

IMO it would be easier to edit an official db to retain this info rather than try to input it into whatever RL creates.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

Archived