Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

So I was confused but I think I have figured most of it out now.

Here goes

post-93349-0-23036600-1477168182_thumb.png

Animated Backgrounds (Allows all settings grouped below it function)

Intersititial Backgrounds (loads the images in Hyperspin\Media\Main Menu\Images\Backgrounds\Interstitial between switching system)

Level 1 - 4 Backgrounds (Appiles different levels of animations to backgrounds as they fade in and out when switching. Higher level = better animation and higher CPU load)

Special Backgrounds (Plays Override Transitions in .flv format from Hyperspin\Media\Main Menu\Video\Override Transitions for .flv files that match system names you have in your Main Menu.xml)

or

Hyperspin\Media\Frontend\Video\Transitions for generic .flv files that play when no System Name specific one is found in above folder location

Themes Wait For Special (Themes load after Override Transition has played)

Animated Artworks (This applies animation of Artwork in png format that is contained in the "systemname".zip Theme located in Hyperspin\Media\Main Menu\Themes)

Level 1 & 2 Artworks (Im not sure on this one but guessing its either different levels of animations OR applies animations to more of the 4 theme artwork layers)

My guess is animated artworks control the black, animated transitions that aren't intersticials.

When a screen animates in with flipping tiles, a fade, a wipe, an open/close animation etc...

Just a guess without looking.

I think those are the transition stored in frontend media for systems that don't have a named transition in Main Menu media or the level settings of animated backgrounds

But I also can't be sure but I'm looking!!

Thanks for helping though man

Yes those are where the FLV transition animations are, but those aren't what I was talking about.

I'm talking about the screenwipe animations. For example when it animates the previous theme's background out, usually by animating negative/black space.

Like in my video here just after 50 seconds. It switches from Makaimura to Ghosts'n Goblins by animating the Makaimura background into squares which change into the next background.

EDIT: Another animated blur after the 1:44 mark. Another animated artwork at the 2:09 mark. Another fade at 3:04. Flipping tiles at 3:17. Circular screen-wipe at 3:28 etc...

Like in my video here just after 50 seconds. It switches from Makaimura to Ghosts'n Goblins by animating the Makaimura background into squares which change into the next background.

EDIT: Another animated blur after the 1:44 mark. Another animated artwork at the 2:09 mark. Another fade at 3:04. Flipping tiles at 3:17. Circular screen-wipe at 3:28 etc...

Ok so I think I have now figured this out.

What you are pointing out in the video are the Animated Backgrounds Level 1,2,3 & 4. Those effect all the background circular screen-wipe, fade, blur and other animations. That includes the intersitial images also.

This is what I think Animated backgrounds do (Not sure on the levels but fairly obvious)

They activte the animations that are applied to PLAIN Artwork1,2,3,4.png's included in Themes (Themes.xml)

I guess as .swf Artworks in themes are percieve animated this does not apply but I could be wrong.

• 7 months later...

Archived