Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Is MAME artwork the best option for a 16:10 monitor? Where to get updated MAME artwork?

lilcheeks

I hope this isn't the wrong place to post this, if it is, i'm apologizing in advance.  When I setup my mame cabinet a month or so ago, I downloaded all the unified bezel packs on emumovies.  I quickly realized these wouldn't work well because my monitor is a 16:10 and the bezels from the pack were getting cut-off due to me having the wrong screen size.  I then stumbled upon the MR Do site with all the MAME artwork/Instruction cards.  After trying  a couple of those out, I realized that was a better option for me as it wasn't specifically built for a 16:9 monitor, and seemed to resize the game screen as I turned on/off the bezels and instruction cards.  That being said, here are my questions:

• The Mr Do site hasn't been updated since 1/4/14, is there a more up to date place to get these files?
  • Is anyone else using a 16:10 monitor, and did you also find the MAME artwork to work better?

24 minutes ago, phulshof said:

My MAME bezel collection is probably the largest around atm. You can find the MEGA link in my MAME wheel art thread or you can grab it from the EmuMovies FTP site in the Upload directory.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Are they the mame standard bezel packs on the emumovies site?  Or are they called something else?

• 4 months later...

@lilcheeks - Find myself in the same position - needing 16x10 bezels for mame. I don't use RocketLauncher, so hopeing to run somehow through Mame alone. How did you get on - I need an idiot's guide!

@phulshof - I couldn't find such a folder on the EmuMovies FTP. Has it been deleted. Secondly, in answer to the OP's post - are you bezels in 16x10 format?

1 hour ago, stigzler said:

@lilcheeks - Find myself in the same position - needing 16x10 bezels for mame. I don't use RocketLauncher, so hopeing to run somehow through Mame alone. How did you get on - I need an idiot's guide!

@phulshof - I couldn't find such a folder on the EmuMovies FTP. Has it been deleted. Secondly, in answer to the OP's post - are you bezels in 16x10 format?

I actually ended up not using bezels at all.  I have all the MAME ones downloaded and in the proper folder so I can turn them on if needed, or even see the instruction card for a game which i find more helpful than i originally thought i would.  Sorry, not a lot of help on this one.  

It was moved to the RetroFE Media Pack in the Official section, directory emulators/MAME/artwork if I'm not mistaken. None of them were designed for 16:10 though, but you could consider using them in cropped mode.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

Archived