Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

help please, noonish question on MAMEr om chd sests

schuang74

Hello, sorry if this question is a bit "noobish" i just downloaded a merged Mame software listROM set (.182

and an accompanying CHD set(softwarelist

combined both files contain almost 2 TB of data

I am completely unfamiliar with what these software list libraries are as I was more used to a single archive of MAME ROMS (zip files and any accompany CHDs.  I guess what I am looking for what can I do to test what I have downloaded to make sure the tim I just put in to get them was worth it?  If someone could pleaseoffer me some suggestions I would appreciate it Thank you

a few months ago the MAME (arcade) and the MESS (console) emulators where merged into a single MAME emulator

software list is basically roms for consoles, the software CHDs refers to Disc based systems.

you only want to download the MAME roms for the arcade, and ignore the software packs.

Hello, sorry if this question is a bit "noobish" i just downloaded a merged Mame software listROM set (.182
and an accompanying CHD set(softwarelist
combined both files contain almost 2 TB of data
I am completely unfamiliar with what these software list libraries are as I was more used to a single archive of MAME ROMS (zip files and any accompany CHDs.  I guess what I am looking for what can I do to test what I have downloaded to make sure the tim I just put in to get them was worth it?  If someone could pleaseoffer me some suggestions I would appreciate it Thank you

if you're using RL...

Mame 0.### Roms (Split)
Mame 0.### CHD (Merged)

Run clrmamepro

Good to go

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, schuang74 said:

got it.. maybe thats where my problem is.  where in the ui do i do this?  sorry a bit lost.  thanks for the help!

Paths for Rocklauncher go (see pic)

For Mame (although not necessary if running from RocketLauncher) here. Or set that in the GUI.

#
# CORE SEARCH PATH OPTIONS
#
rompath                   "G:\Mame Roms"
hashpath                  hash
samplepath                samples
artpath                   artwork
ctrlrpath                 ctrlr
inipath                   ini
fontpath                  .
cheatpath                 cheat
crosshairpath             crosshair
pluginspath               plugins
languagepath              language

Image 1.jpg

Thank you for the screen shot.  ill give it a try.  My problem is that I had configured a working HS/RL system using an Intel NUC about a year ago.  Unfortunately I had sustained a stroke that pretty much whipped out my short term memory.  After recovering in the hospital I gave the NUC to a friend thinking he would put it to good use but instead he wiped it and installed a clean OS.  Now I'm trying to do it all over again with a new (Skull Canyon) NUC.  its been a struggle for me trying to remember how I did it the first time,  I feel like so much has changed since 2015, I feel like I am learning everything all over again.  Thanks for the help!

1 hour ago, schuang74 said:

Thank you for the screen shot.  ill give it a try.  My problem is that I had configured a working HS/RL system using an Intel NUC about a year ago.  Unfortunately I had sustained a stroke that pretty much whipped out my short term memory.  After recovering in the hospital I gave the NUC to a friend thinking he would put it to good use but instead he wiped it and installed a clean OS.  Now I'm trying to do it all over again with a new (Skull Canyon) NUC.  its been a struggle for me trying to remember how I did it the first time,  I feel like so much has changed since 2015, I feel like I am learning everything all over again.  Thanks for the help!

Very sorry to hear about your news.

As a platinum member you have access to our "partially" configured builds in the downloads section.

There is a 61 system build and a mame only build which should speed things up for. I said partially because you still need to configured your controls and maybe the video settings of certain emulators.

You can install it in addition to work work you've already done and use Hypersync to download the art work. 

There is a dedicated thread if you have any problems. 

thanks for that now the global system list is populated one big problem.. after setting in the correct ROM paths for the Mame system I go into games and run an audit and all games show up as red. with "0 out of 8034" roms found.  I know these ROMS are good because MAMEUIFX can see them.  any more help would be great! I'm stoked progress!  Thank You!

Archived