Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Keyboard and Joystick randomly become unresponsive

jevansoh

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so been testing this...

seems to be working as I’ve had it running for hours, entered in and out of games and can’t get controls to lock up.  

But  however, as now the “suspend front end” is switched off,  if you move the joystick after pressing the launch game button (enter) the game wheel video sounds from the hyperspin menu can still be heard while the game is playing.  This is a known issue, not sure if you know about it but switching on the “suspend front end” stops this...  but then you get the controls freezing problem lol. 

Someone on the thread for the wheel sound problem (I’ll post link to thread below) came up with an idea that he says works...    he said to set a macro for the game launch button (start button on mine) for 2 seconds.  This makes the computer ignore other inputs as it’s receiving a “enter button” press for 2 seconds which stops this from happening.      However,  I’ve no idea about macros. Looking in hyper hq and rlui and I’ve no idea how to set this up.....

anynone got any suggestions?

• 7 months later...

I had been having the same issue.  My joystick (x-arcade tankstick) would become unresponsive after exiting a game. Hyperspin would also become unresponsive to any joystick interaction after a while.

I believe I figured out what it was...

In hyperhq I disabled the trackball (its really not needed for hyperspin).  The trackball games still work since the emulators have nothing to do with hyperspin. :)

Hope that helps someone.

• 3 months later...

Hi ,

And here with same problem .

controller and keyboard randomly don't work anymore . When i do ctrl alt delete , i see joytokey perfect running under hyperspin .

And this problem is really randomly .

Is it joytokey , is it rocketlauncher ,  i don't know .

Pfffffffffffffffff , 1,5year hyperspin and rocketlauncher setup . Now this . Will i give up ??

17 hours ago, defre1976 said:

Hi ,

And here with same problem .

controller and keyboard randomly don't work anymore . When i do ctrl alt delete , i see joytokey perfect running under hyperspin .

And this problem is really randomly .

Is it joytokey , is it rocketlauncher ,  i don't know .

Pfffffffffffffffff , 1,5year hyperspin and rocketlauncher setup . Now this . Will i give up ??

99% of the time it's your computer causing the issues, not Hyperspin or Joy2Key etc

Check your anti virus, firewall settings etc and ensure they are all disabled or set exclusions when using Hyperspin. Also admin rights for both may also be required.

Also make sure your computer has up to date runtimes from 2005 to 2017.

8 hours ago, cataclysm67 said:

99% of the time it's your computer causing the issues, not Hyperspin or Joy2Key etc

Check your anti virus, firewall settings etc and ensure they are all disabled or set exclusions when using Hyperspin. Also admin rights for both may also be required.

Also make sure your computer has up to date runtimes from 2005 to 2017.

Exclusion in firewall settings where already done .

What i did now , i changed hyperspin to start always has admin .

And runtimes i still need to check untill when i have them .

I let you know if it still happens .

And its really strange 2 hours ago i start up my pc , start hyperspin and boom no response on keyboard or jostick .

I close hyperspin ctrl alt del , i reopen and everything works fine .

And somethimes it occure when i just exit a game after some time .

13 minutes ago, defre1976 said:

Exclusion in firewall settings where already done .

What i did now , i changed hyperspin to start always has admin .

And runtimes i still need to check untill when i have them .

I let you know if it still happens .

And its really strange 2 hours ago i start up my pc , start hyperspin and boom no response on keyboard or jostick .

I close hyperspin ctrl alt del , i reopen and everything works fine .

And somethimes it occure when i just exit a game after some time .

That is all good stuff to do however I dont believe this is what causes this particular issue. I think its a rocketlauncher bug where it suspends the frontend and doesnt always successfully unfreeze it.  I used to have this issue all the time but since I changed my RL settings to not suspend frontend I havent had it once.  See my previous post in this thread for more info.

This is exactly the problem I had!

Its nothing to do with firewalls, antivirus, trackball settings in hyper hq (as these don’t work anyway) or anything else...  it’s a rocket launcher issue. 

You need to make sure you have suspend frontend in rocket launcher set to FALSE.   

But, this then introduces more problems such as the front end sounds playing in the background after you have launched a game. Look at my other threads on this as I found a solution to stop this....

So,  turn “suspend frontend” to FALSE then follow this link to do the following fix....

2 hours ago, Martin0037 said:

This is exactly the problem I had!

Its nothing to do with firewalls, antivirus, trackball settings in hyper hq (as these don’t work anyway) or anything else...  it’s a rocket launcher issue. 

You need to make sure you have suspend frontend in rocket launcher set to FALSE.   

But, this then introduces more problems such as the front end sounds playing in the background after you have launched a game. Look at my other threads on this as I found a solution to stop this....

So,  turn “suspend frontend” to FALSE then follow this link to do the following fix....

hmmm , can't download the ahk scripts?

" The page you requested does not exist "

2 hours ago, Martin0037 said:

On 5/31/2019 at 9:30 PM, Martin0037 said:

Change it to TRUE and see what happens? 

I think messing around with windows 10 and installing games over the past 2 years did hyperspin not good. For example i have a g25 wheel . 2 days ago it didn't work anymore. In game it was still working and so . But the settings in windows itself didn't work anymore. When i go to devices in device manager i saw g25 wheel , i click on it to calibrate and i the calibration page was empty. I really did everything for 2 days to fix. Everytime i installed the g25 drivers it didn't see my wheel anymore. So i got so tired and did a clean install of windows 10 , did first all the updates. Then installed all the controllers. 

As for the not responding keyboard and controller problem. We will see now if it still will be there. I hope not. 

Suspend frontend is now set on true!

Now the hard work is to test all my emu's and roms and all the pc games. 

Really . After clean install windows 10. Still it freeze randomly. I start up hyperspin the first time today and boom no keyboard and controller anymore. I must restart hyperspin and it works again. And maybe i will not have any problems anymore today. Its really random. It can happen when i exit a game , it can happen when start hyperspin the first time. 

Suspend fronted is put back to false as true gave problems. 

Why its random ? Thats what its strange. Could it be because everything is installed on another hdd? 

I am really thinking to try out launchbox. But i like hyperspin. So much work put in there. 

Honestly sounds like you're having a strange hardware problem.. could be true hardware or could be drivers. Whatever front end you use will have the same problem.

For Windows itself to be having issues (calibration page in device manager is blank, etc.) something else is going on. Try removing the wheel entirely... go to just keyboard and see what happens. Need to isolate the issue.

• 10 months later...

Hi All,

I had similar issues with HyperSpin sort of freezing when a lots of up/down/right/left buttons were pushed very hard.... And actually I found two bugs:

-First one related to pushing right/left + random keys while wheel was scrolling... :

I solved this one with an AutohotKey Script that prevent two buttons to be pushed at the same time, and also disabling every other button that might be clicked on my IPac (buttondisable.ahk).

-Second one is more tricky, as it happen only on systems where settings are configured as uses_indexes="true", while not having a proper index in xml db (need for a image + index for every game, and at least one game have them filed...

Let me know it that helps..

• 7 months later...

hi to everyone, i was trying use joytokey, but i use Hyperspin for PC Games, so i didn't understand one thing, that's game will reconize gamepad some buttons like keyboard, when i need use it only for Hyperspin menu, anyway, so i think i find another way, just use on Hyperspin.exe compatible mode Windows 98, and menu stop stucking, only two bad things, first in windows 98 any programm use only one core of cpu, but for menu it is ok, and second joystick buttons a bit sensetive, so you must press them carefully

Archived