Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Getting D-Pad to work on MAME 0.182 RetroArch NVIDIA SHIELD TV

Creezz67

Hi all,

Currently you can only use the analog stick for MAME by default for MAME 0.182 on RetroArch (NVIDIA SHIELD TV) MAME Core.

To get the D pad working on MAME 0.182 core on RetroArch, just do the following:

Just go to input, then bindings and replace the current analog up,down,left and right settings for player 1 and change to D pad up,down,left and right then just exit RetroArch as usual (ensure save on exit is enabled).

Leave D Pad settings as they are currently.

Now both analog and D pad work for MAME, tried playing puckman and Raiden and a few others and all work fine.

Hope this helps

This is a great tip.   I've been using the 2014 mame core because I can't figure out how to bind the right-analog stick properly.   When I use the OSD menu, the right analog stick only fires in analog directions (robotron).    I've filed a bug on the retroarch->mame github.

Yep you can, but depending on changes in MAME you will get games that don't work.

theres a fairly big difference between 2017 0.182 and 2014 0.156 (I think) MAME and mess combined into just MAME around 0.162 so you have bigger compatibility issues there

2016 is 0.174 is not going to be a bad

Archived