Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

How do you upgrade to a newer version of MAME?

sreisig1

How do you upgrade to a newer version of MAME? I currently have 0.149 and I want to update to .153.

I have a 64 bit computer now and when I open mame and go to all games it freezes. Also when I open hyperspin, select mame, and then go to area 51 and open the game, it stays on the loading game screen and nothing happens? WChat do I need to do?

I just overwrite the exe with the new one. I also use the mameuifx x64 version found in jumpstiles ftp folder.

That version also has its own ui so you can test and audit games.

With regard to Area 51, I think its a CHD, do you have all those Roms as some people forget they are separate. Or it could be Hyperlaunch is still running in the systray.

No, I wasn't but I just did. How do I use it to audit the roms and then fix them. I just checked and I have the area51 zip file in the roms folder, and a folder called area51 with the chd files. Doesn't work when ZI run it through MAME though. I'm at work now but Ill try the mameuifx x64 later. But when I do, how do I go about updating all my stuff and getting it to work again

Thanks Boss :) got it downloaded. Now what? hah

Which one did you download, the one I marked?

What to do next?? well That's up to you, whether you want to start afresh or overwrite. I would start anew and keep your old in case you need some files copied across.

So you can create a new Mame folder put what you have downloaded into it (extracted of course) then run the exe.

If you haven't moved your Roms you will need to point to them. Click options>Directories and point to your Rom path. Once you click OK, then your Roms will be audited.

You can if run a game and start the Hyperspin set up. If your new to that process, watch my video guide or read some of the tutorials. Find them in my Signature.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?29481-How-to-install-HyperSpin

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/entry.php?122-My-Guides

post-9524-14287062714_thumb.jpg

If you want hi scores to work, there is a "dats" folder included with that zip you downloaded. You will need to put your hiscore.dat and history.dat in that folder.

Archived