Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

I cannot launch games through HyperSpin!

avidsonicfan1991

My HyperSpin was working before, but now it's not launching any games!!! The games still launch perfectly through RocketLauncher, but once I try to launch them through HyperSpin, whenever I press the start or "A" button, or even the Enter key on the same game, nothing happens!!! And I did try every game I have in my library! I tried reinstalling the newest version of RocketLauncher, same issue and nothing changed. Does anybody have any suggestions on this?!

13 hours ago, avidsonicfan1991 said:

My HyperSpin was working before, but now it's not launching any games!!! The games still launch perfectly through RocketLauncher, but once I try to launch them through HyperSpin, whenever I press the start or "A" button, or even the Enter key on the same game, nothing happens!!! And I did try every game I have in my library! I tried reinstalling the newest version of RocketLauncher, same issue and nothing changed. Does anybody have any suggestions on this?!

It was working and now its not? Have you checked your antivirus to see if it has quarantined any files? 

And you said they work through RocketLauncher, but not through HyperSpin... so why did you try reinstalling RocketLauncher if that isn't what was giving you the problem? Did you re-follow the install guide when you did it? Have you already checked to make sure that RL and HS are linked properly? You've checked to make sure it isn't something simple like not having your A button setup to start games in HyperHQ? etc...

11 hours ago, gladlad037 said:

im having the same issue. It almost seems as though something caused the settings xml to disappearr as i can not locate anything to fix outside of Hyperluanch.

You're using HyperLaunch? Are you saying you're having trouble with HyperLaunch or with HyperSpin exactly?

11 hours ago, Metalzoic said:

It was working and now its not? Have you checked your antivirus to see if it has quarantined any files? 

And you said they work through RocketLauncher, but not through HyperSpin... so why did you try reinstalling RocketLauncher if that isn't what was giving you the problem? Did you re-follow the install guide when you did it? Have you already checked to make sure that RL and HS are linked properly? You've checked to make sure it isn't something simple like not having your A button setup to start games in HyperHQ? etc...

Yes. I have checked everything.

After doing WAY too much fiddling around and getting things back to normal by setting the HyperLaunch path in HyperHQ to the RocketLauncher executable, now whenever I launch a game, I am getting "Missing rom extension in ini"!!! I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!! CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO FIX EVERYTHING?!?!?!

7 hours ago, avidsonicfan1991 said:

now whenever I launch a game, I am getting "Missing rom extension in ini"!!!

And did you check in RocketLauncher to make sure your extensions are correct? Should be under the global emulator section if I remember right.

4 hours ago, Metalzoic said:

And did you check in RocketLauncher to make sure your extensions are correct? Should be under the global emulator section if I remember right.

Yes, I checked that too!

On another, somewhat unrelated note, last night, I was so angry and refusing to calm down and take breaks until the problem was solved that I stayed up until 1 AM where I finally had to give up, but it was so much of forcing myself, I couldn't let go of my anger. Then, I was told by my mother that I cannot have EVERYTHING that I want, and the only reason we have what we have was because of challenges and frustration, and sometimes, the only two things we can do are to accept it, or make a new alternative myself. I cannot stand either one! I always refuse to accept, and I have virtually ZERO programming talent (in this case)!

I changed a lot since, but now I have gotten all the way back to the very first problem!!! This is what my HyperHQ setup looks like:

Untitled2.png.c754e54d1ccb2299bd42240856525e3c.png

But whenever I click on ANY title, nothing happens! Here is the log (I did click on the game twice):

01:52:56 PM |  HyperSpin Started
01:52:56 PM |  Going FullScreen
01:52:56 PM |  Checking for updates
01:52:56 PM |  Update Check Complete
01:52:56 PM |  Startup program unavailable
01:52:56 PM |  Menu Mode is multi
01:52:56 PM |  Loading Main Menu.xml
01:52:56 PM |  Main Menu.xml successfully loaded
01:52:57 PM |  Main Menu wheel loaded successfully
01:52:57 PM |  Loading Atari 2600.xml
01:52:57 PM |  Main Menu.xml successfully loaded
01:52:58 PM |  Atari 2600 wheel loaded successfully
01:53:01 PM |  Atari 2600 wheel loaded successfully
01:53:09 PM |  Launching Game
01:53:09 PM |  Using HyperLaunch
01:53:09 PM |  Getting Launcher path
01:53:09 PM |  Can't find HyperLaunch, defaulting to root HyperLaunch.exe
01:53:09 PM |  Launcher located at E:\Shared\HyperSpin\HyperSpin\HyperLaunch.exe
01:53:09 PM |  Running Launcher
01:53:09 PM |  Launcher Command Line is: E:\Shared\HyperSpin\HyperSpin\HyperLaunch.exe "Atari 2600" "Asteroids (USA)"
01:53:13 PM |  Launching Game
01:53:13 PM |  Using HyperLaunch
01:53:13 PM |  Getting Launcher path
01:53:13 PM |  Can't find HyperLaunch, defaulting to root HyperLaunch.exe
01:53:13 PM |  Launcher located at E:\Shared\HyperSpin\HyperSpin\HyperLaunch.exe
01:53:13 PM |  Running Launcher
01:53:13 PM |  Launcher Command Line is: E:\Shared\HyperSpin\HyperSpin\HyperLaunch.exe "Atari 2600" "Asteroids (USA)"
01:53:18 PM |  Loading Main Menu.xml
01:53:18 PM |  Main Menu.xml successfully loaded
01:53:18 PM |  Main Menu wheel loaded successfully
01:53:19 PM |  Exit program unavailable
01:53:19 PM |  Quiting Hyperspin
01:53:19 PM |  Bye!

If you're suggesting a less painful alternative to HyperSpin, all I need is a frontend with an EXIT HOTKEY. Every time I want to exit a game, I don't want to get up from my chair, grab my mouse, and navigate to a close button just to exit the emulator! (*cough* EmulationStation) Attract-Mode has that sort of thing, but I don't know how to split romlists that share the same emulator!

2 minutes ago, agent47 said:

As I suspected, you don't have HS and RL connected properly. Your log shows the "Hyperlaunch_Path" in the HyperSpin/Settings/Settings.ini file is wrong so it's falling back to using HyperLaunch so fix that path. If you're using RL you shouldn't have anything set for the executable in HyperHQ and you would only need the rompath and extensions set if you're using the Roms Only filter.

I removed the executable section in HyperHQ, but now..........

02:03:18 PM |  HyperSpin Started
02:03:18 PM |  Going FullScreen
02:03:18 PM |  Checking for updates
02:03:18 PM |  Update Check Complete
02:03:18 PM |  Startup program unavailable
02:03:18 PM |  Menu Mode is multi
02:03:18 PM |  Loading Main Menu.xml
02:03:18 PM |  Main Menu.xml successfully loaded
02:03:19 PM |  Main Menu wheel loaded successfully
02:03:21 PM |  Loading Atari 2600.xml
02:03:21 PM |  Main Menu.xml successfully loaded
02:03:21 PM |  Atari 2600 wheel loaded successfully
02:03:24 PM |  Atari 2600 wheel loaded successfully
02:03:28 PM |  Launching Game
02:03:28 PM |  Using HyperLaunch
02:03:28 PM |  Getting Launcher path
02:03:28 PM |  Can't find HyperLaunch, defaulting to root HyperLaunch.exe
02:03:28 PM |  Launcher located at E:\Shared\HyperSpin\HyperSpin\HyperLaunch.exe
02:03:28 PM |  Running Launcher
02:03:28 PM |  Launcher Command Line is: E:\Shared\HyperSpin\HyperSpin\HyperLaunch.exe "Atari 2600" "Asteroids (USA)"
02:03:32 PM |  Loading Main Menu.xml
02:03:32 PM |  Main Menu.xml successfully loaded
02:03:32 PM |  Main Menu wheel loaded successfully
02:03:33 PM |  Exit program unavailable
02:03:33 PM |  Quiting Hyperspin
02:03:33 PM |  Bye!

I just did just that, but.........................................

02:17:37 PM |  HyperSpin Started
02:17:37 PM |  Going FullScreen
02:17:37 PM |  Checking for updates
02:17:37 PM |  Update Check Complete
02:17:37 PM |  Startup program unavailable
02:17:38 PM |  Menu Mode is multi
02:17:38 PM |  Loading Main Menu.xml
02:17:38 PM |  Main Menu.xml successfully loaded
02:17:38 PM |  Main Menu wheel loaded successfully
02:17:40 PM |  Loading Atari 2600.xml
02:17:40 PM |  Main Menu.xml successfully loaded
02:17:40 PM |  Atari 2600 wheel loaded successfully
02:17:41 PM |  Atari 2600 wheel loaded successfully
02:17:42 PM |  Atari 2600 wheel loaded successfully
02:17:42 PM |  Atari 2600 wheel loaded successfully
02:17:50 PM |  Launching Game
02:17:50 PM |  Using HyperLaunch
02:17:50 PM |  Getting Launcher path
02:17:50 PM |  Can't find HyperLaunch, defaulting to root HyperLaunch.exe
02:17:50 PM |  Launcher located at E:\Shared\HyperSpin\HyperSpin\HyperLaunch.exe
02:17:50 PM |  Running Launcher
02:17:50 PM |  Launcher Command Line is: E:\Shared\HyperSpin\HyperSpin\HyperLaunch.exe "Atari 2600" "Asteroids (USA)"
02:17:53 PM |  Loading Main Menu.xml
02:17:53 PM |  Main Menu.xml successfully loaded
02:17:54 PM |  Main Menu wheel loaded successfully
02:17:54 PM |  Exit program unavailable
02:17:54 PM |  Quiting Hyperspin
02:17:54 PM |  Bye!

On a side note, I don't want to use LaunchBox because I have to PAY to use its BigBox mode!

I don't know how or why I removed the executable from the path in the first place, but somehow after re-adding the executable, it worked! I haven't tested everything (just this one game), but I'll get back to you if I found another similar problem I cannot solve with another game I have.

UPDATE: Apparently not! It worked for all systems!

• 4 weeks later...

Have you guys gotten drunk and pee'd on your setup recently? Any demonic possessions in the family or history of serial killing?

Could be any of those so it's hard to say. The only other thing that can cause it is a cheating spouse or child secretly hooked on meth.

Good luck!

Would you guys know an easy way to just start my HS set up from scratch? bothers me that my settings.ini file looks all weird. Just rather have a clean sheet but don't want to loose all my other HS files on my actual setup. I have led blinky configured, joytokey, hypermarquee and would hate to loose all that.

• 8 months later...

Same thing with me. Can launch games from RocketLauncherUI all day, the moment I try to launch games through Hyperspin, no go. It does absolutely nothing, not even an error message. Did RocketLauncher update and screw with the settings.ini ?

On 8/5/2017 at 1:27 PM, agent47 said:

You're just pointing to the folder, not the exe. It should be E:\Shared\HyperSpin\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe

That was it. It solved the problem. If your doing a fresh install, your screwed unless you know to manually re-route the Hyperlaunch folder location. I don't recall this being an issue with previous versions.

9 hours ago, boomerps2 said:

That was it. It solved the problem. If your doing a fresh install, your screwed unless you know to manually re-route the Hyperlaunch folder location. I don't recall this being an issue with previous versions.

This is in the RocketLauncher upgrade from HL instructions.

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Actually Windows 10 updates screw with a lot of stuff.  I have to reconfigure my stand alone emulators sometimes after a major Win 10 update.  Be sure it's not that messing with ya.  In fact if you have stand alone emulators you should always recheck things are where they should be.  Microsoft since Windows Vista has slowly tried to make their OS be like a phone and NOT only that but they under Steve Ballmar (Did I spell that right?) fired their PC people and replaced them with Nokia after a major buyout. Nokia is a failed phone company that made crap phones.

We had a friend in our old church that worked on XP doing a lot of major coding and MS did a lot of bad things to their workers until they started quitting and then after he left a majority were fired as they were working on 8 but after Vista more and more were 'retiring' early.  8 was originally going to be an updated Win 7 and leave things largely alone but they decided to do the phone thing instead and the remaining software vendors closed up shop so now it's mostly apps.  For several years Windows 10 (at least the home version) was really broken and just now is usuable.

• 8 months later...

Archived