Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperspin odroid xu4

Jawbraeka

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, thatman84 said:

Yeah the dev adjusts the retroarch cores and other emus to work seamlessly with it.

There are menus to change the screen size and add shaders to some. Its the easiest android frontend to use imo. Just limited to the supported systems 

That is pretty awesome... I'm probably oversimplifying what's involved in making this work, but why don't other front ends do this as well? You could still enable support for third party emulators, but bake as many as possible right into the fe itself.

Being able to control emulator functions (e.g., save states, controller setup) from directly within the fe is really cool.

2 hours ago, Tribe Fan said:

That is pretty awesome... I'm probably oversimplifying what's involved in making this work, but why don't other front ends do this as well? You could still enable support for third party emulators, but bake as many as possible right into the fe itself.

Being able to control emulator functions (e.g., save states, controller setup) from directly within the fe is really cool.

Time and money I guess! Also I think its fairly hard to navigate all the licenses and egos when using baked in emulators.

Everyone does things different.

There is no frontend on android that looks anything like Hyperspin and Hyperspin looks awesome

2 hours ago, thatman84 said:

Time and money I guess! Also I think its fairly hard to navigate all the licenses and egos when using baked in emulators.

Everyone does things different.

There is no frontend on android that looks anything like Hyperspin and Hyperspin looks awesome

That's it right there. Hyperspin is worth the effort because it's so dang awesome looking. I love the ease of use of launchbox and retrox, but they just don't stack up to hyperspin when it comes to aesthetics imo.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2017 at 4:14 AM, XC-3730C said:

Does a Madcatz MOJO even work with Hyperspin?

I think someone managed to get it working.. YouTube has a lot of awesome stuff also.

There are also mentions of the mojo in the forums. Apparently it does have the correct nvidia support. 

On a side note. 

Would this board work as a simple hyperspin board?

https://developer.qualcomm.com/hardware/dragonboard-410c

Says it supports windows 10 iot.. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

Just trying to get a little bit more creative in terms of small, cheap boards that don't require a shield, just because it may be something.  

As far as I'm aware, to load hyperspin, it needs (and please feel free to correct me, because i am a human) the following. 

Nvidia flash (or native flash support)

Direct x

X86 base.. 

If you want to write a novel on the correct answer, please also feel free to go ahead.. 

The more information the better... And Granny it down for clarification if necessary. 

Archived