Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hono's Shield TV setup

Honosuseri

About time I got around to doing this! I've seen some great videos from other members showcasing their setups on here, figured I should join the club ;)

Hopefully we help inspire others to do their own and it shows just what is possible, if you're willing to put in a little effort. A massive thank you to all the content creators and the devs who make this all possible...you guys and gals are awesome! :D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, thatman84 said:

Awesome setup dude.

really like your dreamcast and Saturn wheels main menu themes also the PSP and spectrum system theme backgrounds are sick.

i didn't go with many game themes but I'm coming round to the idea.

Thanks for putting this up ?

Thank you! It still needs a little polish. I noticed the preview video is a little off kilter on the Gameboy Advance. Nothing major though that can't be fixed. I'm pretty happy with it, you know how it is though I'll end up adding a bit more eventually ;)

The game themes were a nightmare!! I had to scroll through them all and check the themes didn't crash Hyperspin. Some did, which then had ".bak" tagged on the end of the filename to "cancel them out"...if an update down the line fixes the issues with swf files...then I can rename them again. Arcade Classics has well over 1000 games in there, never mind the other wheels, it took some time to do.

I didn't do the Amiga wheel yet. I don't use .adf files,  I use Whdload files to save the disk swapping nonsense (which I still remember from owning an A500 back in the day). I use UAE4ARM and I'm waiting to see how things pan out with launching it through Hyperspin. Currently I just load into the Workbench I installed and load the games from in there. Sega 32X is "Out of order" currently but that's down to the Retroarch Picodrive core, we're still waiting on them to fix it.

Thanks again and for all the helpful things you do for us on here :)

Yeah theres always plenty to tinker with lol.

I spent ages getting rid of the green box in the Game boy system theme BG. Also getting all my game text lined up below the videos. Easier with my smaller shield special art.

I noticed the character in your amiga theme is cut off. Think i run that theme just took the character out.

Iys crazy hoe how little tweaks take so long when you have 30+ systems!!

Keep it up man

I noticed the character in your amiga theme is cut off. Think i run that theme just took the character out.

Yes, Zool the Ninja does appear to have chopped his toes off! lol It's literally just a place holder at the moment, the wheel is just for show. I do have a soft spot for the Amiga. I might well make a "Psygnosis Owl" theme myself as I've not really seen any themes I do really like. Gives me something to do whilst the best way to launch WHD games is figured out.

Tell you what...as you've modified the GameBoy theme. I'll trade you for the Dreamcast and Saturn themes I'm using ;)

41 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

Lol no worries. I will try and add them up when I get to a PC in a few hours.

I think alot of tge whdload stuff is sorted. I just nerver continued testing. Was a little above my head

Yeah no rush buddy.

Is it now? I might have to do a little homework then. Talking with my friends they would actually prefer it to load straight into Workbench, to be more authentic. Seeing as the WHDload games provide pretty nice picture icons to load the games "installed" to the HDD, it wasn't an issue for them if I didn't do lots of game wheels. I might have to message the dev of UAE4ARM and see if it's possible to load a specific config file (i.e A500, A1200 etc) with launch intent from Hyperspin.

Have a look up on Ultimate Amiga and horicethespider github

When I have some free time spare I'll read up on it, thanks for the heads up. I've not visited Ultimate Amiga for a month or so. I did see some forum members discussing the Amiga here, figured I'd just wait it out and keep busy with other stuff. It's not a priority as I do have UAE4ARM and DOSBOX as custom shortcuts from the Kodi/SPMC homescreen.

Maybe I'm just old skool but I quite enjoy having to type the commands in DOS and using Workbench...as I said it's more "authentic" to what my friends and I remember from the "golden years". I haven't seen anyone have much luck with the standalone app of SCUMMVM either, that too I launch from SPMC/Kodi directly.

Thanks again buddy, have a great weekend!

14 hours ago, thatman84 said:

I dont have any nostalgia to Amiga but it looks a cool system to setup. I have taken a big break from it though!! 

It was a bit of a pig to do as the kickstart roms were encrypted and need a rom.key, I won't go into too much detail. It's worth having as there are some gems on there...Moonstone:Hard days knight is A LOT of fun and the Amiga version has better audio than the PC version.

As agreed in exchange. I won't need the Amiga but thank you

Sega Dreamcast.zip

Sega Saturn.zip

*EDIT* P.S Because I am a nice guy...here are the "sick" backgrounds you liked as well

ZX_Default.zip 

PSP_Default.zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Updated video for how my Shield TV stands so far. A total of 51 wheels, as I only concentrate on games people would actively want to play. I do really enjoy seeing all the different ways we can showcase the systems and games. There's plenty here for me to play through over the holidays, I hope you all have just as much fun.

That is pretty awesome Hono, you have some really great themes and background art.

Love the cart insert default themes for the snes, mega drive etc, think i will upgrade my setup for that next time im adding things.

The CPS systems wheels are nicer than what I have, if you remember where they come from hola.

That capcom classics MM intro vid is great.

If you want a little feedback i think theres a couple of box sets that could do with widescreen conversion. Reduced width only to 75% with fotosizer or something

C64 Tapes

Atari 7800 boxs

Lynx boxes

Dreamcast CD's could maybe do with overall reduction a tad

I'm pretty sure the CPS themes are from the HFS15KBOX starter pack (for PC), Rezznate put me onto it with a thread on here yonks ago. I kept the HFS main menu pointer as a show of respect, as their work is what I built upon for this Shield TV setup.

Thank you for the feedback, all very valid points. I still need to also adjust the GameBoy Advance video snap location. I added C64 for my friends more than myself, same for the Atari systems...I'm not really a fan to be honest and never play the games personally. Yes some things could be resized, I did have to do that for the cartridges to fit in the consoles...when I find the time I'll tweak some more.

Thanks again for the kind words and all you do to help people on here. Same for all the content creators and devs who make all of this possible. I now have some very envious friends :) 

Yeah resizing is one of those ahhh things.

I spent many hours at the start resizing theme art and boxes. I think I have that HFSbox pack. Wil have another look.

My setup needs a fair bit more tweaking then I will at last move onto emulator tweaking and testing all those games!

5 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

Yeah resizing is one of those ahhh things.

I spent many hours at the start resizing theme art and boxes. I think I have that HFSbox pack. Wil have another look.

My setup needs a fair bit more tweaking then I will at last move onto emulator tweaking and testing all those games!

If people think it would be helpful, after the holidays... I'll do another video and say what emulator/core I am using for each wheel and load up some games.

Honestly I think the Dreamcast disks look fine as are but yes some more tweaking is needed...we all know it never stops ;) 

14 minutes ago, EvolvedSt8 said:

Man this looks amazing.  This is exactly how i want to do mine.  Do you have a guide or anything to share?  I'm having SO MANY PROBLEMS trying to do HS on my SATV

Thank you! There are guys who have a "Better" setup with more wheels BUT I don't fill my storage up with stuff I know people won't play (Nintendo game and watch for example). I haven't done guides but I do try to help in threads on here if I can assist. Thatman84 has done guides here, his youtube channel and website might be of interest to you too.

Take it in baby steps a system at a time. Ask questions, search the forum, there are plenty of genuine guys here willing to help you along. I wish you all the best with it and thanks again for the compliment.

3 hours ago, thatman84 said:

@EvolvedSt8 100% do 1 system at a time.

Cant stress that enough. Also decide on the look of your setup. I spent far to long changing my mind lol

Well I just wiped and re-rooted my Shield TV.  I will start over on it and see how far i can get.  It wasnt working at all.  Have a link to any of your guides?  I will follow step by step.  Also.  Can we put the roms on an external HD for Shield?

Cool, I never did root my shield although I should have to use ms DS3 pads.

roms on external are fine mostly. Some odd emulators/systems need stuff on internal storage.

guides wise search in android forum for (Tutorial) and you should hit mine. Check the overview and settings files tuts first. If not try my site at http://emulationguide.com/my-guides

theres other guides about which are really good also

the android base pack I done is helpful and has notes on emulators although a little outdated now

Archived