Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hono's Shield TV setup

Honosuseri

21 hours ago, EvolvedSt8 said:

Man this looks amazing.  This is exactly how i want to do mine.  Do you have a guide or anything to share?  I'm having SO MANY PROBLEMS trying to do HS on my SATV

Hi EvolvedSt8, if you want, i've made a guide who explain how you can make an hyperspin configuration on your SATV.

It's in french (cause i'm french) but i think you can easely understand it with google translate.

If you are interested i can send it to you

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we need a Moderator to lock this thread, it's getting incredibly off topic! It's supposed to be about how awesome my setup looks, not who has done the best guide ;)

The trouble EvolvedSt8, is that we all do things a little differently to a degree. I like to use the RetroArch emulator when possible, while others like to use dedicated emulators for each system. It's not really a question of right and wrong, I just like that I can easily quit RA with a button combo I defined (in my case clicking the Right thumbstick). Sometimes I do have to use a dedicated emulator for a system (Gamecube and Wii use Dolphin for example) but I do suggest you get to know RA well. It looks confusing but it's not really as daunting as it looks.

If you'd like some friendly advice, I'd suggest...

Start with something "easy" like the NES or SNES that RA can do. Make sure you've copied across the Roms, Media and Databases folders to the Shield, you'll also need to make or edit .ini files that live in the "Settings_android" folder. Once you have one system working correctly, making adjustments to the .ini file will be quite easy for the next system. You'll need to adjust the Rompath to point to where the games are and change the parameter line for loading the required RA core. If you don't know what to enter on this line, make a note of the core name as it's being downloaded from the online updater in RA (it's displayed at the bottom of the screen with it's progress). Save the file exactly as it is named for the Media and Databases folders...naming is VERY important...

The database .xml files are important to look over as these have the list of games for the system. All your games and media must exactly match the names used inside the .xml file. There can be issues with some systems with games that have an apostrophe or & in the title. If your games or media don't match the .xml they aren't going to show in Hyperspin.

I'm sure the guides suggested will help you no end. I wish you all the best with it, I look forward to seeing your setup in time when you're happy with it :)

19 minutes ago, Honosuseri said:

I think we need a Moderator to lock this thread, it's getting incredibly off topic! It's supposed to be about how awesome my setup looks, not who has done the best guide ;)

Ha, all hail Hono's setup.

ITS ONE HELL OF AN AMAZING SETUP PEOPLE. :)

Ps, guides are still better lol

11 hours ago, Pouteur said:

My guide is just a guide who show how hyperspin works, the database, the medias folder, emulators folder etc etc....

The emultors choice is a personal choice ;-)

I was just joking around my friend, I didn't mean to offend you. Maybe it gets lost in translation, I see Thatman picked up on it. I have a strange sense of humour sometimes.

It's all personal choice really. It was nice to hear Thatman may well adjust his setup to look a bit more like mine. From having the cartridges load into the system slots through to some wheel art being clearer. We don't know what we like sometimes until we do see it. I have added in a few more wheels now (Banpresto, Wonderswan Color & PSP Minis)...our setups are always really a work in progress.

I'm genuinely flattered people like how my setup looks in its current state. If this thread and my videos have inspired newcomers to start doing their own. That's great, as it's all I really wanted from the start :)

On 12/20/2017 at 5:38 PM, EvolvedSt8 said:

Man this looks amazing.  This is exactly how i want to do mine.  Do you have a guide or anything to share?  I'm having SO MANY PROBLEMS trying to do HS on my SATV

My humble attempt at a mini guide, since you asked so nicely. Along with the written guides on here and other guides members have done...hopefully this gets you up and going...

11 hours ago, thatman84 said:

cant seem to find HFS15KBOX anymore :(

although I have adjusted my cps themes now so my wheels look ok

My mistake it was HFSBOX 15K (as seen in the .ini file, when I did that mini guide video above)!  I got it a looong time ago, so I apologise for forgetting it's correct name. I don't think forum rules let me link to it, not that it would help as it now appears to be "hidden" online. You need to sign up to their (French) forum to get access it would appear.

It's a starter pack with a handful of systems for PC and is French (Pouteur might be interested in it). If you see a theme I am using that's different to what people are normally using, good chance it came from that pack (e.g Sega Genesis Main menu & the cartridges dropping into the console slot). I no longer have the original download files as the themes were incorporated into my setup and backed up once I translated them.

Again sorry for the confusion

20 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

This is the one I remember. Forgot it was an android patch Rez done

Yip, I remember that. It was Rezz who put me onto the HFSBOX pack, that link doesn't include all the assets though. It's just some files to help you get it working on the Shield TV, as the pack is meant for PC originally. (I know, you know that...just to clarify for other people reading the post)

Inspired by the OpenBOR video Pouteur uploaded to Youtube earlier today, I thought I'd let you guys have a peek at the systems I am keeping hidden. More often than not they do work, I just currently lack media for them so they aren't in a fit state to showcase. Although sometimes there can be niggling issues with the emulator (e.g OpenBOR) that hold me back from including them.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26/02/2018 at 8:34 PM, Techhead33 said:

Hey Honosuseri,

I would love to view the videos you have posted to youtube but all are saying video unavailable ???? 

Sorry for the confusion. As Thatman explained, I have closed down the channel and I won't be restarting it...I have more pressing issues at home to contend with for the foreseeable future. The videos are gone completely, I didn't keep backups of them.

I was about to rename the thread to stop any further confusion HOWEVER having read Thatman's comment...I can record a new video and post it here as .mp4 if people are interested. I'm content with how it is currently, the only change that was on the cards, was switching to a new emulator (Amiberry) for the Amiga & CD32. Looks like that won't be released for quite sometime though. Thatman has a thread dedicated to it, I have faith he'll do a good job fleshing it out in time.

Thanks for the interest and to everyone who had viewed and liked the content I had put on Youtube.

Can't see attaching MP4 as an option really. I'll provide another link to Youtube as there is some interest.

Keep in mind comments are disabled, I won't be  answering questions how to set up the systems or uploading much at all to that channel. Hopefully it inspires you by seeing what can be done with a little time and effort.

Thanks again for your interest, I wish you all the best with your own Hyperspin collections :)

On 10/03/2018 at 8:09 AM, thatman84 said:

Nice one Hono. 

Before you disappear again I have one little request. Can you drop the full phat Amiga logo in here please? Can't find it anywhere. 

No worries, I'd forgotten just how many videos I'd linked here. That preview video is actually quite "old", I've added the N64DD since then and maybe a couple of other wheels. Gives peeps an idea though of what's possibubble. I still think using those game themes (when possible) makes a MASSIVE difference to the look and feel of a Hyperspin setup...mad respect to the guys who made them all.

As you know from our past PM's, I've got a lot going on. I'm actually away from the STV now, so I don't have access to the files for the Amiga logo. I didn't "find it"...I fixed it myself. Used a photo editor to remove the "puny A" and duplicated the "phat A" to replace it...then saved the image. Won't take you long to do it yourself dude.

• 5 weeks later...

With the Amiga being in hiatus on Android at the moment. I've had a little free time to tinker with other wheels. I've thrown together a Doom Classics: "Doom Slayer" wheel which uses the RA Prboom core & a Quake "Quad damage collection", using the Tyrquake core. You'll find video previews of these linked in the relevant threads, here in the Android section of the forum.

It also dawned on me that I hadn't included the Android games in Hyperspin...so that's the next objective. Some of my main menu themes also need converting to 16x9 but that can wait for another day.

Honestly I don't have too many Android games installed and luckily, most will have nice themes already made for other system wheels. I do need to knock up wheel art though to keep everything matching and some games like Subdivision Infinity, Shadow Gun legends etc. will need themes made up.

Hyperspin_20180410_043519.png

Hyperspin_20180410_044136.png

Hyperspin_20180410_045227.png

Hyperspin_20180410_045533.png

com.crescentmoongames.subdivision.png

pl.idreams.skyforcehdtv.png

Cool stuff Hono. I thing Sting done an android games wheel that looks like a similar theme.

I have Doom3, Tomb Raider and a racing game but thats it. I will probably keep an eye on yoirs to give me the motivation to at those into mine. Although they are on the Homescreen of my shield so never bothered. Also dont play them much lol

Quake is on its way up soon. I included yoirs wheels and themes to give people some choices.

Well I do use the Game Stream feature on the STV with my PC, so the homescreen can get a little cluttered and confusing with the game tiles. One of my friends asked why I didn't include the Android games in HS.  I told him exactly what you said BUT I figured it wouldn't hurt to add them in gradually.

Honestly I think most of the Android games are pretty poor BUT the Lightspeed Studio ports look pretty good graphically. There's now Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 available too which I may purchase.

I did put "my Quake assets" in that thread BUT if you're thinking of doing a dedicated thread for setting up Quake with Retroarch. I'm more than happy for you to bundle the assets in there. I did make up the wheel art and video snaps, the themes aren't really mine per say..I just tweaked some I liked the look of slightly, just as you tweaked "my main menu theme" for your collection.

It's one of the things I adore about Hyperspin. How individuals can make subtle changes to make it their very own :)

Archived