Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

How to Make Zipped Sega CDs work on Hyperspin

cnells2000

Hello All. Im Trying to make my Sega Sd work with hyperspin. the audit list is correct and and when i start fusion the sega cd loads up correctly, but its not booting any games. i suspect that its because all of them are zipped. can anyone help me with this?

You will need to provide more info to get any help, what emulator are you using? What game? Do the zipped games work with the emulator outside of hyperspin? Assuming you are using rocketlauncher, do you have the settings for zipped roms turned on? When you open the .cue file inside the .zip is it pointing to the .bin file? spelling is correct? Are there any errors that get displayed when launching the game?...... There are hundreds of reasons if not thousands why your game won't launch, but without a better description of the problem it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack

Sorry about that. here are a few pics and its every game on sega cd. and yes im using rocketlauncher. the sega cd games are correct when i load them unzipped. the bins and cues are fine. its because the roms are zipped. but im trying to save space. no errors are coming up.

sega cd 2.jpg

sega Cd 3.jpg

sega Cd 4.jpg

sega cd.jpg

sega Cd 5.jpg

Ok, first thing first, fusion emulator, do you have the 3 correct sega CD bios files (1 for each of North America, Europe and Japan)? and in the fusion settings you have set up the paths for those bios files?

I don't know if all 3 are required but I have all 3 and it works for me

Next, in your rocketlauncher screenshot all your 7z options are set to "use global" so either click "global" on the left hand side system list and confirm that .7z is all set to true, that you have an extract path location and all settings there are correct and test again.

Also a final note, some sega CD games require the "PerfectSync" option turned on. You would have to test each game individually to see if it needs to be on or off. For that setting, select sega CD, modules tab, highlight fusion and click edit module settings and then go over to the Rom tab, click the green +, select the game in question and set perfectsync to true and test. As an example Cadillacs and Dinosaurs is a game that requires perfectsync to be set to true.

Hope this helps

How are the rom files named inside your zip file?

You can try setting skip checks to rom extension to test it, tho mine is set to false and it works for me. Also, my files are not compressed in bin cue format, named the same as the xml database.

Also try unzipping a single game, turn off 7z to test and see if it works that way

And in HyperHQ there is no need to add the executable path because rocketlauncher is taking care of that part for you, use rom path in HyperHQ so you can filter your roms

Where Do I Go to skip rom checks? that is all new to me.

and i deleted the executable path in hyperhq.

I set 7z to false, unzipped a rom, loaded it through RL, and the no cd screen popped up again.

also on a side note everytime HS or RL loads Fusion it Instantly minimizes it to the bottom of the screen. then i have the roll my mouse down and click it several times before it goes full screen. i just did'nt want to talk about it yet because we were dealing with this issue.

sega cd 3.jpg

you only need to add rom paths and extensions  in HyperHQ  IF!!!!!!  you are using rom filters in HyperHQ

adding an emulator path in HyperHQ has absolutely no use.

I have a question for you,

WHY are you still using the Fusion emulator?

Fusion is a great emulator  for desktop PC users.  but it has fallen behind the times.

from what I understand that emulator was last updated on 2011!!!!!

You should download an emulator that supports CHD files and replace your Bin/Cue files with CHD versions.

CHD files are similar in size to your 7z compressed Bin/CUE files

unlike 7z files the emulator will load CHD files directly so their is NO!!!!! need for you to enable 7z in rocketlauncher (aka FASTER LOAD TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

and you should post your error logs for help

you only need to add rom paths and extensions  in HyperHQ  IF!!!!!!  you are using rom filters in HyperHQ
adding an emulator path in HyperHQ has absolutely no use.
I have a question for you,
WHY are you still using the Fusion emulator?
Fusion is a great emulator  for desktop PC users.  but it has fallen behind the times.
from what I understand that emulator was last updated on 2011!!!!!

You should download an emulator that supports CHD files and replace your Bin/Cue files with CHD versions.
CHD files are similar in size to your 7z compressed Bin/CUE files

unlike 7z files the emulator will load CHD files directly so their is NO!!!!! need for you to enable 7z in rocketlauncher (aka FASTER LOAD TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

and you should post your error logs for help

Which emulator do u reccomend i use? Ive tried to understand and setup mednafen but i couldnt figure it out, and retroarch? Sheesh!! Itz so hard to learn...

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Guest hellsing001

Hi, Fusion works fine.

You will need the following file in the bios folder - SegaCD BIOS V2.00 (U) - you'll have to find that yourself.

You then have to go into "set config" - select SEGA CD then add the location for the bios file.

Make sure you have unzipped the game file. You should have 2 files. eg.

Sonic CD.bin

Sonic CD.cue

Open the cue file in notepad and make sure the filename at the top matches. If not edit it.

Open HyperHQ and in the file extensions part simply add cue.

hellsing

You don't need to touch the HyperHQ settings if you are launching games from Rocket Launcher.

Some time ago i had problems with loading Sega CD roms too, and i had the same "cd player" window like you. I don't remember exactly how i fix it.

Tonight i will take a closer look about my config and share it with you.

Archived