Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

(Tutorial) Launching Quake in RetroArch from HyperSpin

nrapley

Oh I nearly forgot!

I did try the Retroarch core for the Doom games. It works BUT it doesn't play the music, even though I tried adding mp3 files manually as suggested. Kinda ruins the game for me, so I'll stick to doing it through a DOS emulator. Figured it was worth mentioning even though this is a Quake thread.

Just now, Honosuseri said:

Oh I nearly forgot!

I did try the Retroarch core for the Doom games. It works BUT it doesn't play the music, even though I tried adding mp3 files manually as suggested. Kinda ruins the game for me, so I'll stick to doing it through a DOS emulator. Figured it was worth mentioning even those this is a Quake thread.

lol we posted at the same time haha

Yeah Doom was an obviouse next step... I will chat to the Libretro guys and see whats up with the music

Got the music working in Doom & Doom2 on the Prboom core.

Each Doom game must have it's own folder for mp3 music to work. I was using the prefix "mus_" on all the tracks as that's what is stated in the wiki BUT that's wrong. Having read the Prboom.cfg file it doesn't want the "mus_" prefix. I also removed the ID3 tags, not sure if that helped....Ahhh the joys of emulation.

Need to create the .xml and source some artwork. Shouldn't take long to get this collection ticked off too :)

15 minutes ago, Honosuseri said:

Got the music working in Doom & Doom2 on the Prboom core.

Each Doom game must have it's own folder for mp3 music to work. I was using the prefix "mus_" on all the tracks as that's what is stated in the wiki BUT that's wrong. Having read the Prboom.cfg file it doesn't want the "mus_" prefix. I also removed the ID3 tags, not sure if that helped....Ahhh the joys of emulation.

Need to create the .xml and source some artwork. Shouldn't take long to get this collection ticked off too :)

Cool...someone passed me a Doom setup which is working good. If prboom docs needs changing let me know i will get that sorted.

There is a VERY good doom collection wheel on this site. By Zerojay iirc. Not moved on from Quake yet so have not searched yet. Although theres a post in last few hours related to doom by Aorin. 

On 4/8/2018 at 10:35 PM, thatman84 said:

Cool...someone passed me a Doom setup which is working good. If prboom docs needs changing let me know i will get that sorted.

There is a VERY good doom collection wheel on this site. By Zerojay iirc. Not moved on from Quake yet so have not searched yet. Although theres a post in last few hours related to doom by Aorin. 

Well I've thrown this together. Made some subtle tweaks to the themes I liked, added in a flame transition & knocked up a system wheel quickly. Just call me....The Doom Slayer ;)

Ok so I am basically done with the Quake setup... its to late to pakage it up and post today so will do that tomorrow.

I have a bunch of assets collected so this setup can be customised. Backgrounds, wheels etc....will stick everything in it to aid anyone else.

It's not top draw quality but its good enough for me. Fun and games getting the videos done. Recorded them in 16x9 fullscreen on the shield and converted with vlc player to 640x480...although think i made a mistake there but this arty stuff is not for me lol

Great stuff! You clearly sunk more time into it than me...and it shows! The wheel art looks really good

As far as the videos go..I used Wondershare Filmora to edit what was recorded from the STV. You can set different aspect ratios at the start and easily apply effects and filters. It's probably hard to tell from my video preview BUT I did apply a filter to the Main Menu music video. It adds a "blooming" effect and a brownish hue that's fitting with the palette of the game.

Nice job, I look forward to seeing how your Doom collection pans out :)

3 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

Well this is very interesting!!!!!!

maybe the Quake wheel is not finished yet lol 

list of mods that "work"

http://www.psx-place.com/threads/tyrquake-mods-for-retroarch.9539/

It's the same for DOOM. There are custom .WAD files to mod the game. Having the real games and their expansions shown off well is the priority ..for me anyway.

14 minutes ago, nrapley said:

I'm so glad I asked the initial question! It's amazing how it's snowballed and we now have a full media set and config for Quake on Android! I have it running spot on, thank you so much everyone!!!

No worries. I've fixed my video links, sorry I was in the process of switching Youtube channels.

Glad you're happy with the collections we quickly threw together.

41 minutes ago, nrapley said:

I'm so glad I asked the initial question! It's amazing how it's snowballed and we now have a full media set and config for Quake on Android! I have it running spot on, thank you so much everyone!!!

I'm also glad you asked....was a bit of fun.

Its not finished yet either! See this thread over at Libretro....not tried it yet, hoping to this week.

https://forums.libretro.com/t/tyquake-qauke-mods-how/15631/4?u=thatman84

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2018 at 8:54 AM, thatman84 said:

Turns out the videos I done for Quake snaps have no sound....slapped wrists

One day I will fix that but as 80% of the time I run things late night with no sound after earphones get annoying, it will be a while

LOL! You doughnut, although I've done worse... recorded whole Youtube videos with the mic muted ;)

I can upload my "Quad damage collection" videos to your FTP if you want them. I got back from Latvia this weekend so I can be a bit more useful until I go back

Archived