Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperspin/Rocketlauncher - adding emulators? Adding also some project images (full size own mod)

Hi! 

Im just making the Hyperspin  Rocketlauncher compilation to my Full arcade project. (link: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157256.40.html)

I have few questions:

1. How can i add new emulators for this compilation out from the original Hyperspin (global) list . Now i have Mame, SNES, Nes etc but if i want to for example add Turbo Engine 16 (added allready emulator for it) - how can i get it to global and choose the emu + romdir for it?   

2.Im thinking about usein this for Spotify Jukebox too, though many arcadecontrols forumusers tell me not to. But IF i do, how can i add it to use with Hyperspin?

3.Themes: I just installed the original theme, is it easy to change it?

4. Trackball - im waiting for trackball to arrive. Im going to attach it to PS2 port right? Can i then from HyperHQ adjust it?

5. Windows10 modification. Any experience on this. I have removed the GUI loader but its still showing the Win10 logo on startup. I also want it to log in to HyperSpin automaticly, but still i need to get out from there sometimes - is this possible?

Thanks in advance. Ive done allready a bartop with Retropie but have been using basic Hyperspin on a laptop but now it a bit more complicated when building it to a cab with coin doors etc.

Capture.PNG

1.Add the new system in HyperHQ and make sure it is named correctly. If you are unsure of the naming look in :\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncherUI\Media\Icons for the correct name.

2.Not sure, perhaps use KODI for music?

3.Yes just overwrite the old one with the new.

4.The trackball will not work with HyperSpin, you will need to use the joystick if it's an ipac, if not then you will need a keymapper.

5. It is possible to change the boot of Windows 10 but not as well as with Windows 7 (which I have gone back to) Search for changing the boot logo, you can also change the login screen.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/change-windows-boot-logo-using-hackbgrt

And to boot straight to Hyperspin you can use http://hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/7446-tur-another-idle-volume-adjuster/ you can also use this to delay the Hyperspin start up if you have things loading in the background first like Steam.

Hi! Thx Giga,

1. Is there a instruction how to add them to HyperHQ ?

2. I mean this: https://github.com/javikr/jukebox-spotify-electron

3. Where are the files, under hyperspin\themes ?

4. It has PS2 connector, but i got an adapter to make it USB also. So i choose it as a joystick on HyperHQ? Shouldnt it work like a mouse on windows and then it should support some MAME games? Any "neebie" instruction available to make it correctly :). Im using 2 separate joystick cards allready, (its 2 sets of controllers im using with card included per set)

5. Thx, ill try to google some more. I have done that boot change but it still shows Win10 logo before opening windows, have to try that booting directly from msconfig. Man...i should have gone with Win7 :D 

On 04/06/2018 at 11:42 AM, Proplayer77 said:

Hi! Thx Giga,

1. Is there a instruction how to add them to HyperHQ ?

2. I mean this: https://github.com/javikr/jukebox-spotify-electron

3. Where are the files, under hyperspin\themes ?

4. It has PS2 connector, but i got an adapter to make it USB also. So i choose it as a joystick on HyperHQ? Shouldnt it work like a mouse on windows and then it should support some MAME games? Any "neebie" instruction available to make it correctly :). Im using 2 separate joystick cards allready, (its 2 sets of controllers im using with card included per set)

5. Thx, ill try to google some more. I have done that boot change but it still shows Win10 logo before opening windows, have to try that booting directly from msconfig. Man...i should have gone with Win7 :D 

1. Add the jukebox as a new system in HyperHQ then when you get to the picture below select the option to add the system as an exe and point to the exe.

rr.png

3.Yes

4.No it will not work, you can try it and see for yourself but Spinners and trackballs have not worked for many years.

5.I think you can change the login icon from within windows under Settings/Account. Try this thread for more info.

Hi, thx again.

About 1,2 and 4:

About adding new -so its the same if i add new emulator or Jukebox, always from HyperHQ and .exe ? Do they show directly in RocketLauncherUI after this so i can add the emulator there too and give paths to romsets etc?

Then about no 4: "No it will not work, you can try it and see for yourself but Spinners and trackballs have not worked for many years."

-> My Project is waiting for this item to arrive (on hold because of it), but should i forget the hole wheel if i cant use it with Hyperspin at all and go on with development?

:) ok.

How about this:

About adding new -so its the same if i add new emulator or Jukebox, always from HyperHQ and .exe ? Do they show directly in RocketLauncherUI after this so i can add the emulator there too and give paths to romsets etc?

Im soon on the phase to completing electronics, just finished first paint layer, check images.

CP.jpeg

CAB1.jpeg

CAB2.jpeg

CP2.jpeg

Yes lovely cab. 

Let me clarify about adding the jukebox software as an exe. You are basically just launching the jukebox software from Hyperspin, it is not going to launch rocket launcher. You will then configure your music from within the software like you would with Kodi. 

There are no ROMs to add with a jukebox. 

6 hours ago, gigapig said:

Yes lovely cab. 

Let me clarify about adding the jukebox software as an exe. You are basically just launching the jukebox software from Hyperspin, it is not going to launch rocket launcher. You will then configure your music from within the software like you would with Kodi. 

There are no ROMs to add with a jukebox. 

Thx!

Yes i know no roms - its going to be spotify based jukebox. 

So if i want to add for example Amiga emulator to Hyperspin, i just add the .exe from HyperHQ and ill see it in Hyperspin?

6 hours ago, Proplayer77 said:

Thx!

Yes i know no roms - its going to be spotify based jukebox. 

So if i want to add for example Amiga emulator to Hyperspin, i just add the .exe from HyperHQ and ill see it in Hyperspin?

No adding the exe is specifically for the jukebox. If you need set up help with Amiga then you should watch the videos in our tutorial section. 

OK. I have question about controls. I have 2 cards /sets and trackball.

Attached picture of card connections.

I have added to both cards to ”one to twelve buttons” all the 8 play control buttons 1-8 and  to 9 select, 10 players and 11 insert coin.

Which buttons should i connect to which commands. (Insert coin etc)?

i tried to conf them thry HyperHQ but cant seem to get them to work on mame. All buttons and joystick respond on HHQ. What setup have i done wrong? ?

i have enabled kb too and trackball is active, havent tested if it works. Which game/software is good for testing it?

Trackball is connected thru usb/ps2 adapter. 

With just kb all worked ok.

78C255F1-568C-4EB1-9B7D-41C57816B8AA.jpeg

194482CE-6230-4D53-80FD-508FB915C79E.jpeg

You probably should have started your own thread. Your problem doesnt have anything to do with the topic of this thread.

Settings in HQ is for HS navigation only. Turn trackball and spinner off in there. All mame controls need to be set inside mame.

Anyone can help on this?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

It is your thread... i just woke up, excuse me. :-)

You probably should have started your own thread. Your problem doesnt have anything to do with the topic of this thread.

Settings in HQ is for HS navigation only. Turn trackball and spinner off in there. All mame controls need to be set inside mame.

Im facing big problems with hyperspin. 

I have enabled joysticks from HyperHQ but when i start HyperSpin and touch joystick the wheels starts to spin and wont stop. Only way to stop it is to stop hyperspin from Windows task manager. 

Joysticks work ok with MAME (started games from rocketlauncherUI to test) but not with hyperspin and other emulators?

What to do?????? Im using latest (2 weeks old) version of hyperspin.

Added a pic of current statenof my cab. Still waiting for marque art and making some small details but i need to get Hyperspin to work...

C242EB5C-4DEA-4124-81EA-1A716908BCC9.jpeg

Coming along nicely!

I should have been clearer earlier, none of the navigation options beyond keyboard in HQ work very well! Disable joystick in HQ as well. This only affects HS, emulators have their own control settings. You do have options though!

You can use the "startup script" or you can opt for a keymapper (JoyToKey or Xpadder).

Thx ?. Omg. Does this mean i have to use always kb to navigate to right emulator and game and start it, i hope not ?.

i want to navigate with joysticks and buttons. I also use many emulators so where to adjust their controls (megadrive,snes,atari).

Man, Retropie was 100 times easier to use on my bartop build. Problem is it has so bad/old mame.

Thx [emoji106]. Omg. Does this mean i have to use always kb to navigate to right emulator and game and start it, i hope not [emoji33].
i want to navigate with joysticks and buttons. I also use many emulators so where to adjust their controls (megadrive,snes,atari).

Man, Retropie was 100 times easier to use on my bartop build. Problem is it has so bad/old mame.
No it just means you have to use the startup script or a keymapper to map your joystick movements.

1. Yes, I know this. My biggest problem is that i want to use Hyperspin Frontend with the controllers, not with KB and Mouse... - which is not possible as they dont work atm., the wheel keeps on turning and i have to kill the process and use only KB when i launch it again, doesnt work always then either.... If i disable the joysticks from HyperHQ i can use KB normally to choose right emulator and game from HyperSpin.

2. Other question is where i can adjust controls for Megadrive, SNES, N64 etc. Do i do it inside the emulators (Dolphin, etc) directly which Hyperspin then uses when i launch the game.

5 hours ago, Proplayer77 said:

1. Yes, I know this. My biggest problem is that i want to use Hyperspin Frontend with the controllers, not with KB and Mouse... - which is not possible as they dont work atm., the wheel keeps on turning and i have to kill the process and use only KB when i launch it again, doesnt work always then either.... If i disable the joysticks from HyperHQ i can use KB normally to choose right emulator and game from HyperSpin.

2. Other question is where i can adjust controls for Megadrive, SNES, N64 etc. Do i do it inside the emulators (Dolphin, etc) directly which Hyperspin then uses when i launch the game.

You need to use a keymapper as spawk has mentioned then you can use your controllers. I would suggest JoyToKey and then follow spawks guide in the tutorial section. 

Adjusting controls is done in the emulators, surely you have done so already if you have them? 

Archived