Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

PS3 Sixaxis Shield TV

StevieMac

Hey Guys I know this isn't really a Hyperspin problem but I was hopeing someone has set up their PS3 controller on the shield without the problems I'm having.

I can get the pad working fine with everything plugged in or using Bluetooth (HyperSpin, KODI, etc) but the red lights are constantly flashing (trying to link to something?) if I turn off my Shiled the lights carry on flashing until the battery dies in the controller.
Is this normal?

When I turn on the Shield TV after the lights go out (the following day) I have to re plug in the controller using the USB & re connect it all over again which is a pain each time I want to use it as a normal navigation control.

Thanks for the help

I'm not sure why the PS3 controller does this but I've definitely seen this behavior as well.    On Shield, it's been the consistent behavior across Android L->M->N and now Android O.

It would be interesting to note if it's different on Windows, Mac, or other Android devices.

I did setup my PS3 controller on the Shield natively recently and noticed the lights flash all the time.

its not my main controller and I always turn it off not not caused me any issues.

I have been busy with other stuff recently so not had the Shield on for a couple of weeks :( will be off for a while yet I expect

I just hold the PS button down until the lights go off.

But actually just testing it the 1 LED came on solid. (My shield is probably the only thing on right now, kid is watching TV though so cant check connection) so maybe I dont have the flaahing issue. I update to Oreo a couple of days ago

Just had it on and confirmed number 1 led is solid for the pad. I am almost certain all lights flashed constantly before the update.

also I read with Shield experience 7 that they worked on ds4 compatibility so could be an upshot of that work

Ok I updated to Oreo (poo new layout).  I tried to install my PS3 pad & got the same result of the 4 flashing lights so I tried my other pad.
This time the other pad worked & conected but the name wasn't Playstation3(sixaxis) it was just conected where the other pad came up with a full name but didn't work!
So a bit confusing but it seems to be working with the other pad fine now although no lights come up on the working pad but I guess thats ok.
I just renamed the working pad to PS3_1 but I still couldn't connect the old pad correctly.  I tried resetting it & connecting back to my PS3 but still the same result so no idea.  At least one is working now.

Thanks

Yeah you have to go to
Settings - Add accessory - then hit the PS button on the pad to get it into Blutooth search - then I plugged it in & it connected.
But doing it various other ways on the old pad I've been asked for a PS number for the pad or it works plugged in then works through bluetooth but when you restart it disapears from the list & you have to re pair it.
Sometimes the full name comes up or just says connected sometimes it comes up on the list of things to connect soemtimes it just works even though it never appears on the connection list.

Archived