Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

FPLaunch MOD: Pause and Loading screens...

samwyze

OK thanks for the advice.

Not got the back box built yet - still in the sanding/filling/sanding/paint cycle at the moment but will defo try that in a few weeks

cheers

Shifters

Even my minicab took several weeks to paint the first time round - definately worth being patient though. After the paint was ruined in the quakes, I redid it over 3 days - you can easily notice the difference, much less professional looking. Just didn't have the patience the second time around! My point: take your time, it really pays off :)

Just tried the latest FP launch.

Everything seems to work ok.

If I press my Escape button the pause screen comes up.

However there is no way to unpause it.

If I hold down my escape button the pause screen just flashes on and off very fast.

If I hit my escape key quickly once more It leaves the grey box of VP on the screen that says Pause, Quit and Resume.

I'm sure there is an easy way to fix this, but I am very new to this new launch feature.

The launch that came with the original download worked great.

Am I going to need to switch to the e key like some others have had to do?

Edited by Arcade4

I am using 1.295 wip 4 and noticed with specifically with TripleStrikeB2S every time I launch it the loading screen maintains focus even after table is loaded. I need to hit ESC or click on mouse to gain focus to the table.

I dont have this issue with any other table.

bent, that table works fine for me using my HS module. I can't speak for FPLaunch though as I do not use HP. Do a lot of tables use an exe to launch their backglass? Wondering if that's causing you an issue.

FYI, you don't need 2 monitors, just had to turn off the backglass in the vbs script.

Yes

B2s tables do.

But other b2s work fine. Just this one is an issue.

Maybe try replacing this, from loading section:

IfWinExist, Visual Pinball Player,, DMD ;Check if visual pinball is Ready
		{
			IfWinActive, Visual Pinball Player,, DMD ;Check if visual pinball is Ready
			{
				Break
			}

To this:

IfWinExist, ahk_class VPPlayer ;Check if visual pinball is Ready
		{
		  WinActivate, ahk_Class VPPlayer
                         IfWinActive, ahk_class VPPlayer
                         {
		       ControlClick,, ahk_Class VPPlayer
                              Break
                         }

shenglu check manual in second post in this thread, you need images from 294 version, and probably to change esc key to e on your ipac

sam - that part of code - ,,DMD - you added it as i remember to deal with some some window that appears on some tables during load - that window is named - "visual pinball dmd hack" - don't know what is ahk class of this window.

Any way, if you add win activate in that loop, your slider will stop as soon as vpplayer exists, it will not wait for it to become active.

The purpose of that code is to move slider around until vpplayer becomes active - on it's own, without forced intervention.

Bent check this outside of hyperpin:

run backglass for triple strike.

run vp table triple strike

wait for the table to get focus.

if table doesn't get focus ever, and you have to alt tab to it - then table is the problem

nt compatibility flag also helps here for vp to get focus

sam - that part of code - ,,DMD - you added it as i remember to deal with some some window that appears on some tables during load - that window is named - "visual pinball dmd hack" - don't know what is ahk class of this window.

Cheers, I was looking at that trying to figure out why the %$@^ I put it in! Think I need to comment my code a bit more, haha

yeah that dmd hack window caused a lot of freezes if i remember right - you have conversation about that on first pages of thread

it was important to exclude it cause it was active much before then vp would be ready and caused constant freezes on some tables on almost every run (medieval maddness with uvp) and freeze would be so bad that esc could not help - only ctrl-alt-del and reboot or logoff

in my last script i'm using ahk_class vpplayer but still excluding DMD

Hi guys,

auto hide the task bar - all images are now centred!

thanks for the help!

Back to painting ....

regards

Shifters

Enjoy those fumes, hehe

Glad centering is fixed - think we can actually change this so it ignores taskbar (if present) when centering so no one else will have the issue :)

Cheers, I was looking at that trying to figure out why the %$@^ I put it in! Think I need to comment my code a bit more, haha

That's exactly why I put so many comments in my scripts. I always go back to pull code from them and it's so easy knowing exactly what it does via a comment.

Blur - was just re-reading thread and when you read from start to finish you really have been a champ, supporting user requests and working through bugs - so :adore: WELL DONE

tnx sam!

just tried this new triple strike from rosve (there is one from rawd also)

both of them focus ok on my rig

only problem is that when i press esc it invokes pause and b2s backglass disapears, which is fine if you want to exit table, but not ok if i want to get back to game

again it can be solved by using e or joy# for exit instead of Esc, not big deal, but it worked different in first versions of b2s

Edited by blur

That's exactly why I put so many comments in my scripts. I always go back to pull code from them and it's so easy knowing exactly what it does via a comment.

Yea, I know I should, the only problem is - I'M LAZY!

tnx sam!

just tried this new triple strike from rosve (there is one from rawd also)

both of them focus ok on my rig

only problem is that when i press esc it invokes pause and b2s backglass disapears, which is fine if you want to exit table, but not ok if i want to get back to game

again it can be solved by using e for exit instead of Esc or joyxx directly, not big deal, but it worked different in first versions of b2s

Maybe we should make that a pre-req - mapping exit key to e?