Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

FPLaunch MOD: Pause and Loading screens...

samwyze

I like it. Looks cool.

It's hard to tell from the image, since it's scaled - it looks like it's trying to do a DMD sort of dot-matrix display, but the lettering appears to be connected with solid lines, as opposed to being made of dots. I suspect dots might be some fun to do, and that's why it looks that way? Or is it just the scaling on the image that's made it look connected like that?

Either way - great work!

Yes, thats just poor scaling, in reality it IS using dots - I'll put up a better pic at some point today.

So the exit menu replaces the Pause graphic???? when hit esc.

I dont know about the DMD with the menu......... maybe it will grow on me.

As paul said about the scaling........ also looks too big to me.

An option to have it or not....

I agree it's too big, that can be solved.

What I really want is an opinion about whether to put it with menu or not. The problem is that not all users have a dedicated pause key (hardly any I think) on their cab. An option to have it on seperate pause or with menu could work, but Blur and I were trying to limit options as much as possible - for easier troubleshooting and too many options may get confusing.

Yes, thats just poor scaling, in reality it IS using dots - I'll put up a better pic at some point today.

Cool. I'm sure it'll look good when you're done with it. We have faith *grin*.

What I really want is an opinion about whether to put it with menu or not. The problem is that not all users have a dedicated pause key (hardly any I think) on their cab. An option to have it on seperate pause or with menu could work, but Blur and I were trying to limit options as much as possible - for easier troubleshooting and too many options may get confusing.

Yeah, I turfed my pause button, since the exit button does the job perfectly. I actually turned my pause button into a Favorites button for HyperPin, so I could quickly narrow down my table list to just the stuff I play most often. That was Blur's suggestion, and it was right on the money.

It seems to me that everyone has an exit button, which pauses the game and brings up the goodies - that should work for everyone, I'd think. I suppose for those that don't want the score display, there could be an option in the .ini to disable it, or something - though, really, it's pretty cool. Sometimes I want to know how close I am to breaking a high score while playing - with this, I can see at a glance by just hitting exit to enter the pause menu - pretty ideal.

Samwyze,

I would definitely change the borders around the dmd-look to something like this (brown and black)

[ATTACH]9081[/ATTACH]

....a border around it does look better but the blue and white don't really go well with the brown...

But the blue and white would look great on the blue with white letters swf:

[ATTACH]9082[/ATTACH]

Maybe a builtin-option to change the colors from the border ?

I vote for the exit menu , I agree with Darkfall ....if they don't want to see it they can always turn it off (right ?) ......

Looking great...

Dna Disturber :beer:

Edited by Dna Disturber

Samwyze,

I would definitely change the borders around the dmd-look to something like this (brown and black)

[ATTACH]9081[/ATTACH]

....a border around it does look better but the blue and white don't really go well with the brown...

But the blue and white would look great on the blue with white letters swf:

[ATTACH]9082[/ATTACH]

Maybe a builtin-option to change the colors from the border ?

I vote for the exit menu , I agree with Darkfall ....if they don't want to see it they can always turn it off (right ?) ......

Looking great...

Dna Disturber :beer:

Yep, agreed. An option for blue (hyperpin style) theme (using your swf :)) or orange (dot matrix style) theme (black border fits much better), or off. I'll include pinemhi if thats ok with you - and just point to your page for updates info etc from the help.

I was also hoping to have options to change style for wheel etc... as somewhere earlier in the thread someone had some great custom art for wheel etc...

My telco finally fixed my dsl, no more 64k for me :) They managed to cut my phone though!!!! Damn TELESCUM

Oh, and working on shrinking the dmd, making it 5 lines instead of 10, maybe less width too.

Sure no problem (about pinemhi).

Maybe it's a good idea to use the 1.0 version I have online on my website.

The one I gave you earlier was a work in progress (prior to version 1.0) and not a release-version......

http://www.pinemhi.com

If you could stick to the 1.0 version for future hyperFPLaunch releases that would be great.....

I want the versions / downloads to come from one source as much as possible.

Hope you don't mind....

And for the dead phone.....there's always skype (speedwise no problem now) :help:

Hope they fix it soon......

:beer:

Edited by Dna Disturber

Hi guys,

Love what this does to enhance the polish of hyperpin! Many thanks all for your work getting this going - looking forward to the next release :laugh:

using 1.295WIP4 and i noticed that the rendering tables box and Pause images are not centered side to side on the screen, they are offset further to the right.

Any one else seeing this?

regards

Shifters

Hi guys,

Love what this does to enhance the polish of hyperpin! Many thanks all for your work getting this going - looking forward to the next release :laugh:

using 1.295WIP4 and i noticed that the rendering tables box and Pause images are not centered side to side on the screen, they are offset further to the right.

Any one else seeing this?

regards

Shifters

Funily enough, I was just having this issue with the hyperfplaunch wip, fixed now though. Didn't think it was an issue in 1.2... though

I suppose for those that don't want the score display, there could be an option in the .ini to disable it, or something - though, really, it's pretty cool.

Thats what I meant about the option to have it or not, setting in the .ini.

I think the menu options are all good, even the f3 for pinmame reboot.

Definitely an option to change the colour / style of the dmd.......

Edited by DedroK_V

Hi Blur,

desktop and VP set at 1920 x 1080 x 32 - is there anything else i should have set?

I couldn't find anything to set hyperpin resolution - could it be this?

regards

Shifters

I assume yes, but is your playfield set to 270 rotation? Is taskbar hidden in settings? Can you attach settings ini (wrap it in code tags so it doesn't take half a page to show :P)

Thats what I meant about the option to have it or not, setting in the .ini.

I think the menu options are all good, even the f3 for pinmame reboot.

Definitely an option to change the colour / style of the dmd.......

Yep, I've now set it so that it's in settings as an option to show or not. Have left it on for pause button (without an option) so that if a user has a pause button they can just use that to get a quick look at hiscores, otherwise exit button will show menu, with or without dmd (as user preference).

Style options at the moment are just between the two swf files (dmd style or hyperpin style). Both are looking good - I've modified the dmd style with a new font, looks much better. Will get around to posting a pic eventually. If there is demand I will also add colour options for the dmd style - ability to choose 'bright' dmd colour (currently orange/yellow) and 'dim' colour (currently a dark red/burgandy).

@blur and @dna disturber:

How are vpinmames' colour settings stored for each table? Is it in reg or rom file? If in reg, great easy for me to grab. If in rom file - dna disturber - are you able to extract that info similar to the way you get hiscores?

Using the vpinmame colour settings would be the icing on the cake for dmd style hiscores :)

@everyone:

Having some brain-freeze while converting loading screen to use dynamic rotation and sizing to accomadate users that don't use 270 playfield rotation, while maintaining ability to replace png images if wanted, so a wee delay - sorry!

*edit - not that there's an eta yet anyway :P

I think its possibly the screen display on the TV i.e. entire image not visible on TV making it look offset - going to fiddle - will let you know

thanks

Shifters

I assume yes, but is your playfield set to 270 rotation? Is taskbar hidden in settings? Can you attach settings ini (wrap it in code tags so it doesn't take half a page to show :P)

sam any rotation other then 270 is impossible for vp tables

so you should forget about it

for color options - they are in registry, or in uvp file

dmd has rgb values, but again you could put them all same

for shifter - no idea, do you have as sam said taskbar hidden or not?

you should hide or at least auto hide taskbar

and move it to the bottom of backglass (yes it's possible, just drag it - on backglass it looks much better if it shows from time to time)