Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

MAME complete xml file

Guillermo075

Hello everyone, happy new year,
I use Dons Hyperspin Tools 4.3.26 to generate my xml for the database, the problem is that I want to complete the other data such as manufacturing, year, description, etc.
In the case of MAME, I have an xml file that exports the exe of the mame to obtain the information, or even the exe, but the option to generate a hyperspin list from the mame's xml fails.
Could someone tell me how I can complete these fields automatically?
For me it is important because MAME has really strange names in their roms and the description that appears in the mame4.exe is super necessary.
Thank you very much in advance!

only way you will get all the meta date is to use

FIlter Hyperlist.exe in the dons tools folder,  you will need to make a malelist.XML  witch contains all the meta data you need.

the process to add the meta data to an XMl that is missing its meta data  is to long to list.  you are better of downloading phulshof  MAME XMLs

and using filter Hyperlist.exe to remove the games you do not want from a full MAME.XML with meta data.

or just save yourself the hassle and use one of his filtered XMLs.  

Hi, thanks for the answers, 
it's not exactly for the MAME, it's for the HBMAME that works exactly the same. 
In my case I have some games of HBMAME (not all) and I have the hbmame.exe, I extracted the xml from the hbmame.exe and it has all 
the metadata, in parallel, I use the Dons to make my xml with the roms that I have from the HBMAME but are missing these metadatas, 
then I have an xml with my roms without metadata and another xml with all the data of the mamexml, there should be some tool that 
compares game names in both xml and complete the incomplete with the data of which if it is complete, not if it is understood.

their is one in hyperslist

http://hyperlist.hyperspin-fe.com/

and from your description it sounds like all you are doing is filtering

all you need to do is download the official HBMAME XML

generate your XML with the roms you want (have)

open Filter Hyerlist.exe

Hyperpin Source XML -->  Official HBMAME XML

Hyperpin Exclude XML list -->  YOUR XML with the games you want.

ignore everything else, and don't bother generating a mamelist.xml

click scan

when your PC scans your XML and you get the second screen,  

Generate (export)  a new XML that only includes all the games from your Exclude XML (the XML you generated with all your games)

the new exported XML will contain all your games and it will include all the meta date given that the new

exported XML was generated from the official HBMAME XML.

On 1/10/2019 at 7:59 PM, 32assassin said:

their is one in hyperslist

http://hyperlist.hyperspin-fe.com/

and from your description it sounds like all you are doing is filtering

all you need to do is download the official HBMAME XML

generate your XML with the roms you want (have)

open Filter Hyerlist.exe

Hyperpin Source XML -->  Official HBMAME XML

Hyperpin Exclude XML list -->  YOUR XML with the games you want.

ignore everything else, and don't bother generating a mamelist.xml

click scan

when your PC scans your XML and you get the second screen,  

Generate (export)  a new XML that only includes all the games from your Exclude XML (the XML you generated with all your games)

the new exported XML will contain all your games and it will include all the meta date given that the new

exported XML was generated from the official HBMAME XML.

THANKYOU SO MUCH!!!! :D

• 3 months later...

Archived