The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Nvidia Shield - Hyperspin - Retroarch64 - Amiga P-UAE core...nice

yarrick

I fell in love with the Amiga again last night!

https://youtu.be/1axRwAJz1LU

My setup - shown in above video:

Nvidia Shield TV > HyperSpin > Retroarch64> P-UAE core

I am using tweaked HDF files, a WHDload file, and three amiga kickstart roms  (no seperate game config files are needed now, you just need the HDF file), 

I am so happy at how well this runs,  pump it up to the higher resolution via the Retroarch core options and I am in Amiga heaven, just a shame about the CD32 music still trying to get this working..

If you want to do similar; I used Squizzys script from this thread on my hdf files:

script

thread

then put the three kickstart roms (500/600/1200) into the retroarch system directory (most likely works on retroarch32 as well) and same with the whdload file - done!

• 2 weeks later...

Your JUST about keeping the rom talk clean ;)

Interesting alternative to uae4arm....I will keep half an eye on this. Since the issues with uae4arm i have found it annoying to use with no sign of it changing.

Kinda hoping the Amiberry fund raising turns fruitful but theres not been a sniff of the android port since which is a shame 

• 2 weeks later...

It's great to see another "Amiga Amigo" on the forum enjoying these games!

Your theme and media needs some TLC but that will come in time, getting the games working is always the first priority. I'll attach my default.zip file which you can put in your Amiga theme folder, it'll fix your odd looking Amiga banner on the game selection wheel. 

I busted my leg badly start of January which has slowed me down doing my Amiga project. Whilst laid up I've been playing the games that are missing video snaps, recording gameplay to fill in those blanks. Diskmach has been doing missing wheel art, i'll run these through auto kustom so they'll match the wheel art I already use. I've already played around with this P-UAE core I'll chip in with what I've found...

1) You don't need to run that script. All it does is extract the HDF files, rename their slave files then repack them as HDF again. There's already a HDF romset for Retroarch "archived on the internet" if people search.

2) Strictly speaking you do still need uae files. The core can create a temp. generic one. It's default A600 preset works quite well for most games but some games will want to run as an A1200 (CD32 HDF files for example, as the CD32 was based on the A1200). You can switch between A500, A600, A1200 in the quick menu and reset but really each game should have it's own uae file to state what configuration to use ideally.

3) The WHDLoad.hdf file by Lindqvist needs the kickstarts injected into it with ADF OPUS. He explains how to do this in his tutorial (https://lindqvist.synology.me/wordpress/?page_id=182). I had issues loading games which boiled down to one of the kickstart files I was using. Had to find an alternate one for the A600, odd as the one I was using worked fine in UAE4ARM. The kickstarts and the WHDLoad.hdf live in the designated RetroArch system folder too as you rightly say.

4) You won't get the music (or FMV) for CD32 games. The HDF files don't have the CD audio in them, honestly there's not much point using them over an Amiga AGA version of the game. This is why I use UAE4ARM as it can play the CD32 CD rips, so we do get the FMV and CD audio.

5) I didn't get this working on the 32bit version of RetroArch, only the 64 bit version. I see you supplied a tutorial to modify Hyperspin to use Retroarch64. Would be nice if you provided an apk for others to download who aren't as tech savvy as some of us

For me UAE4ARM is still the better emulator to use on Android. I hope Lubomyr can resolve the issues on Android TV devices, so we can use the latest version of the emulator. I think the Amiberry devs got their funding for the software to do the Android port but I imagine it will be quite sometime before we see it released. Unfortunately uae files are NOT universal between emulators. I already have files for UAE4ARM, I have no real enthusiasm to redo them for RetroArch or Amiberry.

All the best with your Amiga project Yarrick

Default.zip

I did the hyperspin apk alter and it works BUT I went back to regualr hyperspin apk....reason is I have alot of split cores and a few customized cores that dont work on retroarch64....I didnt even check to see if retroarch64 has the same amount of cores but what I do know is that the regualr retroarch cores will not work on retroarch64.

7 minutes ago, sanchezmike01 said:

I did the hyperspin apk alter and it works BUT I went back to regualr hyperspin apk....reason is I have alot of split cores and a few customized cores that dont work on retroarch64....I didnt even check to see if retroarch64 has the same amount of cores but what I do know is that the regualr retroarch cores will not work on retroarch64.

RetroArch 64 has cores that are NOT on the standard RetroArch version we know and love. I think the fuss was really over the Dolphin core to do Gamecube and Wii, although this core is flawed and there are graphical glitches in some games (e.g Starfox).

I've yet to find a reason to really use RA64. I don't recommend the PUAE core for Amiga, Dolphin I have more success with the standalone emulator. I'm sure one day we will want to use it but not today ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived