Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

My custom built cab w/ hyperspin FE

dark

I built this cabinet out of 3/4'' birch plywood and painted each piece of wood with a minimum of 3 coats oil primer 3 coats black oil low lustre paint. The "defender Arcade" marquee I bought off the internet but the other graphics I designed myself based off of pac-man and galaga game play. (May do side art later). I used a custom cut piece of tempered glass for my overlay which has pacman bezel/border decal applied on the inside of the glass. A cool feature I included with my cabinet is the entire coin door front panel is attached to the cabinet with industry quality velcro making access to the inside of the cabinet very easy. I installed a 6 port USB hub on the front of my pc so if i need to adjust any USB's I can usually do it just from going through the coin door.

Specs

27'' WG Arcade monitor w/ bezel

2.8ghz quad core pc

X-Arcade 2player joystick with trackball

2x wired playstation style gamepads (for 4 player games etc)

1x wireless 6 button gamepad (to simulate n64 controls)

2x ems top gun light guns.

Chrome T-moulding (which I've only seen at starburstcoinmachines.com, local to me)

Black T-moulding on Galaga drawer cover.

I have a fairly robust collection of system wheels that continues to grow and I owe the quality of my front-end experience to the amazing hyperspin community. No other front end compares.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<EDIT>

Update: My new "warlords" custom cocktail table: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14339

Update: New side art done on upright cabinet: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14471

next project: Custom CP for upright and likely give x-arcade to my friend. I considered just putting new artwork on my x-arcade cp, but theres a few things I'd like to change about it and I'd be more satisfied over all if I made it from scratch.

post-13880-142870572131_thumb.jpg

post-13880-142870572134_thumb.jpg

post-13880-142870572136_thumb.jpg

post-13880-142870572137_thumb.jpg

This being the first cab I built buying the Joystick first is what commited me to building it in the first place....and to be honest I was intimidated by wiring my own joystick unit so early in the game...I figured I could always replace it later on once I gathered more gusto.

I knew you guys were guna rip on me for that lol...but hey at least I changed the T-moulding on it :P

• 2 weeks later...

Great job, on this cabinet I like it a lot don't worry about the X-Arcade people don't like them, because their pre-bulit. I also used an X-arcade tankstick and I am very happy with it. Easy to use and simply the only way to go for your first build. Besides building your own controls takes a lot of time and effort and can cost you some dough, when all you want to do is play..... you can also get some help on making a custom CPO to slap over top of the X-arcade to make it look like a custom build that's what I am doing with the help of Donnei1979.

Cheers!

• 3 years later...
This being the first cab I built buying the Joystick first is what commited me to building it in the first place....and to be honest I was intimidated by wiring my own joystick unit so early in the game...I figured I could always replace it later on once I gathered more gusto.

I knew you guys were guna rip on me for that lol...but hey at least I changed the T-moulding on it :P

I felt the same way with my 1st build, but that I gut the x-arcade and placed the internals in a custom panel i made ...

Archived