Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

NEC PC Engine CD / TurboGrafX CD - cores down on android ?

Creezz67

Can anyone else confirm that these 2 systems using "mednafen_pce_fast_libretro" core are currently down on RetroArch ?

I have tried every possible option but now not working on latest RetroArch 1.7.7

Using NVIDIA SHIELD TV, and was previously working a few weeks ago

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

I have Beetle PCE Fast v0.9.38.7 433fb7a installed and it is working on my STV. However I've just downloaded the core on my phone and the current version is v0.9.38.7 7e92d19. Transferred the Jap PCE-CD game Download II over to the phone and that is playing with the core.

You'll forgive me if I don't tinker with my STV setup if it might break my NEC wheels. I have just updated the STV to Experience 8 (Android Pie), so I do need to do some testing to make sure everything is still okay

13 minutes ago, cataclysm67 said:

no, cores are there , they just do not load. I updated today and now both wheels don’t load. Just checking to see if others have same issue.

Sorry missed this post whilst checking for you.

I have just downloaded the core from the buildbot on my PC (https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/android/latest/armeabi-v7a/). Extracted the .so file and put it in the Retroarch Download folder on my phone, under load core I installed the core manually. Works fine

13 hours ago, Honosuseri said:

Sorry missed this post whilst checking for you.

I have just downloaded the core from the buildbot on my PC (https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/android/latest/armeabi-v7a/). Extracted the .so file and put it in the Retroarch Download folder on my phone, under load core I installed the core manually. Works fine

Just when you think Hyperspin cannot get any more annoying.

6 hours of trying everything (and i mean everything) I copy files onto a 64gb usb drive to test and all works fine with my current files (no changes)

I try again on an 8tb WD external, (no luck, black screen) then an 8tb Seagate external, (no luck, black screen).

I try again on my 64gb usb pen to make sure i am not going mad and it all still works. WTF

To cut a long story short, I check the bios files on Retroarch, and 1 optional bios is missing (syscard3.pce). I update it to show as present and hey presto both systems now work !!

Why It doesn't need that optional bios on a 64gb usb drive god only knows, but for some reason on my 8tb drives it needs it to load correctly.

Don't you love Hyperspin !! and the worst part is I probably won't even play them !! (but at least now i could if i wanted to) ?

Thanks for all help in narrowing down issue.

No worries! Glad you got it resolved, I was starting to think the Android Pie update for the STV was causing aggro!

I did do a Youtube video on manually installing cores with RA. I made a point of users checking the core info section for BIOS files needed, it's often overlooked by new users and they wonder why games don't play. For what it's worth I don't consider any BIOS files to be "optional" if a core asks for it I supply it. I actually have a dedicated BIOS folder in my Roms directory, which I point RA to rather than populating it's default system folder.

1 hour ago, Honosuseri said:

No worries! Glad you got it resolved, I was starting to think the Android Pie update for the STV was causing aggro!

I did do a Youtube video on manually installing cores with RA. I made a point of users checking the core info section for BIOS files needed, it's often overlooked by new users and they wonder why games don't play. For what it's worth I don't consider any BIOS files to be "optional" if a core asks for it I supply it. I actually have a dedicated BIOS folder in my Roms directory, which I point RA to rather than populating it's default system folder.

Yes, but i have had this setup for over a year without issue. It was only when i recently updated core for them i noticed this problem.

I have never used the optional bios files for these 2 systems, but yet they worked fine.

It seems to be an issue with the 8tb hard drives, as core works ok on PC Engine & on my 64gb usb pen drive, and previously my 6tb external hard drive, without the optional bios.

Archived