Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

HyperSpin Source Code/Self Build

adamgp

Since HyperSpin only supports 1024x768, I dont really want to migrate away to another FE to support better quality artwork as I have everything set up nicely and HyperSpin does work great. But I really could do with working at 1920x1080 and without having to squash the width of artwork by 75% for 16:9 aspect ratios.

Does anybody know how I might go about being able to build a version of HyperSpin myself that supports. I'm a capable software engineer, so I just need access to the source code!

Thank you

8 hours ago, adamgp said:

Since HyperSpin only supports 1024x768, I dont really want to migrate away to another FE to support better quality artwork as I have everything set up nicely and HyperSpin does work great. But I really could do with working at 1920x1080 and without having to squash the width of artwork by 75% for 16:9 aspect ratios.

Does anybody know how I might go about being able to build a version of HyperSpin myself that supports. I'm a capable software engineer, so I just need access to the source code!

Thank you

Your best bet is to PM Fr0stbyt3 or Jhabers but as Agent47 said this request has been refused in the past.

Thanks for the guidance everyone. I have your flash scaling scripts dark13 (I think you made them anyway!) Ill try to make contact with the devs also, just on the off chance. ;)

The resolution isnt so much an issue as the annoying 4:3 width scaling :S

Ive tried RetroFE which looks great and has a lot of support for artwork conversion, but it doesnt support the nice Genre playlist wheel we have in HS.

Yeah, I found online a flash script to turn images into .swfs and modified it to correct aspect ratio, resolution and use smooth flag, if you open them with notepad there's still the name of the original author.  I released it to simplify the transition to 16:9 and the use of FHD artworks in themes as scripts can be used without any knowledge of flash :)

As far as I know BBB years ago wrote that HS can't go open source because it uses libraries that are not open source and cannot be included in open source code.

On 1/30/2020 at 2:05 PM, dark13 said:

Honestly I think flash would have serious performance problems at 1080p. On the other side you can pack 1080p artwork in a .swf and resize it inside flash, it has a really good upscaling filter when smooting is on.

1080p.png

What happens with the descriptionsSSSGGGGGGGGGG?

On 2/1/2020 at 5:25 PM, agent47 said:

Is there a reason you're not just implementing that feature since it's FOSS? That's one thing I've requested and wanted to add but I'm juggling too many projects atm and haven't had time to dive into the codebase yet.

Hi Agent, for the same reasons as yourself - struggling with time. Everytime I get near the completion I find something else to do, I've decided to stick with HS and the artwork I've made even though scaled looks good enough to the point you can't really notice. Once I've finished and deployed this project to my dads "Man Cave", I'll probably have a look at transitioning to RetroFE and do just that, get involved in the source and make it behave more like HS with regards to navigating playlists.

I gave up when the new collections I was creating wasn't detecting the roms files in the filepaths and that would be good opportunity to jump into the code and see what's going on.

Archived