Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Will this PC work?

sraffer2

So I've been sitting on a bunch of amazon gift cards and been waiting to take the plunge and buying a PC just for running hyperspin. My goal is to keep it pretty retro, so no need for anything past Dreamcast. That being said I know the recommendations are dual core and at least 4 gb of ram so I was at this this. From what I can tell it meets my spec requirements and has decent reviews, but I am interested in what people think. If you have better suggestions, I am looking to stay around that price, but willing to go a bit higher if needed, but limited to amazon. Thanks in advance!

I thought I read somewhere there was a bug where Hyperspin won't play preview videos on Intel integrated graphics. That CPU has the speed to run Hyperspin decently and everything up to about Playstation, but the Intel integrated graphics are garbage and would need some help (a discrete card). Dreamcast might be borderline. Definite no on PS2, Wii, Gamecube and higher Arcade stuff at solid 60fps.

I would be worried about celeron CPU, it might be okay for web browsing, maybe Mame without hlsl and some older systems. But unless someone is using the same or similar, it hard to know for sure.

I think the intel chipset and mp4 video had been fixed, something relating to flash settings.

Thanks everyone. This is exactlly why I posted before diving in. That being said I've done a little more digging:

1/2) two other Dell's (so same graphics card issues) One running Intel Pentium G-3220 3.0 Ghz ($300 refirb) and the other i3 ($400)

3) HP running AMD Quad-core A-4-5000 with AMD Radeon HD 8330

I know people tend to prefer Intel etc but its listed as $250 refirb so very tempting.

I can post listings if people want more details and once again thanks for the advice!

Archived