Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Video card options

gec5741

So I have the pc that I am working on with Hyperspin to run all my systems.   Some day I plan to build the cabinet but for now I'm debating on upgrading the video card.  I forget what's in now but it's working fine for everything but I want to get going on more high-end emulation like Tytotype X and maybe even PS2 etc.   Would something like this be sufficient or should I just spend the extra 70 bucks or so and get something like a 1050ti? My pc is a small formfactor case so that's why these are the small formfactor cards.  If I was building the cabinet soonish I'd probably just look to do an open air make shit type test best for the pc components and not worry about the card size but that won't be for a while and I'd like to get this upgraded now.  Thanks for any advice.  

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Profile-Graphic-02G-P4-6333-KR/dp/B071LGVBDM/ref=sr_1_12?dchild=1&keywords=low+profile+video+card&qid=1586452158&sr=8-12

https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Geforce-Profile-Graphic-GV-N105TOC-4GL/dp/B06WWLWWJM/ref=sr_1_13?dchild=1&keywords=low+profile+video+card&qid=1586452118&sr=8-13

I am still running an R7 200 series 2GB DDR3 and I have mixed results with PS2. Not really sure how much of that is my system, and how much is still just the state of emulation. I played the first Dark Cloud right to completion no problem... but part 2 (Dark Chronicle) had some pretty major graphics issues right from the start so I never even attempted.

Even though the "cheap" one is better than mine and will probably do, if it were me upgrading, I would fork out the extra 70. The "extra" power certainly can't hurt anything, and will eventually will become "normal" power anyway.

If you want to run emulators at higher resolution you need a decent videocard. As example my gtx660 can't run zelda BOWT with 1080p graphic pack at 100%. So, I'd say something like a 1650 or a 1660 super would be better at 1080p, especially for window games.
On the other side if you are on a ssf pc probably you'll need a new PSU with a decent videocard.

Archived