Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Retroarch 1.9 and Hyperspin not working

NEO207

Hello hyperspinners...

I updated my retroarch to 1.9 by downloading the retroarch folder and overwriting my existing Retroarch folder.

I have done that a couple of times without any problems so far but this time, i can access the games via retroarch directly but the games won't open, when i want to start them through hyperspin.

Besides that, I have the exact same problem with the dolphin emulator. games start via dolphin perfectly but don`t start through hyperspin. when i exit hyperspin via task manager, i can see that the dolphin emulator window gets opened by "starting the game via hyperspin".

13 hours ago, NEO207 said:

Hello hyperspinners...

I updated my retroarch to 1.9 by downloading the retroarch folder and overwriting my existing Retroarch folder.

I have done that a couple of times without any problems so far but this time, i can access the games via retroarch directly but the games won't open, when i want to start them through hyperspin.

Besides that, I have the exact same problem with the dolphin emulator. games start via dolphin perfectly but don`t start through hyperspin. when i exit hyperspin via task manager, i can see that the dolphin emulator window gets opened by "starting the game via hyperspin".

I have also had issues with latest RetroArch 1.90 (Controller usually) , so suggest you go back to 1.8.9 as that is working fine.

Dolphin from version dolphin-master-5.0-12460 onwards needs the module updated. Check over at RocketLauncher forums for updated module.

Thanks i will check the module for dolphin...

with retroarch... to be more precise, i only have a problem starting ps1 games, i managed to sort out the problem with other systems.

i wanted to change from ePSX to retroarch to have almost every system running on retroarch (better compatibility, same commands, etc.)...

do i have to add something in the module so that ps1/psx games run through rocketlauncher/hyperspin?

kind regards and thanks!

24 minutes ago, NEO207 said:

Thanks i will check the module for dolphin...

with retroarch... to be more precise, i only have a problem starting ps1 games, i managed to sort out the problem with other systems.

i wanted to change from ePSX to retroarch to have almost every system running on retroarch (better compatibility, same commands, etc.)...

do i have to add something in the module so that ps1/psx games run through rocketlauncher/hyperspin?

kind regards and thanks!

For PS1, i have found using mednafen_psx_hw_libretro core works best, using bin/cue or chd format

If you want to use multi game for Disc1 / Disc2 etc i needed to convert those games into pbp format for them to work on certain cores correctly (e.g. duckstation core)

Just make sure you add the following info in the module, for example this:

Sony Playstation|LibRetro_PSX|mednafen_psx_hw_libretro|psu
Sony Playstation Japan|LibRetro_PSX|duckstation_libretro|psu
Sony Playstation Europe|LibRetro_PSX|pcsx_rearmed_libretro|psu

Check you have correct bios files for whatever core you are using, just load core and look in information tab for details below :

ps1.png

it worked! Thanks!! Now i have to repair my dolphin emulator (games start with the new updated module, but in the back of the loading screen, which still leads to an error in rocket launcher).

should i start a new post or may I ask you here: How to skip the bios (intro video of ps1) in retroarch? i didn't see the intro in epsx and find it quite annoying although a lot of people love the intro.

i already checked the quick menu after starting a game but had no luck

18 hours ago, NEO207 said:

it worked! Thanks!! Now i have to repair my dolphin emulator (games start with the new updated module, but in the back of the loading screen, which still leads to an error in rocket launcher).

should i start a new post or may I ask you here: How to skip the bios (intro video of ps1) in retroarch? i didn't see the intro in epsx and find it quite annoying although a lot of people love the intro.

i already checked the quick menu after starting a game but had no luck

Personally i would not disable this, as certain games will not load as mentioned already.

Archived