Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

looking for hd assets

juicelee

sorry not sure where to post this,i downloaded the hd special art pack and looks fantastic, i am looking for sharper images for the wheel art or any info to make it look as crisp as possible , i have a 4k tv qled 55inch and they looking a bit blurry, i have shrunk them using fotosizer by 75% so they are the correct size, would ajusting the size of the wheel art in hyper hq make it any better, any advice would be great

thanks

(wish i had my 1080p tv but it died and hyperspin looked so crisp on it)

I am still 1080p here so no way for me to be sure but 4k is like four times bigger than 1080p. So it may be just a case of needing higher quality art? Making it smaller in HQ may also reduce how much stretching it has to do to it... Just to clarify, you only resized 75% of the width right?

A lot of people use 4k these days and I don't hear a lot of complaints like this though... then again maybe people run HS at 1080p and just run the emulators 4k???

7 hours ago, gigapig said:

I'm confused. How will reducing a 400x175px wheel image make it look sharper on a 4k screen? 

I guess I assumed that the wheels are displayed at around 400x175 pixels on a 1080x1920 screen... but on a 4k screen they would have to be enlarged by 4 times to be proportional to everything else. So if you reduce the display size by half in HQ, the result would be only stretching the image 2 times it's natural dimensions. Am I thinking about this wrong?

2 minutes ago, Spawk said:

I guess I assumed that the wheels are displayed at around 400x175 pixels on a 1080x1920 screen... but on a 4k screen they would have to be enlarged by 4 times to be proportional to everything else. So if you reduce the display size by half in HQ, the result would be only stretching the image 2 times it's natural dimensions. Am I thinking about this wrong?

The TV will have to interpolate the signal that comes in via Hdmi and if they have been reduced (pixels removed) then the resulting upscale will be even more blurred. 

For wheel art 400x175 is the max unless there is some trick. 

I may be wrong though. 

• 2 weeks later...
Good, reducing the size of an image will not give you more sharpness,
indeed, it will possibly make it worse and with each conversion step it will become more blurry,
as you have been told, this was not prepared for those resolutions, 
and neither You can put images four times larger, simply because the wheel will go very slow or stumbling,
solution to that, because I would download new images at maximum resolution, 
and make a single transformation of size and aspect to 16: 9, trying not to exceed 400x175 more or less,
and not using web apps or even photoshop, I recommend the animate program, do the test with one and you will tell me.
 All the best

Archived