Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Changing RA core info in System INI? How to do correctly

thenoob

I’m guessing this is where you specify which core to use? I have to change a few so Retroarch will launch properly.

is there any language specific way to do this or just add an “_” between every word of the core?

like here say for SNES,

I need to change it from what it is now to 

Snes9x2010 core  how should it be put in correctly ? I’m guessing this is why it’s not launching 

Cores/Snes_9x_2010_libretro_android.so ??

image.jpg

Editing files by hand is usually a "last resort" sort of thing as it can be prone to errors.

This is what RLUI is for. You can set which core, here is an example using NES:

RL-NES.thumb.PNG.f1f59f74e55df72dd27e14f71f456586.PNG

Use the magnifying glass icon and browse to the actuall dll. This prevents any typos that could occur.

You use the name of the core. You can find them listed at the Libretro buildbot which is where the downloader pulls them from, ignore the file extension (.zip) https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/android/latest/armeabi-v7a/

so...

cores/snes9x_libretro_android.so

On a side note @HyperSeeder modded the Hyperspin.apk to use any version of Retroarch (he continued on from me modding it for RA32). I would use that over the stock Hyperspin app, check his thread here on the forum to ensure you are doing the .ini files correctly.

Yup I have that build as I’m running the Retroarch plus from play store it launches fine etc, just noticed some  of the INI files were different from what I’m using, easy change now, I’ll try this, THANK YOU!

11 hours ago, thenoob said:

Yup I have that build as I’m running the Retroarch plus from play store it launches fine etc, just noticed some  of the INI files were different from what I’m using, easy change now, I’ll try this, THANK YOU!

The Play Store is the Devil! Their changes have caused us no end of aggro. They now limit the size of the .apk and force the device to use 32 or 64 bit depending on what's native to the device.

I haven't checked in a while BUT the 64bit version of RA was missing some cores to do some popular systems, hence me modding HS to use RetroArch_RA32. I suggest you download Retroarch 32 and 64 bit versions from the Libretro website and "sideload" them through a file manager like X-Plore. Your call of course, all the best with it.

Archived