Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

What’s wrong with my MAME .INI

thenoob

Games launch In Retroarch 

I have correct core assigned looks good, roms are In correct spot.

i launch in hyper spin, only to a black screen then 10 seconds later back to hyper spin menu. It’s my last system to setup, pulling my hair out because I think I’ve done it all correct. 

also , turned on “parents only” filter and the hame wheel is still the same. I don’t want 17 versions of a game .  I do appreciate the help!

93F7D091-B02A-4BC2-8555-7D6BF51F6AA6.jpeg

6 hours ago, thenoob said:

Games launch In Retroarch 

I have correct core assigned looks good, roms are In correct spot.

i launch in hyper spin, only to a black screen then 10 seconds later back to hyper spin menu. It’s my last system to setup, pulling my hair out because I think I’ve done it all correct. 

also , turned on “parents only” filter and the hame wheel is still the same. I don’t want 17 versions of a game .  I do appreciate the help!

93F7D091-B02A-4BC2-8555-7D6BF51F6AA6.jpeg

It will depend on what MAME set you are using.

If you are using latest 0.234 romset+chd's then set core to mame and NOT mame2003_plus (Make sure you install MAME core)

Also parents only filter and wheels only etc will not work on android, so will not matter if you make true or false.

So when I load the “mame current” it seems like it’s based on a different romset?

and all my .xml from the android base pack are .139.  Shits a mess.

which romset to use with “mame current” core? Can I use .234 which I have complete, the newest release. 

and if so, do I have to replace all of the .xml files for 0.139 with current xml’s for 0.234 

very confused now.  I’ve setup HS before on my cab but for some reason this android version with mame is getting me sideways 

image.jpg

15 hours ago, thenoob said:

I’m using 0.139 as last time I setup android mame it was the romset to use no?

Then you'd want the Mame2010 core. It's probably still missing in the 64bit versions of RetroArch. You said you were using Hyperseeders modded Hyperspin SO...Install RetroArch_ra32 and install the mame2010 core, follow Hyper's thread to ensure you do the .ini file correctly to launch RA32.

yes i have the new 64bit RA Plus booting fine with all other systems, just mame has been the issue. im guessing you have to download Mame2010 seperately as i dont see it in the download core section, ill have a look on RA website

23 minutes ago, thenoob said:

yes i have the new 64bit RA Plus booting fine with all other systems, just mame has been the issue. im guessing you have to download Mame2010 seperately as i dont see it in the download core section, ill have a look on RA website

No you don't have to guess, I've told you what to do. I explained in one of your other threads that the 64bit version of Retroarch is missing cores, it's why I modded Hyperspin to use Retroarch_ra32 (32bit). Hyperseeder took things further and his HS build allows you to have 32+64bit versions of Retroarch installed and Hyperspin launches what you want via the .ini file.

Archived