Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperspin Attraction - Welcome to the Man-cade!

pacifikballa

Big, bright, colorful, loud, and in your face.  I don't own an arcade cabinet, but I dedicated an entire wall to my retro arcade setup.  2x 43" monitors (sides), 1x 65" monitor (center) and a Samsung SH37F stretched 37" on top (doubles are my arcade marquee and live sports ticker).

I will post up pics of entire build at a later date, but for now, enjoy!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2022 at 1:44 PM, dark13 said:

Very cool, how do you do that? A single desktop divided on 4 screen?

Sorry for the late reply, but yeah...I use the Window (No Border) setup in Hyperspin Attraction to blow everything up across all four monitors, then adjust the assets (art work) to the proper coordinates.

57 minutes ago, dark13 said:

Just curious, how you did the thing? Cinematic theme with a full screen mp4? I noticed that HS tends to crash badly when you use a big SWF or a little SWF with too many frames of animation

Hyperspin Attraction (essentially a fork of Attract Mode) allows the use of way more different media types (.jpg, .png, .mov, .mp4, .avi, etc.) and is also flash free.  And HA has the capabilities of doing what I did, which is take a custom .mp4 (the PS2 controller background video, laser rectangle/circle/triangle, PS2 logo) and layer the cart art, box art, wheel logo, and snap over it.  It is way more snappy than Hyperspin.

10 hours ago, pacifikballa said:

Hyperspin Attraction (essentially a fork of Attract Mode) allows the use of way more different media types (.jpg, .png, .mov, .mp4, .avi, etc.) and is also flash free.  And HA has the capabilities of doing what I did, which is take a custom .mp4 (the PS2 controller background video, laser rectangle/circle/triangle, PS2 logo) and layer the cart art, box art, wheel logo, and snap over it.  It is way more snappy than Hyperspin.

Well,  flash is a good and a bad thing. Bad because it is bugged as hell and tends to steal cpu power when emulators are running, good because you can run code inside the swf. In my themes I use as3 to load an external xml into the thing to show game's info (text or images), aeon nox has even weather forecast 😛

Anyway it seems that is possible to make cool thing with attract mode, I need to check it out.

HS seems can run a video and 2 1024x768 swf check it out, the background is a swf loading another swf as embedding a swf as background into the theme won't loop it.

Do those mp4 have alpha channel? What software are you using to make the videos?

1 hour ago, dark13 said:

Well,  flash is a good and a bad thing. Bad because it is bugged as hell and tends to steal cpu power when emulators are running, good because you can run code inside the swf. In my themes I use as3 to load an external xml into the thing to show game's info (text or images), aeon nox has even weather forecast 😛

Anyway it seems that is possible to make cool thing with attract mode, I need to check it out.

HS seems can run a video and 2 1024x768 swf check it out, the background is a swf loading another swf as embedding a swf as background into the theme won't loop it.

Do those mp4 have alpha channel? What software are you using to make the videos?

I primarily use Filmora X to make anything that doesn’t require an alpha.  But if I want to start layering other videos, alpha is required so I use Adobe Premiere Pro. 

HA is super fluid when moving across the wheel or main menu.  You will find it hard to come back to HS.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tribe Fan said:

I would challenge anyone to argue that this is not the greatest retro gaming setup of all time.

Thank you bro.  That really means a lot to me.  I just hope that I’ve influenced at least one person in the retro gaming community🍻

Archived