Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperpin no longer works with the last Nvidia Shield Update

fred33

Hello everybody,
Since the last update of the nvidia shield TV (Android 11) hyperspin no longer works.
A message indicates that it is no longer compatible with this version of Android.
Do you know if a hyperspin apk update will be made?
  • Like 1
  • Super Like 1

13 hours ago, fred33 said:
Hello everybody,
Since the last update of the nvidia shield TV (Android 11) hyperspin no longer works.
A message indicates that it is no longer compatible with this version of Android.
Do you know if a hyperspin apk update will be made?

confirmed :(

• Like 1

I'm sure MANY people will be VERY grateful!

I just put in over a month of work making tweaks to my collection, the prospect of never playing it on my Shield is very sad, I just got it to where I was happy.

I appreciate your effort. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Super Like 1

On 1/16/2022 at 4:04 PM, reznnate said:

Sorry the app was broken.  I'm working on a quick update to fix compatibility.   It's been years since I've looked at this so I'm running into various build/env issues and I don't have an ETA.     It should be easy but I've already spent more hours than I expected.     I'm expecting an update in 2-3 weeks, but that's not a promise since I'm uncertain about the fixes required yet.     While I'm at it, I intend to fix the issue raised with Retroarch as well.

Cheers!

hello there, where can we send you donations for support?

• Like 1
  • Super Like 1

17 hours ago, gamethriller said:

Everyone you can downgrade your software on the nvidia shield. Just finished mine.....

You are brave! I started, but couldn't get past 'fastboot oem unlock'. Terrified of bricking the stupid thing, something isn't jiving.  And, all the online instructions are a little different. Also, the warning of the 2019 Pro taking up to 2 hours to do a wipe sounds scary - we have sudden power outages around here, not risking it.  Did you downgrade a 2019 Pro?  How did it go for you? Flashing game systems never took THAT long!

Ok, I bit the bullet and did the downgrade. Success!

Just a few observations:

What drove me to it was that the update also broke trackball/mouse support in mame4droid (with the Atgames Gamer Pro, probably with a regular mouse too).

Oem unlock didn't take 2 hours - the entire process was actually under 3 minutes once I connected to the Shield properly.

I used Win10 Powershell (so you need to add .\ before the fastboot commands)

I used the crappy 2.0 USB A to A cable that came with the Gamer Pro and a regular old keyboard (I did have to plug and unplug them a few times to get it actually connect).

I think the entire process is just finiky and less dependent on what cables or keyboards you're using.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2022 at 9:04 PM, reznnate said:

Sorry the app was broken.  I'm working on a quick update to fix compatibility.   It's been years since I've looked at this so I'm running into various build/env issues and I don't have an ETA.     It should be easy but I've already spent more hours than I expected.     I'm expecting an update in 2-3 weeks, but that's not a promise since I'm uncertain about the fixes required yet.     While I'm at it, I intend to fix the issue raised with Retroarch as well.

Cheers!

This is great news. I recently purchased a Shield specifically for Hyperspin & as soon as I did the set up it upgraded to Android 11 :( I was looking at doing the whole downgrade thing but if there's a fix coming, I'll hold on. Thanks in advance for all the work & time spent on this, I know there are a lot of grateful retro gamers out there :) 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2022 at 4:42 PM, piddypoo said:

You are brave! I started, but couldn't get past 'fastboot oem unlock'. Terrified of bricking the stupid thing, something isn't jiving.  And, all the online instructions are a little different. Also, the warning of the 2019 Pro taking up to 2 hours to do a wipe sounds scary - we have sudden power outages around here, not risking it.  Did you downgrade a 2019 Pro?  How did it go for you? Flashing game systems never took THAT long!

My Shield was a 2019 Pro...sorry for the late respose...i used cmd to get into fastboot.. then a vm with linux installed to push the commands...

I downgraded the Shield OS over the weekend. Made a real mess of it to start & took way longer than it should have but that was more down to my bad luck & ineptitude than anything else 😀. Started trying to do it with my Mac by using instructions from different sources but only succeeded in breaking the Shield and getting stuck on a boot-loop. So I installed Parallels on my mac and tried to install the window's drivers from Invidia website (looked really straight forward from a video tutorial). Windows didn't recognising the .int driver file so I figured it might be because the trial version of Parallels I was using didn't have a full Windows set up. So... I purchased a windows 11 key (a cheap one 😃). This didn't solve the problem either. I was about to give up when I remembered my Dad had an old laptop  he hadn't used in a long time because it had become too slow so I went to his house and dusted it down. The thing was full of bloatware and crap so i spent an age cleaning it all up just so that it was usable. Downloaded the drivers & hey presto! it recognised them (Windows 10 so I'm guessing my earlier issue was because of Windows 11). Once this was done it was all plain sailing and now my Shield works fine. I nearly threw it out of the window a couple of times along the way though 🙃

On 1/16/2022 at 1:04 PM, reznnate said:

Cheers!

How's the update going?  You're probably doing this off the side of your desk and it can't be easy to catch up with years of changes to Android.  A lot of people are waiting for a fix and some (myself included) are willing to kick you some cash if you want/need it.  I also don't want to wait for you to release an update if you're not able to deliver; if it's dead it's dead and I'll move on to arc browser, but I need to know first.

2 hours ago, fred33 said:

Hi everyone, The first step will be updating hyperspin, but I also hope that the emulators will work well on android 11, because apparently many of them have problems accessing external support for roms.

My advice is move to something else supported on Android like ARC Browser  There is no commitment from anyone to get Hyperspin working with Android 11 on any timeline.  All we have is "but that's not a promise" and radio silence.  The time spent waiting for an update that will never come could be spent gaming with ARC browser. 

2-3Weeks.jpg

Hello

I have Hyperspin and many emulators, i did the nvidia shield update experience 9.0

Ok Hyperspin must be updated by developer, so i wait... we wait i must said.

But all other emulators works on android 11 (i must reinstall some of us for works but it's ok, the only who can't access file it's epsxe)

- dolphin work

- ppsspp work

- mdemu work

- pcemu work

- snes9x work

- mame4droid work

- redream work

- m64plusFZ work

- retroarch work

- yabasanshiro 2 pro work

- AetherSX2 work

Only epsxe can't access to my NAS shared rom folder, i have write to developer for tell him and he said he work on it

so if hyperspin developer can reply here for news please, thanks and i hope they can update it, and we are all with them for do it, thanks for do it.

• Like 1