Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Clones In Merged mode

ryuzaky

Hi guys, how can I get the clones show up in hyperspin if they are in just one zip file, I ve created a xml list with this clones but I cant get they show up and when try to launch a clone ,I get an error that rom couldnt be found. Ive made the proper set up in hyperhq and I have the xml list with them.

The database won't be able to find the clone roms because they are still within the parent zip rom.

You could download the split rom set, which has all of the parent and clone roms separated into their own zip files.

If you only want a few clone games and you have the merged set, you could just extract the clone zip file from the patent (merged) rom.

Thank you , I got it, Im splitting them with Clrmamepro althoug Id like to know if theres a way to get the clones show up in a merged way? Or they have to be in a not merged file mandatorily . Im not sure if it is cause I have to make some sep ups in rocketlauncher 

1 hour ago, floatingyeti said:

I don't think that's possible. Maybe with the Rom Mapping feature? 

I think you would have a much easier time simply downloading the MAME split rom set.

I think youre right , I was thinking of that, with rom mapping feature althoug I'll need to figure out how to use this feature , currently Im using HBMame to play clones instead of Mame since Mame emulator doesnt read most of clones roms . 

4 minutes ago, ryuzaky said:

I think youre right , I was thinking of that, with rom mapping feature althoug I'll need to figure out how to use this feature , currently Im using HBMame to play clones instead of Mame since Mame emulator doesnt read most of clones roms . 

I don't think you mean clones. Mame emulator reads all Mame roms!

The HB stands for "Home Brew"... it's used to play modified (non official) roms.

• Super Like 1

I guess HBMame will play official roms as well since it doesn't have the same hash and filename checks that Mame has????? Not sure, I kinda thought HBMame had it's own rom set.

RL's rom mapping is the feature you want to use for Merged sets... I have no info on how to use it though, and I have no interest in doing so. Any other Mame set will be easier to use.

It's possible Ryuzacky uncovered another use for HBMAME.

I might experiment with that. I like learning new emulation methods.

I have been aware of the rom mapping feature but haven't used it yet.

I've been wanting to split some mame roms that are dedicated consoles with multiple games into separate games with their own autoload save states.

As far as I know, MAME can't launch them with alternate names but Rom Mapping it might work.

If I figure it out, I will make a post to show the process.

• Super Like 1

2 hours ago, Spawk said:

I don't think you mean clones. Mame emulator reads all Mame roms!

The HB stands for "Home Brew"... it's used to play modified (non official) roms.

Thats right ,I was wrong ,the games Im trying to get them to show up are non oficial roms , these not could be clones ,but the question comes again , it is posible to link in any way hyperspin and rocket launcher (hbmame) and make them works if the non oficial roms are in just 1 zip file as example I got kof2002 but its size is 3.5 gb 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, floatingyeti said:

It's possible Ryuzacky uncovered another use for HBMAME.

I might experiment with that. I like learning new emulation methods.

I have been aware of the rom mapping feature but haven't used it yet.

I've been wanting to split some mame roms that are dedicated consoles with multiple games into separate games with their own autoload save states.

As far as I know, MAME can't launch them with alternate names but Rom Mapping it might work.

If I figure it out, I will make a post to show the process.

I think that would be really usefull ,cause I have not found a video explaing how to set up rom mapping feature properly. 

I never understood this feature myself as well. I thought it was a way to link a database to a romset with different names but never understood how.

And yes, HBMame has its own romset with unsupported games by the official Mame. A few years ago I was using it to play Pong which was emulated (or more like "simulated") by Mame then removed for a while.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...