Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Amiga demo wheel

mastermark

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone setup Amiga Demos in hyperspin ?? I got the games working great launching through WINUAE Launcher.

Can anyone talk me through just adding the demos too and also doing a .XML

Hi!

I have a guide for running the Amiga system with just WinUAE here: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?31472-Complete-Guide-for-Commodore-Amiga-in-HS-and-RL-Using-WinUAE-Only

But it works equally as well with floppy images.

There has also been some work done with adding games and demos to the wheel. Take a look at this: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?27858-*NEW*-Commodore-Amiga-XML-file

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ron

Yes, add it as normal. The only problem I see you having is a default emulator not showing up. To combat that either open the module and add the system name to the MSystem line. So it will read...

MEmu = WinUAE Loader
MEmuV = v1.74
MURL = http://headsoft.com.au/index.php?category=winuaeloader
MAuthor = djvj
MVersion = 2.0
MCRC = 558D1E8B
iCRC = 4E0EC826
MID = 635038268935640326
MSystem = "Commodore Amiga","[b]Commodore Amiga Demos[/b]"
;----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or uncheck "Valid Module/Emulator only"

post-9524-14287063685_thumb.jpg

post-9524-142870636853_thumb.jpg

I've tried mine again with WinUAE Loader and it just crashes, so I have given up with that for the moment.

As a different approach, I've added then to a genre xml, so they are separate. Works perfectly with Winuae, but I did try adding it to it's own wheel, but some demos don't load, and I'm yet to figure out why.

Right MasterMark, I have this working on a separate wheel using WinUAE, and all the demos I've tried are working, it just needed a tweak to the module.

If you've followed Rons guide to getting Amiga games running with WinUAE then you should be able to use this.

I've called my system Amiga Demos because it fits the wheel better, but if you want it called something else let me know. I will then have to send you the required files, if your interested.

That would be great would I have to change things back what I've messed with. Ie adding Amiga demos to the m/system lines

Don't change anything for the minute, I will change it back and I've knocked up a wheel image. Everything will be drag and drop, I will dropbox you the files.

I will attempt a vid snap.

So backup your original files from the WinUAE Modules folder, then replace them with whats in the Dropbox including the Commodore Amiga Demos.ini

You then need to go here and here. And maybe change your path to your WHD folder.

post-9524-142870637849_thumb.jpg

That should be all thats required, if you already have WinUAE setup.

I did a basic theme also.

post-9524-142870637851_thumb.jpg

post-9524-142870637847_thumb.jpg

Very interested in having this set up but where can I find the WHDLOAD demos?

(Should be fine to ask about this publicly since they aren't commercial and were released for free, etc...)

Demobase is around 11gb and is a real mess, there is also a TOSEC set on PD at 13gb. I think SIC put together a smaller package of the best demos, which he or I could happily share.

If I can clean up my Dropbox I could share the Demobase as well.

Archived