Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Amiga demo wheel

mastermark

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Demobase is around 11gb and is a real mess, there is also a TOSEC set on PD at 13gb. I think SIC put together a smaller package of the best demos, which he or I could happily share.

If I can clean up my Dropbox I could share the Demobase as well.

Yeah, I'd love to get my hands on the package of demos if possible. :)

I just end up sitting at an Amiga prompt when I run any of these demos. Any idea what I could be doing wrong? I've already properly set the path to the demos in the module config.

Have you setup your Amiga games to use WinUAE using Rons Guide? And they are working.

You then need to use the modified module and isd which is in my ftp folder, and point to the WHD folder. Remove the bezel offsets if not using bezels.

System name needs to be Commodore Amiga Demos, or I'm sure you know how to change that.

Have you setup your Amiga games to use WinUAE using Rons Guide? And they are working.

You then need to use the modified module and isd which is in my ftp folder, and point to the WHD folder. Remove the bezel offsets if not using bezels.

System name needs to be Commodore Amiga Demos, or I'm sure you know how to change that.

Yeah, I've done all that as well as the 7z disable and I'm still just getting the prompt.

Got the site download sorted mate but the video is not playing for me ive added it to Media/Main menu/video Is that correct

Yes that's right. I was going to pm you about that, have you renamed the theme to match the system name and put it in Media/Main menu/themes? I originally named it Default, which is wrong for a main menu, but it can be used on the sub wheel as well.

I dont have a Main Menu for my demo screen ?

Where is the log file located is it in HS folder as i got a file called log.txt

06:21:11 PM | HyperSpin Started

06:21:11 PM | Going FullScreen

06:21:12 PM | Checking for updates

06:21:12 PM | Update Check Complete

06:21:12 PM | Startup program unavailable

06:21:12 PM | Playing intro video

06:21:13 PM | Error intializing joysticks

06:21:13 PM | Menu Mode is multi

06:21:13 PM | Loading Main Menu.xml

06:21:13 PM | Main Menu.xml successfully loaded

06:21:14 PM | Main Menu wheel loaded successfully

06:21:25 PM | Loading Commodore Amiga Demos.xml

06:21:25 PM | Main Menu.xml successfully loaded

06:21:26 PM | Commodore Amiga Demos wheel loaded successfully

06:21:30 PM | Loading Main Menu.xml

06:21:30 PM | Main Menu.xml successfully loaded

06:21:30 PM | Main Menu wheel loaded successfully

06:22:17 PM | Loading Commodore Amiga Demos.xml

06:22:17 PM | Main Menu.xml successfully loaded

06:22:18 PM | Commodore Amiga Demos wheel loaded successfully

06:23:35 PM | Loading Main Menu.xml

06:23:35 PM | Main Menu.xml successfully loaded

06:23:36 PM | Main Menu wheel loaded successfully

06:23:38 PM | Exit program unavailable

06:23:38 PM | Quiting Hyperspin

06:23:38 PM | Bye!

Now i cant post nomore as ive used my 5 a day limit

????

Demobase is around 11gb and is a real mess, there is also a TOSEC set on PD at 13gb. I think SIC put together a smaller package of the best demos, which he or I could happily share.

If I can clean up my Dropbox I could share the Demobase as well.

The Demo package I use is the one that can be downloaded at http://kg.whdownload.com/kgwhd/ :)

I dont have a Main Menu for my demo screen ?

Where is the log file located is it in HS folder as i got a file called log.txt

Now i cant post nomore as ive used my 5 a day limit

????

I was responding to zerojay about the log, you shouldn't need to post one unless your still having problems running the demos.

The theme I knocked up can be used for the main menu, so name it "Commodore Amiga Demos" and drop it in Media>Main Menu>Themes. Same for the video, named the same, goes to Media>Main Menu>video.

You have the theme working in the sub wheel, but maybe just a background image would be better without the video.

I just end up sitting at an Amiga prompt when I run any of these demos. Any idea what I could be doing wrong? I've already properly set the path to the demos in the module config.

ZeroJay,

If you are getting the "Insert Workbench" screen, that means you do not have your "PathtoWHDFolder" set in the System Module Settings in HLHQ.

Thanks,

Ron

I not entirely sure what you mean Master, but if you want the video removed from the sub wheel theme, then try the attached file.

You can change the background just extract the Default.zip archive, delete the Background.png and add another, then zip up.

Default.zip

Archived