The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Looking to Pay for Help Polishing HS Setup

newoski

Hi Guys,

I've got all my emulators launching with HLHQ -- using the most up-to-date versions of everything -- but I'm having a terrible time with emulator window pop ups during game launching.

At this point, I've tried everything I can possibly think of and am ready to offer up some compensation to someone who really knows HS / HL and is willing to help polish my bartop setup:

i5-4670K

ASUS GTX660

19" Dell 1908FP monitor

1280x1024 Resolution

I'm in the Philadelphia area -- if anyone is relatively local, I'll be happy to drive to you -- or we can do TeamView etc.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Thanks very much,

Owen

Hi Guys,

I've got all my emulators launching with HLHQ -- using the most up-to-date versions of everything -- but I'm having a terrible time with emulator window pop ups during game launching.

At this point, I've tried everything I can possibly think of and am ready to offer up some compensation to someone who really knows HS / HL and is willing to help polish my bartop setup:

i5-4670K

ASUS GTX660

19" Dell 1908FP monitor

1280x1024 Resolution

I'm in the Philadelphia area -- if anyone is relatively local, I'll be happy to drive to you -- or we can do TeamView etc.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Thanks very much,

Owen

Owen,

I will take no pay, but maybe we can help. What do you mean by emulator window pop ups? Do you have Fade enabled in HyperLaunchHQ?

Thanks,

Ron

Not that I can tell. There are no indicators on screen that a resolution change is taking place.

Any way to monitor and know for sure?

you can lower your resolution and then launch HS and see if there is a difference to try and see if that is causing the issue or not

Was working on this also. As rfancella mentions, I don't see a fade screen appear, just the emulator loading process. Fade hides this process so the loading process seems seamless.

Try HyperlaunchHQ Settings- select system on left pane- Fade General tab (at top)- Fade In. Is this enabled? Enabling this setting turns it on for the selected system. Hyperlaunch, Hyperspin, emulators and other third party software (ex.- xpadder) are doing a lot of different things in the background during this time. If the Fade animation isn't on long enough and you still see loading popups, you may have to change the time in the Exit Delay block in milliseconds- 1000ms = 1 second. You can count how long it takes for the emulated game to fully appear and adjust the delay accordingly. Most of the time the default time "use_global" is long enough once fade is enabled. If not, change it.

Warning- only enable fade once the emulator is loading games properly. If any problems arise or popups appear, fade will hide these also and you won't know what problems to fix.

Archived