Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Is this possible with a controller?

SubZero

Hey guys, i am still building hard on all software and art stuff to get my htpc ready for console games. i have a question about the analog on a controller (xboxone) is it possible to map the analog stick so it thinks it's the mouse. it's handy for games like Popcap and stuff. on the other hand just curious about the ps4 joystick with the pad and stuff on it. what is possible with that? don't know if anyone tried stuff on the ps4 controller yet, i just want to know if the analog can be used as a mouse.

Thanks

and a whole other question, is there someone on this forum that can convert a Gamecube controller to usb! no i am not searching for an adapter i just want controllers that can be plugged into my usb. (and no the Retrolink Gamecube controllers suck! problems with button mapping)

With xpadder you can map analog joystick to mouse, tested with ps2 and xbox pad (useful to change on-the-fly fusion/nulldc settings). The problem is if the emulator/game uses rawinput instead of direct input it will not work. MAME builds, for example, will not work, a build with directinput enabled is mandatory.

You can do this with pinnacle game profiler as well. I found it really hard to play pop cap games using the analog stick as a mouse though. It's just not the same as having your hand around the mouse. You loose a lot of precision that comes naturally from that posture.

Archived