Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Highly recommend adding a HDMI out option to your build

connorsdad

So glad I added the HDMI out to my build, It enables me and my son to play the lego games on an external screen using wireless 360 controllers whilst sat on comfortable chairs :)

My vpin will have the same option, because the pc itself is high spec I will be able to play the latest pc games too. Arcade controls for authenticity and modern controls for comfort, best of both worlds, highly recommend it to anyone building a cabinet.

I'm similar to Connersdad but my desktop/gaming PC/HyperSpin is also connected to a projector via a Pioneer amp, one output from the GPU goes to the monitor the other to the AMP. I have the output from the Amp going through a Cablesson 2 way splitter, mainly because the HDMI cable to the PJ is 10 metres. The splitter boosts the signal a little as I noticed recently when playing Alien Isolation that there was noise on screen without it.

I did believe that buying expensive HDMI cables was a waste of time, but over a long run I would probably pay extra. I had just bought 2 $10 cables, 1 to go under the floor boards and the other to go up to the PJ. I tested these cheap cables before starting the renovations and they were unusable even with the splitter/booster; so I stuck with the original 10 metre good quality cable.

Here's a link to the splitter.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=cablesson+hdmi+splitter&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Acablesson+hdmi+splitter

I'm similar to Connersdad but my desktop/gaming PC/HyperSpin is also connected to a projector via a Pioneer amp, one output from the GPU goes to the monitor the other to the AMP. I have the output from the Amp going through a Cablesson 2 way splitter, mainly because the HDMI cable to the PJ is 10 metres. The splitter boosts the signal a little as I noticed recently when playing Alien Isolation that there was noise on screen without it.

I did believe that buying expensive HDMI cables was a waste of time, but over a long run I would probably pay extra. I had just bought 2 $10 cables, 1 to go under the floor boards and the other to go up to the PJ. I tested these cheap cables before starting the renovations and they were unusable even with the splitter/booster; so I stuck with the original 10 metre good quality cable.

Here's a link to the splitter.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=cablesson+hdmi+splitter&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Acablesson+hdmi+splitter

Thanks giga, the cheap splitter that I bought works fine displaying the desktop on both TVs but when I switch to a game like Call of Duty Advance Warfare I get an error on both TVs that says signal type not supported do you think the amplified splitter you recommended would cure this problem?

Thanks giga, the cheap splitter that I bought works fine displaying the desktop on both TVs but when I switch to a game like Call of Duty Modern Warfare I get an error on both TVs that says signal type not supported do you think the amplified splitter you recommended would cure this problem?

I can't guarantee it, but the important thing is it supports all resolutions and HDCP which is the required handshake between different equipment, so there shouldn't be an issue. There maybe a problem if you cab is outputting a lower res. Both of mine are 1080p. If it was me I would buy it and test it, if it didn't work I'd return it.

But really you should have other outputs on your GPU, can't you just connect another cable? What GPU do you have and what res is the cab?

I can't guarantee it, but the important thing is it supports all resolutions and HDCP which is the required handshake between different equipment, so there shouldn't be an issue. There maybe a problem if you cab is outputting a lower res. Both of mine are 1080p. If it was me I would buy it and test it, if it didn't work I'd return it.

But really you should have other outputs on your GPU, can't you just connect another cable? What GPU do you have and what res is the cab?

I'm using a Geforce 760 in my cab. I just ordered a dvi to HDMI adapter I'm going to try that.

Archived