Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

sharp x68000 setup

craiganderson

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Hey guys, just set up the Sharp X68000 using Craig's guide. (Huge thanks to him and everyone else who helped make this system work so well)

I am only left with one issue, and that is getting a permanent working configuration for player 2's controls.

I'm using an X-Arcade tankstick, which just sends standard keyboard commands.

For player 1, I use joykey mode in the XM6 emulator and have an ahk in Hyperlaunch that maps the z and x keys to LCtrl and LAlt. The arrow keys work as the directionals.

Problem is that joykey mode seems to want to control both controllers 1 and 2 at the same time, and I cannot seem to find a way to isolate the directional controls. (button setup is all I see when I click Setup for Device A or B  )

Can someone share their working setup for the second controller?

• 3 weeks later...

Guys.....trying to get the x68000 working but to no avail.

Setup all media fine, HS boots and displays x68000 wheel and media correctly, as soon as I select a game and try to start I get the emulator screen pop up and shows the x68000 boot image i have attached for a few seconds then shows the floppy diisk icon.

In hyperlaunch if I try and start a game it shows the x68000 image I have attached.

I haven't setup the bezel because I didn't want it and didn't think I needed to set it up if I wasn't using it?

I have used option 2 for the boot game setup, created the neccessary folders correctly and linked the extensions into Hyper HQ and Hyperlaunch HQ.

I have modified the global XM6 emulator to point to craigs one and the correct modules which were supplied in the download which I have replaced from the originals in the folder.

What am I doing wrong guys, sorry for the stoopid "noobness"!! Im sure I've done something spectacularly stupid. :wallbash:

post-15057-0-29381500-1435865615_thumb.jpg

post-15057-0-56942000-1435865631_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hello, Craig! Really sorry but my Windows "Open file" is "Открытие" (Very stupid literal translation in fact - like not "Open" but "Discovery" or even "Insight" instead...)

Could you help 1/5 part of Earth land to appreciate your hard work?

Thank you much.

post-22337-0-88354800-1444941644_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...

I can not find this version of the emulator for 32-bit English, only in Japanese, no longer exists in English for 32-bit?

I need this emulator in this version for 32-bit OS, help please >_<

You could test xm6i as that has a 32bit.version it looks like. Good luck.

• 7 months later...

hi craig i may be a little late after the party buy managed to download it all now i will just follow the texts and get this up and running ,once again a massive thumbs up and rep given to a valuable member of the emulator scene i just wish i had all you gigapig dvjdv and the many others members i sorry i have missed as my brain need a little time to recover , i have re-edited this twice now lol  brain forgets so please keep up the good work as it is full appreciated

Thumbs UP.png

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived