Fr0stbyt3 Arcade

Guest fr0stbyt3

Guest fr0stbyt3

Update: 10-5-12

Adding light guns! Big thanks to Drakin for all of his help with this. After hours of trial and error, I sent these over to drakin for him to take a look. After a while we realized the aimtraks themselves were faulty. Andy from ultimarc was fantastic and got replacements to use pretty quick. After a few test runs on paint, below is the result. Let me know what you think!

2012-09-27%2000.42.24.jpg

I decided simple was the best what to go. I didn't want something that would cover the artwork or the guns.

2012-10-05%2014.52.57.jpg2012-10-05%2014.53.07.jpg

2012-10-05%2014.53.58.jpg

If you are looking to get new guns for your arcade, contact Drakin or Myself. We would be glad to help.

---------

Just about done with my build, and I am already making plans for a pinball machine and a 2 seat racing rig.

But for now, here is "Frostbyte Arcade"

Specs:

AMD X2 6400

Gefore GTX 460 OC'd

6GB RAM

arcade%20inside.jpg

Prepped and ready for artwork

prepped2.pngprepped.png

I added some custom light with a few cold cathodes and some aluminum tape

marquee.png

Finally, Artwork applied!

marquee.png

2012-06-28%2006.06.53.jpg2012-06-28%2006.11.20%20copy.jpg

tankstick.JPG

2012-06-28%2006.22.21.jpg

Quick shot of what it looks like in my office.

2012-06-27-07.52.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fr0stbyt3

I wanted to thank the community for all your help getting me this far

A big thanks to the following vendors

Artwork

dsign.jpg

Printer - Lucian045!

bowman.png

Hardware

paradise.jpg

one.jpg

www.recroommasters.jpg

I'm glad theres a fellow extension arcade cab owner, they are not ugly at all. I too had to modify the marquee area to allow a real light up marquee. It looks great!

Well Done!

BTW, I'm gonna be adding lightguns myself, keep this updated as I'm curious how to integrate holsters and the sensor bar myself.

Guest fr0stbyt3
I'm glad theres a fellow extension arcade cab owner, they are not ugly at all. I too had to modify the marquee area to allow a real light up marquee. It looks great!

Well Done!

BTW, I'm gonna be adding lightguns myself, keep this updated as I'm curious how to integrate holsters and the sensor bar myself.

Look at the marquee again, if you look just below you will see the light sensor. (The little dots).

I am thinking of cutting holes on either side of the door, then putting holsters inset at an angle. That way there not in the way while using the tankstick. Thoughts?

Guest fr0stbyt3
Are those "clear" buttons? Can you change the colors via software or do you have to change out the LED? I am looking for buttons and a trackball that I can change color from software.

If you're does this can you link me to the place you bought 'em?

Yes the buttons are clear, you can get the from paradisearcadeshop.com . They are in fact controlled by 2 led-wiz controllers.

This is my fiance having far too much fun testing this at 3am

[YOUTUBE HD]UaXEwdz_1SY[/YOUTUBE HD]

I am waiting on the trackball from groovygamegear.com to come back in stock, the underside of the trackball is already rgb led.

Specs:

20x Clear Buttons - http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/en/pushbuttons/275-clear-il-translucent-pushbutton-psl-l.html

20x RGB LED - http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/en/arcade-pinball-leds/100-il-lumination-rgb-5vdc-led.html

2x LED player buttons - http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/en/led-chrome-pushbuttons/35-led-pushbutton-with-bw-insert.html

2x LED Wiz - http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=239&zenid=tel7shgdct12hq96kclo8e1996

1x USB hub (only 1 new USB to my pc)

Look at the marquee again, if you look just below you will see the light sensor. (The little dots).

I am thinking of cutting holes on either side of the door, then putting holsters inset at an angle. That way there not in the way while using the tankstick. Thoughts?

The angle way is the way to go, I never liked holsters on sides of cabs. I already have a huge hole in my lower door cause I bought the xarcade coin door, I am afraid 2 more holes on either side might be to much I don't want the particle board crumbling in.

O yea I see the led light bar now hehe.

Guest fr0stbyt3

I am afraid to actually do the math. :cool:

I would say right around 2k, but I needed tools as well. I suppose you could do it for much cheeper. My roommate works at an arcade distributor. They throw away some of the older cabs about once a month now. If I was to do it again, I might see what they have first.

Guest fr0stbyt3
nice looking cab, is this your design or a purchased cab?

That was bought; I needed something with less of a profile than standard cabs (because the used tube screens) they where much larger.

Guest fr0stbyt3
I would personally put a couple of Happ holsters on the sides of the cab, putting them anywhere near the front will lead to constant knocking from players knees!!

I know but I don't wanna hide my artwork :)

Archived