Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

New Bartop taking shape

richie_jones

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha yes mike it really comes to life with the LEDs behind....your side art will be on soon!!! Pics to follow..

Hey richie, what did you use to backlight it and where did you get it from? Am thinking to use a USB strip light or something in mine but I've no clue which one to use or how well it will look.

Mackdaddi,

you only need one in the cab, you will just have to cut a small section off the end to get it to fit.

I tried two in there initially and it was too bright for the Marquee. for reflection just use a piece of cardboard cut to size and covered with tinfoil. attach the led strip to the centre of the foil.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks mike

As you can see I ended up buying the ergo touchpad, rather than modding a laptop unit. Really useful for the Amiga games and pc games like peggle etc..

Tapping for left click works to was worried I'd have to use one of the buttons..

I've ordered one - i'll let you know how i get on with it

Looks brilliant mate! That art work really pops you must be very happy with it,are all the emulators running?

All emulators are working yes, although I have started to remove a few after realising that some consoles just don't work with a joystick and 6 buttons, I've removed all the ps1 stuff, N64 think that ones going to go, I may reinstall them some day with maybe a Bluetooth pad or something...

Very nice !!! :)

Visual and technical: 10/10

For me the positioning of the gaming buttons is not the best, but if you are comfortable with it....

How difficult was the covering with the stickers.

Didn't you have any problems with airbubbles ?

Did you use water ?

Very nice !!! :)

Visual and technical: 10/10

For me the positioning of the gaming buttons is not the best, but if you are comfortable with it....

How difficult was the covering with the stickers.

Didn't you have any problems with airbubbles ?

Did you use water ?

Thanks

The buttons do look at a steep angle from the pic but there not that bad. The bartop needs to be at the correct height for comfortable play.

The gfx were a dream to apply..if you use Lucian from these forums then his air release material will give you a bubble free application, I've never seen anything like it works every time.

I only used water on the marquee as that is not air release....I have one pesky bubble in the marquee but only I can see it!!!!

All emulators are working yes, although I have started to remove a few after realising that some consoles just don't work with a joystick and 6 buttons, I've removed all the ps1 stuff, N64 think that ones going to go, I may reinstall them some day with maybe a Bluetooth pad or something...

I'm using usb to controller adaptors for the console games.

Far easier playing the games with original controllers than the cp.

Sent from my mind, using the psychic friends network..

Wow Richie, great job mate. You took your time but it turned out amazingly in the end. The vinyl graphics are gorgeous, it's definitely the way I'm gonna go if I build another cab. The control panel looks great.

On the emulators, I think you're right about the N64, it doesn't really work with a stick and buttons, the controller was too wierd to adapt. I just keep that emulator on the machine for mario kart, but I may just hide that wheel using hyper HQ. NES, SNES, Master system and Mega Drive work great, and ive got some of the pro pinball games on there as well, in the PC games section. I'd love to put street fighter 4 on there, but I'd need to upgrade the motherboard, processor, and ram to run it, so that's a project for the future.

Have you thought about sticking a tiny pin into your air bubble in your marquee to let the air out and flattening it down?

Archived