Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Is Zinc Necessary?

newoski

I too have been wondering about Zinc. I added it to my setup but have yet to finish actually setting it up to play the games. Looking through the romlist, I see games like Aqua Rush and Ehrgeiz are included in MAME, but games like Beastorizer and Bloody Roar are not. Is there a list of which games should be kept and then run in MAME, or do I need to check them title-by-title?

I'm wondering why Zinc exists in the first place. Why are some of these roms not included in the MAME set?

• 9 months later...

If the games work/look good in mame I probably would play them in mame but I have to say the games on the Sega Model 2 emulator look kick ass so if Zinc makes the games look kick ass then I would use Zinc for them. In the process of setting up Zinc right now just downloading a few things that I need (hint hint).

I will agree that there is way too much  overkill and just because going on in most  HS setups... definitely no need for systems that emulate the same games but if certain emulators make the gaming experience better than I say keep em! I also think there is a difference with keeping games accurate to the way they looked (ex: older arcade games from the 80s, etc) and with games being enhanced to what they should have looked like (if that makes sense) a lot of games should have looked better to beginb with so if certain emulators allow you to bring that out in the games... im all for it.

Honestly ....after as many emulator/games ....it does become a bit daunting trying to find some games....as well as there is just too much fluff on my hd....Im thinking about getting rid of all of the stuff I will never use.

Zx spectrum

Alot of the hand helds...etc.

A friend pointed this out to me recently "For as cool as it looks...you have alot of shit on here (garbage)" The more I look...Im beginning to agree.

Getting rid of zinc is the beginning of the uncluttering.

I had that same realization a few months ago so I decided to delete everything that wasn't arcade hardware (except for modern PC/Steam arcade style games). So I removed all handhelds, weird pc systems and all console games. I also deleted all the emulators that ran them and deleted 54,000+ roms, ISO's files and all their associated media.

And you know what? I like this cab waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better without all that. Those that played it before and after like it a lot more without that stuff too.

But then you will see all the talk of people mentioning how they have 200 systems on hs and you will be all like awwww man my setup is so puny compared to theirs.

I love my puny setup. I have 1 gb of games and have many systems complete up to n64, then for all new systems I excluded the Barbies Dream House type games I will never play.

Archived