Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

display controller image over fullscreen

craiganderson

does Hyperlaunch provide a mechanism to display an image (lets say controller image) over a screen running fullscreen (not bezeled)??

[kinda like the instruction cards do in bezel mode]

basically i would like to display (in response to a key press) an image of my controls while in fullscreen mode

thanks

craig

For Mame at least the bezel has to be on for IC's to function, marxkemp in his video has an active bezel, but the question here is for full screen IC's.

There is a way around it but it may not work for all emulators as it is Emu dependent.

You can have bezels set to true and not have any bezels in the folder. Bleasby has added a Full screen bezel option in HLHQ. Switch this to true and you can normally press the bezel change key to cycle through the bezels and then once all bezels have shown

you eventually get the game to go full screen. Having no bezels and you will just get the game at full screen and also instruction cards.

When we did the Mame Artwork Bezel Project we added a full screen transparent image to basically do the same thing; you could try that also if the above does not work.

Another thing would be to ask Bleasby if it is possible to have Bezels and IC's independent of each other, if they are not already.

post-9524-14287066983_thumb.jpg

for not im not going to do the fullscreen to instruction card option

here is what i am doing..just fyi

in bezel folder i have a _Default folder with a default bezel for all system.....thus used for all systems

....black background

....black vertical stripe up both sides

and then a separate folder for each system with an instruction card that will hold the image of the controller eventually

so far so good

i hit my key ("1" for now and the controller image fades in , hit again, fades out...._

thank u everybody

craig

VvbmIhbcgHU

J_J2VvbzoEo

Can you guys clarify what you've done please.

I far as I'm concerned both Bezels and IC's have to be set to true even if you put the IC in \Bezels\Mame\_default\ and then if your game folder has IC's in there, the _Default won't show.

yup. Pig is right. If I have specific game IC's it wont work as on my video. My guess is to do something with the positions options in hlhq

update: Created a "IC Menu Left - Controller 01 - bottomCenter.png" file in _default with my controller image.. and hooked it up to my "L" key in HLHQ at Left Menu Key.

Now i can change my IC's from street fighter 3rd strike with Z X C V keys and my general controller file shows up with L

I can't get this working at all. I've tried placing "IC Menu Left - Controller 01 - bottomCenter.png" in HyperLaunch\Media\Bezels\Atari 2600\_Default, have ICs enabled and bezels enabled in HLHQ, also have fullscreen bezel set to true. When I try using my keyboard shortcut to access the IC menu or a key mapped to show the left menu, nothing happens. Can someone be a little more concrete and share their config or something instead of these little snippets of what to do?

Thanks guys :)

Archived