Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Cannot Start a game :(

gunit

Apologies I know this subject has been brought up before but I just can't seem to get it to work. When I load up hyperspin and select a machine, I then get the option to choose/start the game but the enter key does not work. I have checked the keys and they are set as enter for start and I have also tested a game via rocketlauncher which strangerly does let me use the enter key to start the game.

Please could anyone help ? Thanks for reading

G

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you can see, the log suggests that I have launched the game but it does not :( just stays on the video of the game.

09:14:00 PM |  Launching Game
09:14:00 PM |  Using HyperLaunch
09:14:00 PM |  Getting HyperLaunch path
09:14:00 PM |  HyperLaunch located at H:\Hyperspin\HyperLaunch.exe
09:14:00 PM |  Running HyperLaunch.exe
09:14:00 PM |  HyperLaunch Command Line is: H:\Hyperspin\HyperLaunch.exe "Nintendo Entertainment System" "Addams Family, The (USA)"
09:14:01 PM |  Launching Game
09:14:01 PM |  Using HyperLaunch
09:14:01 PM |  Getting HyperLaunch path
09:14:01 PM |  HyperLaunch located at H:\Hyperspin\HyperLaunch.exe
09:14:01 PM |  Running HyperLaunch.exe
09:14:01 PM |  HyperLaunch Command Line is: H:\Hyperspin\HyperLaunch.exe "Nintendo Entertainment System" "Addams Family, The (USA)"
09:14:02 PM |  Launching Game
09:14:02 PM |  Using HyperLaunch
09:14:02 PM |  Getting HyperLaunch path
09:14:02 PM |  HyperLaunch located at H:\Hyperspin\HyperLaunch.exe
09:14:02 PM |  Running HyperLaunch.exe
09:14:02 PM |  HyperLaunch Command Line is: H:\Hyperspin\HyperLaunch.exe "Nintendo Entertainment System" "Addams Family, The (USA)"
09:14:04 PM |  Loading Main Menu.xml
09:14:04 PM |  Main Menu.xml successfully loaded
09:14:04 PM |  Main Menu wheel loaded successfully
09:14:07 PM |  Exit program unavailable
09:14:07 PM |  Quiting Hyperspin
09:14:07 PM |  Bye!

09:14:02 PM |  HyperLaunch v2.25c
09:14:02 PM |  System Specs:
        HyperSpin Dir: H:\Hyperspin
        OS Language: 0409
        OS Admin Status: No
        Monitor #1 (\\.\DISPLAY1): 1920x1080 (1920x1040 work)
        HyperSpin Res: 800x600
        AHK Version: 1.1.07.03
09:14:02 PM |  HyperLaunch received "Nintendo Entertainment System" and "Addams Family, The (USA)"
09:14:02 PM |  INI Keys read
09:14:02 PM |  Possible duplicate launch.  is already running, closing HyperLaunch

according to your log

you are using  

09:14:02 PM |  HyperLaunch v2.25c

your hyperlaunch path is 

09:14:00 PM |  Getting HyperLaunch path
09:14:00 PM |  HyperLaunch located at H:\Hyperspin\HyperLaunch.exe

you need to open your Hyperspin Settings.ini and update  your Hyperlaunch path to match your rocketlauncher path

second you should update to hyperspin 1.4 if you are using Rocketlauncher.

this line needs to be updated  

09:14:02 PM |  HyperLaunch Command Line is: H:\Hyperspin\HyperLaunch.exe "Nintendo Entertainment System" "Addams Family, The (USA)"

Hyperspin 1.3 is not smart enough to distinguish from Hyperlaunch and Rocketlauncher.  If you like to keep version 1.3 you will need to run the transition tool to update your command line arguments.

1.4 is beta, would it not be wise to avoid for now ? I am also a little concerned on how I update Hyperspin. Also should I delete hyperlaunch as I have rocketlauncher ?

ok my setup was wrong but all sorted now :) - was missing the copy of RocketLauncher.exe that you rename to Hyperlaunch.exe - all works fine now and I have had a taste of some old skool NES games :)

Thanks for the help anyway

I think its because HyperHQ looks for Hyperlaunch.exe - so you trick the process by copying (not deleteing) and renaming the rocketlauncher to Hyperlaunch.

I figured that after reading your post but is there not a real way to correct this it seems like something that would had been done with the launch of rocketlauncher and hyperspin beta

Hi, as mentioned above by 32Assassin, run the RL Transition Tool to fix this.  Even if it's a fresh RL install, Hyperspin 1.3 is not aware so tries to use HyperLaunch still.  Run the transition tool, input/browse to the HyperLaunch folder (normally same as Hyperspin), then choose the HS version eg 1.3 and click the "Convert Hyperspin only" button.  This will fix the MAME wheel settings (check HyperHQ after to see the changes), and will also fix any other wheels using hyperlaunch, and point them to RocketLauncher

L3K

Apologies all however i have basically done what you have mentioned ZeBeDee32 but this does not fix the problem for me . I can get everything working through Rocket launch & Hyper spin shows the game i want to play but it just wont execute the game .

i must be missing something as even with hyperspin 1.3 and using the transition tool i have to be doing something wrong and i think it has to do with the Hyperlaunch/ Rocket Launch naming which is confusing me to no end .

Tonight i am going to start again for the 3rd time :(

Do you think if i download Hyperspin 1.4 it may fix the issue or possibly i am still missing something ?

your thoughts would be appreciated 

thanks all

• 4 months later...

Dont know if this would help anybody but i was having the same issue. HS would not launch a game but it would work fine in RocketLauncher when tested.  Settings / paths were all correct but what i noticed is my RL was running as Administrator but HS was not. Enabled admin rights on HS and it worked. :thumbsup:

I am using HL 1.4.

• 5 months later...
[sOLVED!!!] FULL INSTRUCTIONS TO GET Future Pinball WORKING ON HYPERSPIN 1.4 & ROCKETLAUNCHER (FROM SCRATCH):

(Assuming you have already downloaded RocketLauncher, HyperSpin 1.3, and replaced the HyperSpin 1.3 exe with the HyperSpin 1.4 exe and also replaced the "scripts" folder that came with the HyperSpin 1.4 download)

Point HyperSpin toward the correct location and program

1) Open HyperSpin\Settings\Settings.ini

2) Change the tenth line down to the following:

Hyperlaunch_Path=C:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe

(Note: Hyperlaunch is the old name for RocketLauncher. Don't change "Hyperlaunch_Path" just change the directory entry to point toward RocketLauncher.exe in your system. Obviously if your RocketLauncher.exe file is not located in your "C" drive then don't put "C" put the correct drive letter.)

Configure RocketLauncher so it can "talk" with HyperSpin:

1) Open RocketLauncherUI.exe, go to "RocketLauncherUI" tab at top of screen

2) Click on "Frontends" tab, then on green "+" button, and add HyperSpin 1.4 to the Frontends list

Name: HyperSpin 1.4

Path: Locate the HyperSpin 1.4 exe on your drive

RocketLauncherUI Plugin: Auto-Detect

RocketLauncher Plugin: HyperSpin

3) Select HyperSpin 1.4 Frontend that you just created so that it highlights it in the list.

4) Click the circle with red dot icon above "Path" (Still in the RocketLauncherUI tab)

Add Future Pinball to RocketLauncher:

1) Click green "+" symbol at top left of RocketLauncherUI screen (Under "Select a System")

Choose System Name: Future Pinball

Select Emulator: (Click green "+" to create emulator...then...

Name: Future Pinball

Path: Point to your systems Future Pinball.exe file

Rom Extensions: fpt

Module: Future Pinball (Will be in the list if RocketLauncher is up to date)

GUI Path: (LEAVE THIS BLANK)

CLI Parameters: (LEAVE THIS BLANK)

(DO NOT CHECK VIRTUAL EMULATOR)

Select Rom Path(s): Point to your systems rom path with Future Pinball (.fpt) tables (make sure all of your tables and their associated files are in one folder, not invarous folders)

Database Creation: Generate Database from Rom Path

(Click next, look at "Overview" if you want, then click "Finish")

Set up HyperHQ so that HyperSpin knows what tables you have:

1) Open HyperHQ.exe

2) Click on "Wheel Settings" tab

3) Click "Choose a Wheel" drop down, and Select "Future Pinball"

Configure settings:

Execution: HyperLaunch (This is "RocketLauncher" they are just using its old name "HyperLaunch")

PC Game: Disabled

Executable: (LEAVE THIS BLANK - IF YOU DO NOT YOUR TABLES WILL NOT LAUNCH IN HYPERSPIN - THIS IS THE ERROR YOU FIND ALL OVER GOOGLE AND HS FORUMS)

Rom Path: Point to your systems rom path with Future Pinball tables/associated Future Pinball files

Params: (Leave this blank)

Extensions: fpt

Use Full Path To Roms: Enabled

Search Subfolders: Enabled

WinState: HIDDEN

Command Line Preview: (This should be auto filled in, but in case it's not type the following exactly as it appears here immediately after this parentheses->)HyperLaunch.exe "Future Pinball" "RomName"

Note: HyperHQ auto saves as soon as you make any changes so you can close out of the program if you like or leave it open if you'd rather, but you're done with it for the Future Pinball setup.

Open HyperSpin.exe, locate "Future Pinball" in your list, select your favorite pinball table, hit start, and have fun!

On a side note not related to my directions above: If you get an error in HyperSpin about the xml file being invalid just locate the xml in "Databases" in both the HyperSpin and RocketLauncherUI folders, right click on them, click edit, and find the table "300" it has one too many quotation marks (") (you'll see three of them in a row, delete one of them and save the file before you close it)

On another side note: If you get an "XML cannot be found" error just locate the appropriate system XML in the RocketLauncher/RocketLauncherUI/Databases folder and copy the file, then paste it in the appropriate system folder in HyperSpin/Databases (both programs, RocketLauncher and HyperSpin, need the XML file to work correctly).

• 2 weeks later...

Dont know if this would help anybody but i was having the same issue. HS would not launch a game but it would work fine in RocketLauncher when tested.  Settings / paths were all correct but what i noticed is my RL was running as Administrator but HS was not. Enabled admin rights on HS and it worked. :thumbsup:

I am using HL 1.4.

Thankyou. I have been doing this for 2 days now and have followed numerous tutorials. I was ready to hurt somebody! ...LOL

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dont know if this would help anybody but i was having the same issue. HS would not launch a game but it would work fine in RocketLauncher when tested. Settings / paths were all correct but what i noticed is my RL was running as Administrator but HS was not. Enabled admin rights on HS and it worked. :thumbsup:

I am using HL 1.4.

Reviving this topic I ran into something similar..

For some odd reason, from what I've noticed, I cannot always launch only certain games for SNES using retroarch, no matter what the core. The funniest thing is that it happens only when hyperspin is set to a full screen resolution where the Taskbar is hidden.

When I set to window mode so I can see rocketlauncher working, it works just fine.

I honestly cannot pinpoint the issue. I basically go into my snes wheel and push the controller button to run the game. Nothing happens and the controller does not work. I have to use the keyboard to go back a screen. Then it the controller will work again. I try again and no luck.

This happens with Super Mario World (USA) and it's frustrating.

Anyone has any idea on what this could be?

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

I know this may be old now but I had the same problem and still cannot find a solution anywhere, so here's what I did and it works! Nothing to do with running as administrator, try to load a game in Hyperspin and if the error message is anything like mine it says cannot find RocketLauncher\RocketLauncherUI\Databases\Sega Model 2\Sega Modle 2.xml (or whatever emulator you're trying to run, see attached image). This is because the Databases folder which contains all the required .xml files is not in the RocketLauncherUI folder but actually in Hyperspin\Databases. So I just went to my Hyperspin folder, copied the Databases folder and pasted it into RocketLauncher\RocketLauncherUI\, it replaces the existing databases folder and your games work through Hyperspin. This probably isn't the correct way to do it, but I've tried all the other suggestions and nothing worked. Hope this helps.

post-124566-0-51488100-1472413125_thumb.jpg

This has just bitten me. I just changed the Settings.ini file for HyperSpin to point to RocketLauncher.exe in place of HyperLaunch.

I have taken the above steps (long in the past, verified just now) and the error message I see (when trying to launch a game in MAME in this example) is:

"Cannot find S:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncherUI\Databases\MAME\MAME.xml"

Indeed, there is no such file. When I launch anything (MAME, or any number of other emulators) from RocketLauncherUI everything works fine.

RocketLauncher version is 1.0.1.7. HyperSpin is version 1.4.16.

Any suggestions?

Archived