Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperpin 2.0 Feature Requests

Dazz

I posted this on VPUNiverse.com, but need to make you guys aware of this here. We have a good conversation going on in the VPU thread already regarding this. Please feel free to add to our conversation. http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/414-hyperpin-20-feature-requests

BBB and I have been discussing HyperPin 2.0. HyperPin has always been a free application, but it's the primary reason as to why this hobby is where it is right now. If it weren't for HyperPin we wouldn't be seeing any of the advancements in Virtual Pinball that we are seeing today. I have been trying to talk BBB into creating an updated HyperPin with new features. Unfortunately, BBB has very little motivation to put the necessary time and effort into creating a new version of HyperPin.

We are looking into creating a Kickstarter for HyperPin 2.0 development. However, before we do that we need to get a feel of what kind of features we want to see in HyperPin 2.0.

At this time we would like to open up HyperPin feature requests.

Below are a couple of the features that I would like to see.

Update to Flash 10 to take advantage of hardware acceleration

Zipped Media Packs

Fully customizable menus

omg, count me in for a kickstarter donation.

1). I think running multiple versions of a progrma or just anyprogram for anything in an xml. That way vp8 can run along with vp9.x along with any future program such as Pinball FX or pinball arcade when it eventually comes out. I just saw a ultracade at a WOZ opening party in PA and couldn't believe it was really a hyperpin program, except I think my cabinet is 10x better.

2). I would like better filtering of tables, such as bowling, early SS, B2S, etc.

3). sub menus maybe

4). LEDWiz integration?

5). PinDMD1 & 2 with hyperDMD and hyperspin

I enjoy hyperpin everyday, I'm addicted to adding tables, media, tweaks. Thanks BBB and all authors of tables for what you have given the world.

settings.ini has primary and secondary monitor support,I'd like to see a third monitor support to put the backglass on the third monitor,this would solve the problems I am facing.Of course I am prepared to donate for this feature alone.I could be wrong in assuming this feature isnt there Im just not seeing it,anyway BBB...I'd like this.Thanx in advance.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dazz, any updates you can provide on the Kickstarter or donation initiative ? I'm eager to donate if that will help motivate BBB to resurrect this project. I'd love to help in other ways too if this is going to be a group effort ?

• 1 month later...
omg, count me in for a kickstarter donation.

2). I would like better filtering of tables, such as bowling, early SS, B2S, etc.

Would love to see this... custom filters so I could put all my "sports"-theme tables together, my "TV/Movie"-themes, etc. That way when I host a Halloween party, I can filter to just show Addams Family, Monster Bash, Tales from the Crypt, Elvira, etc. :)

• 1 month later...
anymore news about a possible HyperPin 2.x?

Nothing, there will be none for the foreseeable future either. If so, there will be an official announcement, till then, try holding off on asking about it to avoid opening that can of worms again.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would like to have HyperSpeech on HyperPin 2.0

but with pinball names : "Addams Family, Attack From Mars, Apollo 13 etc."

That is a cool feature ... but for me personally, even just watching the video for a short time ... it got old. With HP in attract mode I would get really annoyed in a short time. Now if the voice was not the same all the time and could be randomized with the different voices that are included in windows that could work.

Can't wait for HP 2.0 to "Wow Me" .... any official News ?..?..?

Archived