Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Tutorials on setting up Amiga in Hyperspin ?

gunit

Working now as removed that .key file :)

budget is tight due to the bartop coming in at £900 all in. Also I just ordered another 2tb harddrive plus paid out on hyperpsin membership and emumoves. The bank is officially closed on this project.

Not really that great (i5 processor etc), but all bought new as I wanted to see if it was viable to build more in the future ( the foamex board is not cheap either!). I think it will be a one off for me and the Son to play :)

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, bigfraz5 said:

How do you map game pad to the amiga emulator to make it work, ?

tried stand alone and through hyperspin, can someone send a screenshot of there layout or point in right direction!??

thanks.

Try this.

Start WinUAE, then load your config.

Select Game Ports in the left pane and then look for Port 2.

From the drop down choose your game pad, then under that you should see three smaller boxes then left two having drop downs as well.

From the middle one you can choose "Game Pad" or "JoyStick or even the CD32 pad if you set CD32 also. Those are the original controllers your Game Pad will be emulating.

Edit: Save your config.

• 10 months later...
On 27-6-2015 at 2:31 PM, gigapig said:

Clucking bell, that £900 bartop must have some serious bling on it. Can't they throw in WhdLoad key @ only £15. Do you a free key ring ;)

Guys... Perhaps you already heard about it, but I just found out that WHDLoad is now free for use since version 18.2.

Registration

Starting with WHDLoad release 18.2 a registration is neither required nor possible. Please update to the latest available WHDLoad version."

Source:
http://www.whdload.de/reg.html

• 1 year later...

I know this post is old, but if anyone is out there...  I'm a newbie trying to follow the tutorial for setting up the Amiga in Hyperspin.  According to the video I just watched (and a few other posts), the Rom.Key file is required for a successful install.  I'm confused as to whether I need the file or not.  The Amiga Forever technical help guy told me it hasn't been used since 1997.  The post above says it isn't needed.  I feel like a cat chasing its tale.  I'd really appreciate it if someone could explain what is going on.  The video i'm following is the simplest set of instructions I"ve found yet, so I was hoping to stick to the instructions.

44 minutes ago, tmart1234 said:

I know this post is old, but if anyone is out there...  I'm a newbie trying to follow the tutorial for setting up the Amiga in Hyperspin.  According to the video I just watched (and a few other posts), the Rom.Key file is required for a successful install.  I'm confused as to whether I need the file or not.  The Amiga Forever technical help guy told me it hasn't been used since 1997.  The post above says it isn't needed.  I feel like a cat chasing its tale.  I'd really appreciate it if someone could explain what is going on.  The video i'm following is the simplest set of instructions I"ve found yet, so I was hoping to stick to the instructions.

The post above refers to WHDLoad which is like a ROM set (best way I can describe it) which until a few years ago required a registration key that you purchased from the site. That key and purchase is no longer required.

What you do need though is the Kickstart ROMs (Amiga bios files) which the emulator will use to emulate the various versions of the Amiga.

I hope that clears things up a little.

Arghh!  So... Is there something I'm missing for multi-disk games?  My first priority is to get the TV Sports games working.  I can't get anything to run that has two adf's in the zip file.  If I'm supposed to separate the disks into separate zip files, I don't know how I'd match them to the xml database.  If I'm supposed to leave them in the zip file is there a naming convention for the compressed files?  Or are there other settings in WINUAE that I'm missing?

Hi. For my old setup I used winUAE Loader. With this loader the CLI Windows showing the WHDLoad informations were suppressed. With avar’s setup everything works fine but I see the CLI Windows while booting. Is there a way to hide these? If I use fade in, it stops when the CLI Window appears. Any suggestions? Thanks. 

Archived