Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

DosBox Help

mccorkled

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just like any emulator, have it working outside RL/HS first. Those configuration files should be associated with dosbox so if you double click from explorer, does it start correctly? If not, fix that first and then telling RL where u keep all your configuration files is easy.

Sent from my SGH-I467M using Tapatalk

Just like any emulator, have it working outside RL/HS first. Those configuration files should be associated with dosbox so if you double click from explorer, does it start correctly? If not, fix that first and then telling RL where u keep all your configuration files is easy.

When I double click the config I get this error in DOSBox

2n1x1mc.png

It is trying to mount your conf directory... not right. Also is trying to mount to drive c: Need to mount the directory you installed the game to as c: and the iso as drive d:

It is trying to mount your conf directory... not right. Also is trying to mount to drive c: Need to mount the directory you installed the game to as c: and the iso as drive d:

Here is my config file.....

imgmount d "Z:/Hyperspin/Emulators/Microsoft MS-DOS/ROMS/Stonkeep/Stonkeep.iso" -t iso

c:

cd stonkeep

sk

Honestly, dfend looks a lot easier! I was around in the 2x86 Era typing in dos commands so this comes naturally to me. But if you are getting frustrated wipe it clean and start afresh with that. I can work more with you if are interested in learning tho. I just can't do much right now as I am at work for the next 8 has or so... and am going purely off memory. If you have a non CD game working, have a look at its configuration...

Yes essentially what you need to configure in RocketLauncher is simply setup the ROM to point to D-Fend Reloaded config folder. As for booting the ISO, make sure you added the mounting drive to the script first, which is done automatically if you use the D-Fend Reloaded UI. There is also no need to use Daemon Tools Lite or any Virtual CD tools to mount the ISO.

As with all DOS games that requires CD, make sure you first install the game program using the wizard:

attachicon.gifScreenHunter_32 Jul. 19 02.36.jpg

attachicon.gifScreenHunter_33 Jul. 19 02.36.jpg

attachicon.gifScreenHunter_30 Jul. 19 02.30.jpg

attachicon.gifScreenHunter_31 Jul. 19 02.32.jpg

Let me know if it is still unclear and I'll be more than happy to help you out. More love for the MS-DOS :-)

Ok, I did all this but now when I try to launch the game I get this...

2n99ra8.png

holy hell, I just tried to get stonekeep running in d-fend reloaded for the last two hours.  mounting a drive, doing the install, bla bla bla, having an autoexec bat starting script.  I could never get anything but error messages.  From RAM headers to HMI files missing.  Nightmare.  Seems as though this was one of those wonky games of the win95 and DOS CD-ROM era combined.  Not an easy setup like true dos games are, where everything was just in their folder.  Or present on the cd-rom.  Try some other dos games, see if you can get those to work.  Maybe some genius can get this to actually mount and run off the cd.  But I couldn't get past the second screen on the cd-rom where it asked me to change ram headers in the debug.c file LOL.

I did not install the game using dfend because it is already installed with dosbox. The game works fine when I play it but I am still having trouble getting it to load automatically.

I made the config file and put this in it...

imgmount d Z:\Hyperspin\Emulators\Microsoft MS-DOS\ROMS\Stonekeep\Stonekeep.iso -t iso

c:

cd stonkeep

sk

When I try to load the game in hyperspin I get this error

5n9jbo.png

I then added in the emulator information into RLUI

2isvdco.png

and now I am getting this error.

2v29yl4.png

You're almost there now. Just add an additional prof to your D-Fend Reloaded emulator in the Rom extension and you're good to go. By the way you should only need to add the prof extension since that is the only input that D-Fend Reloaded requires.

post-62687-0-90300700-1437289070_thumb.jpg

This what a typical dosbox config looks like. Try this in the config but correct any paths at the bottom:

[sdl]

fullscreen=true

fulldouble=false

fullresolution=original

windowresolution=original

output=ddraw

autolock=true

sensitivity=100

waitonerror=true

priority=normal,lower

mapperfile=mapper.txt

usescancodes=true

[dosbox]

language=

machine=svga_s3

captures=capture

memsize=63

[render]

frameskip=0

aspect=true

scaler=normal3x

[cpu]

core=dynamic

cycles=max

cycleup=500

cycledown=500

[mixer]

nosound=false

rate=22050

blocksize=2048

prebuffer=10

[midi]

mpu401=intelligent

device=default

config=

[sblaster]

sbtype=sb16

sbbase=220

irq=7

dma=1

hdma=5

mixer=true

oplmode=auto

oplrate=22050

[gus]

gus=true

gusrate=22050

gusbase=240

irq1=5

irq2=5

dma1=3

dma2=3

ultradir=C:\ULTRASND

[speaker]

pcspeaker=true

pcrate=22050

tandy=auto

tandyrate=22050

disney=true

[joystick]

joysticktype=auto

timed=true

autofire=false

swap34=false

buttonwrap=true

[serial]

serial1=dummy

serial2=dummy

serial3=disabled

serial4=disabled

[dos]

xms=true

ems=true

umb=true

keyboardlayout=none

[ipx]

ipx=true

[autoexec]

mount c "c:\stonkeep\"

imgmount d "Z:\Hyperspin\Emulators\Microsoft MS-DOS\ROMS\Stonekeep\Stonkeep.iso" -t iso

c:\

sk.exe

exit

double click in explorer and tell me if that works

mount d c:\stonekeep\cd -t cdrom

mount c c:\stonekeep\game\stonkeep

c:

sk 

thats what i added to my lines in config its in the the  C:\users\yourname\appdata\local\dosbox i hope it helps it automatically mounts and boots the game without the installing :)

Hi, 

I made a simple solution to run DOS games by DosBox.

If you have installed (downloaded) exodos game collection, then use Meagre (provided in the collection) to install the game wanted.

For example, if you want to run the game Commander Keen 1 on Hyperspin,

then, the game is usaually installed in a folder called "X:\foldername\foldername\DOS\Games\!dos\CKeen1 (all games are installed in "!DOS\gamename")

Next, you go to the specified folder and make a shortcut from the "gamename.bat" file (e.g.:Commander Keen 1 -  Marooned on Mars (1990))
Place the shortcut file (Commander Keen 1 -  Marooned on Mars (1990).lnk) in a folder named "ROMS" (you need to make the folder manually)

In HyperHQ, assign "lnk" for fileextentions.

You can shorten the filename if you want. eg.: CKEEN1.LNK

Add the needed info to the DOS.XML file, run hyperspin and test it.

Regards,

Roverius

holy hell, I just tried to get stonekeep running in d-fend reloaded for the last two hours.  mounting a drive, doing the install, bla bla bla, having an autoexec bat starting script.  I could never get anything but error messages.  From RAM headers to HMI files missing.  Nightmare.  Seems as though this was one of those wonky games of the win95 and DOS CD-ROM era combined.  Not an easy setup like true dos games are, where everything was just in their folder.  Or present on the cd-rom.  Try some other dos games, see if you can get those to work.  Maybe some genius can get this to actually mount and run off the cd.  But I couldn't get past the second screen on the cd-rom where it asked me to change ram headers in the debug.c file LOL.

Once it is installed drag the stonkeep.iso into dosbox and it will mount it automatically. Then just type sk. The iso needs to be in the same folder as sk.bat for this to work.

This what a typical dosbox config looks like. Try this in the config but correct any paths at the bottom:

[sdl]

fullscreen=true

fulldouble=false

fullresolution=original

windowresolution=original

output=ddraw

autolock=true

sensitivity=100

waitonerror=true

priority=normal,lower

mapperfile=mapper.txt

usescancodes=true

[dosbox]

language=

machine=svga_s3

captures=capture

memsize=63

[render]

frameskip=0

aspect=true

scaler=normal3x

[cpu]

core=dynamic

cycles=max

cycleup=500

cycledown=500

[mixer]

nosound=false

rate=22050

blocksize=2048

prebuffer=10

[midi]

mpu401=intelligent

device=default

config=

[sblaster]

sbtype=sb16

sbbase=220

irq=7

dma=1

hdma=5

mixer=true

oplmode=auto

oplrate=22050

[gus]

gus=true

gusrate=22050

gusbase=240

irq1=5

irq2=5

dma1=3

dma2=3

ultradir=C:\ULTRASND

[speaker]

pcspeaker=true

pcrate=22050

tandy=auto

tandyrate=22050

disney=true

[joystick]

joysticktype=auto

timed=true

autofire=false

swap34=false

buttonwrap=true

[serial]

serial1=dummy

serial2=dummy

serial3=disabled

serial4=disabled

[dos]

xms=true

ems=true

umb=true

keyboardlayout=none

[ipx]

ipx=true

[autoexec]

imgmount d "Z:\Hyperspin\Emulators\Microsoft MS-DOS\ROMS\Stonekeep\Stonkeep.iso" -t iso

sk.exe

exit

double click in explorer and tell me if that works

I tried this and it is still trying to mount the conf folder...

LOL, everyone has their own way loading these games. All of them should work too but not at the same time! It may be confusing the poor guy. mccorkled, you keep posting HS-RL`s error messages. Stay out of RL until you have the game fully loading and playing from windows!!!! Cannot stress this enough! If this does not load the game:

sk.exe

exit

Then there is a path that is not right. Perhaps you installed the game to the default "c:\intrplay\stonkeep\" make sure it points to the installed directory and that sk.exe is in that directory. Or possibly you moved or renamed the iso file. Also make sure it is where the imgmount line says it is.

Once it does work, RL should only be given the .conf extension and path to all your .conf files in the Dosbos ahk options... nothing else needs to be set, not in global emulator or anything, the more you mess with the settings in RL now before it`s actually working, the harder it will be to fix.

Okay that should be a simple fix, all you need is the "DOSBox DOS.prof" file, which I attach here. Simply copy it to the Confs folder and you should be fine.

http://www.fast-files.com/getfile.aspx?file=95533

That link is not working.

LOL, everyone has their own way loading these games. All of them should work too but not at the same time! It may be confusing the poor guy. mccorkled, you keep posting HS-RL`s error messages. Stay out of RL until you have the game fully loading and playing from windows!!!! Cannot stress this enough! If this does not load the game:

sk.exe

exit

Then there is a path that is not right. Perhaps you installed the game to the default "c:\intrplay\stonkeep\" make sure it points to the installed directory and that sk.exe is in that directory. Or possibly you moved or renamed the iso file. Also make sure it is where the imgmount line says it is.

Once it does work, RL should only be given the .conf extension and path to all your .conf files in the Dosbos ahk options... nothing else needs to be set, not in global emulator or anything, the more you mess with the settings in RL now before it`s actually working, the harder it will be to fix.

The game is working fine out side of RLUI.

Archived