Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

DosBox Help

mccorkled

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lnk files are just windows shortcuts, set up in RL like "pc launcher"... a "virtual emulator" no path needed!

Sent from my SGH-I467M using Tapatalk

I got ALL the games working with shortcuts to dosbox and the config file. Just can't figure out RLUI. Here is how I set it up...like my PC Games

zjgpr7.png

Here is the error I am getting.

20891k2.png

Hmm, figures, I am not home to check this out. Wont be home for another 10 hours or so... Do you really need to launch these from RL? If not, just switch the setting from "hyperlaunch" to "normal" in HSHQ.

Hmm, figures, I am not home to check this out. Wont be home for another 10 hours or so... Do you really need to launch these from RL? If not, just switch the setting from "hyperlaunch" to "normal" in HSHQ.

Can I still use Hyperspin that way? I would prefer to just keep all system to RL.

Yeah that setting is in HyperspinHQ. You will lose fade and hyperpause if you bypass RL though. Will work though. Did you try adding an emulator to your ms dos system in RL?

Yeah that setting is in HyperspinHQ. You will lose fade and hyperpause if you bypass RL though. Will work though. Did you try adding an emulator to your ms dos system in RL?

I did not know you could add an emulator/module to an existing emulator....?

Great that you can get it working. Although I still prefer the D-Fend Reloaded route. Anyways have fun playing those DOS games.

Thanks for all your help. I just couldn't get DFend to work right.

Yes you can have as many emulators as u like per system. You can even use different ones for different games. This is very useful for systems like N64 where a game may play better on say project64 instead of 1964.

In RLUI click on ms dos on the left. Under the big emulators tab click the plus sign. Name it whatever you like. Add lnk as extension and choose PC LAUNCHER as module. In this case, check the virtual emulator button.

Yes you can have as many emulators as u like per system. You can even use different ones for different games. This is very useful for systems like N64 where a game may play better on say project64 instead of 1964.

In RLUI click on ms dos on the left. Under the big emulators tab click the plus sign. Name it whatever you like. Add lnk as extension and choose PC LAUNCHER as module. In this case, check the virtual emulator button.

That is what I was saying before. When I click the + button and do all that, PC Launcher is not a module option under MS DOS

dphflk.png

i think to get it to be launched as a pc game they were saying you DON'T use RL, and use hyperhq to set the execution of that wheel to Pc game.

Yes, but he will lose fade and pause going that route for that system. Fade is kind of nice, I have yet to set up pause. I will also be setting up all my pc games in the "pc games" section whether dos or not.

Try to set up a "PCdosLauncher" emulator under global first and see if it selectable in msdos then.

Yes, but he will lose fade and pause going that route for that system. Fade is kind of nice, I have yet to set up pause. I will also be setting up all my pc games in the "pc games" section whether dos or not.

Try to set up a "PCdosLauncher" emulator under global first and see if it selectable in msdos then.

I am not sure what you mean.

Select global on the left instead of msdos. Then use the plus button to set up emulator like I mentioned earlier. Then go back to msdos and see if you can select it.

Select global on the left instead of msdos. Then use the plus button to set up emulator like I mentioned earlier. Then go back to msdos and see if you can select it.

That's what I thought you were talking about. I did that and it still is not an option.

Ok... Damn, I wish I was at home right now. I believe there is a config file that tells RL which emus are for which system. You might have to add that one. Will check more when I get home (11pm).

Do you have any PC Games setup? Just for shits and giggles, add the path to your lnk files to the rompath for pc games.

Ok... Damn, I wish I was at home right now. I believe there is a config file that tells RL which emus are for which system. You might have to add that one. Will check more when I get home (11pm).

Do you have any PC Games setup? Just for shits and giggles, add the path to your lnk files to the rompath for pc games.

Tried that and there is some weird error that pops up about steam. All my other PC Games play fine.

I have just re-read the entire thread. And my conclusion is that you should definitely go back to D-Fend. I am a little shocked at the dosbox.ahk... I would have thought most users of dosbox would have created little shortcuts to launch them so they didn't have to type all the time, and they can't just use them????

The IMGMOUNT command was tricking both of us. It is to be mounted inside dosbox so the command needed to target the virtual c: that was just loaded with the MOUNT command and not our real z: location.

WRONG

imgmount d Z:\Hyperspin\Emulators\Microsoft MS-DOS\ROMS\Stonekeep\Stonekeep.iso -t iso

RIGHT

imgmount d c:\Stonkeep\stonkeep.iso -t iso

I'd be happy getting it set up without dfend to tell you the truth, I have dosbox, I have installs, I have the conf files, I can make shortcuts with the exact command line to give... It should be real easy, I just can't figure out what RL wants exactly... I fear it will be similar to MUGEN in that you will have to make entries into the RL-MODULES-DOSbox-ini file manually for each of your games. There is an example one in that directory already if anyone wants to take a look.

OK, I figured it out. If you .conf files are all good then you're all good. I will use a collection of "Leisure Suit Larry" games as an example. Here is my folder structure:

Z:\GAMES\Microsoft MS-DOS\

-----LSL1VGA\

-----LSL2\

-----LSL3\

-----LSL5\

-----LSL1VGA.lnk

Z:\EMULATORS\Microsoft MS-DOS\DOSBox-0.74\CONFIGS\

-----LSL1VGA\dosbox.conf

-----LSL2\dosbox.conf

-----LSL3\dosbox.conf

The first directory is where you games are installed. I use the .lnk file just to audit in RL but I think it's nice you can double click from there and play/test the game. Make sure their folder names match the database.

The second structure only made sense after paying attention to the errors RL spits out. Each of your .conf files has to be renamed to "dosbox.conf" and placed in a directory that also matches the database.

Inside RLUI, just add the .lnk extension to the dosbox emu. I also had to change the "output" in global emulator settings to "opengl" otherwise games showed up in a small box.

OK, I figured it out. If you .conf files are all good then you're all good. I will use a collection of "Leisure Suit Larry" games as an example. Here is my folder structure:

Z:\GAMES\Microsoft MS-DOS\

-----LSL1VGA\

-----LSL2\

-----LSL3\

-----LSL5\

-----LSL1VGA.lnk

Z:\EMULATORS\Microsoft MS-DOS\DOSBox-0.74\CONFIGS\

-----LSL1VGA\dosbox.conf

-----LSL2\dosbox.conf

-----LSL3\dosbox.conf

The first directory is where you games are installed. I use the .lnk file just to audit in RL but I think it's nice you can double click from there and play/test the game. Make sure their folder names match the database.

The second structure only made sense after paying attention to the errors RL spits out. Each of your .conf files has to be renamed to "dosbox.conf" and placed in a directory that also matches the database.

Inside RLUI, just add the .lnk extension to the dosbox emu. I also had to change the "output" in global emulator settings to "opengl" otherwise games showed up in a small box.

Could you take some screen shots of all your settings? I moved a few of my conf files into their own folders matching the database and I am still getting the same errors.

Could you take some screen shots of all your settings? I moved a few of my conf files into their own folders matching the database and I am still getting the same errors.

Sure, if you were really messing with a lot of settings maybe it is better to delete the system and re-add it? Anyway here's some screenshots.

GLOBAL

2a94e1f.png

Microsoft MS-DOS

14dlx76.png

29nuf5h.png

Archived